Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My TBR plan of action . . .

Go down 
+13
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
Dragonlady
2shay
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
DEW
showmethelove
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 am

I just wanted to thank you for your letters, posts, notes, cards, donations, support and sympathy. I will try and get here when I am in the right mind to. Love you all.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 am

Miss--Can I suggest something? Outlander and Night Huntress are so good for different reasons. Outlander is my all time favorite, favorite.....favorite, but it is a huge series and takes some time. My suggestion is to read them at the same time...switching back and forth...if you can...LOL. They are both so good you could get snared. Outlander has a bit of a slow start. You might think we are a bunch of nuts until you get a ways into the story....trust us here...just keep reading. Night Huntress, on the other hand, starts fast and stays fast...addicting. You can't make a mistake, either way.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 am

Miss--uap is right...both of the series you mentioned is better than AB. I have read those, too.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:39 pm

2shay wrote:
Miss--Can I suggest something? Outlander and Night Huntress are so good for different reasons. Outlander is my all time favorite, favorite.....favorite, but it is a huge series and takes some time. My suggestion is to read them at the same time...switching back and forth...if you can...LOL. They are both so good you could get snared. Outlander has a bit of a slow start. You might think we are a bunch of nuts until you get a ways into the story....trust us here...just keep reading. Night Huntress, on the other hand, starts fast and stays fast...addicting. You can't make a mistake, either way.

Call me dumb, but I had never thought of switching back and forth! confused

I think I will start with NH and then go to Outlander.

Better than AB, huh? Wow... Now I am really excited!! happy dance
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Well...it's all opinions. I think they are better. twirling
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:20 pm

I added Magic Bites to my TBR list. I just have one question though... does it have any, um... "steamy" scenes? smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Eventually yes there is steam in the Magic Series by IA. It takes a few books though.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Try Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series too. Action and Wink Action.

Kate Daniels series is amazing! My other BIG recommend is Karen Marie Monings Fever series. It's a favorite of a lot of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:13 am

also read her other series ~ The Edge and Bayou Moon ~ really, really good!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:36 am

All those recommendations are great. I thought everyone in the whole world had already read the Fever series? No? OMG..... heart
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

And my list grows and grows... Thanks so much for all the suggestions! smile I can't wait to start reading!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm

miss--Stick with us, Girlfriend! You will read everything worth your time, money and effort!

Hey, if you really like the sexy stuff, have you ever tried the m/m books? We have read a bunch of them, and they are just great. If you might be interested....just say. In fact, some of them are so good, they have become some of my favorites. twirling
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 pm

2shay wrote:
miss--Stick with us, Girlfriend! You will read everything worth your time, money and effort!

Hey, if you really like the sexy stuff, have you ever tried the m/m books? We have read a bunch of them, and they are just great. If you might be interested....just say. In fact, some of them are so good, they have become some of my favorites. twirling

I haven't tried the m/m books. What are they?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

mlssglbrt9 wrote:
2shay wrote:

I haven't tried the m/m books. What are they?

They are just books with male male love interest/romance. If you don't mind that (or even like it like me Wink ) Then we have some good ones to recommend!
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 pm

showmethelove wrote:

They are just books with male male love interest/romance. If you don't mind that (or even like it like me Wink ) Then we have some good ones to recommend!

Oh! I have never read those before! LOL Well, I sure wouldn't mind giving it a try. :whis:
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 am

Mlssglbrt, have you read Trina M Lee's Alexa O'Brien series? Also another great series (plenty of smexy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 am

mlssglbrt9 wrote:
showmethelove wrote:

Oh! I have never read those before! LOL Well, I sure wouldn't mind giving it a try. :whis:

Word of warning! Proceed with care! No turning back twirling
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Besides those mentioned and I will say it again...Diana Gabaldon and Jeaniene Frost (and I assume you read Sookie), don't forget Keri Arthur, Karen Chance, Rochelle Mead, Faith Hunter, Kim Harrison, Chloe Neill and Rachel Vincent. Gosh I know I am forgetting some real good ones! Forgive me.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:37 pm

LOL, that ought to keep her busy ladies Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Did anyone say Patricia Briggs?
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

So, so many I need to catch up on as well. Not that I'm complaining Wink I threw out my TBR list, its so long that I don't know where to start, and then when I start it, well something else comes along to sidetrack me.

Pratrica Briggs is a good choice, Devon Monk was another name.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Ok, on my list so far I have:

Night Huntress Series - Frost - got the first one on my Kindle today!
Outlander Series - Gabaldon
Fever Series - Moning
Highlander Series - Moning
Rouge Mage Series - Hunter
Kate Daniels Series - Andrews
The Edge - Andrews
Mercy Thompson Series - Briggs
Alexa O'Brien - Lee

I think I will be busy a while!!

Thanks for the great suggestions.
not worthy
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Does anyone else here read Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series?
The next one releases on the 28th, and I may do a quick reread of the one before it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

I've read them, dopple.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I knew I forgot one J R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood! And kill me but Fever was a good series but not on my top 10 to die for. Yes the last 2 were great but the others before were just good. I really didn't like her Highlander series much, well once I read a thousand other romance highlander series that were better it didn't seem so great, but it did give some great background info on the Fever series and some books were way better than others. I just hate when an author falls to their own formula too much- I mean change the heroine's type (short stocky virgin in each- come on). They weren't bad in any means. Definitely a good read, but I wasn't as crazy obsessed in the beginning like other people were. In other words I wasn't up in the wee hours of the night still holding my kindle because I had to keep going. I could put it down and go to sleep (unlike many other series *cough* Outlander *cough* Sookie *cough* Cat and Bones *cough* Karen Chance...and many others).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: