Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Swan

Go down 
+12
calimama
uapeople
Starbrites
kimba
Oh Yes
b4v
Greencat
DEW
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dark Swan - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:34 pm

It really did seem as though plot advancement came only at the expense of the book as a whole.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Yes it wasn't a great book,but I still really liked it. Perhaps because I enjoyed Dorina,Jasmine,and most of the other side characters.

RM must have wnated to breakup Dorina and Eug for a brief time,but wasn't a geat way to do it. I have read all 3 of her series,and each one the herione does something dopey,and returns stronger. I hope that is the goal for book 4 a strong queen/mother Eugiene. Because if she is ending the series at 4 books there is ALOT to cover in the book. Will the twins be born? War? Can she trust Dorian? Is his evil ex going to cause trouble? Like team up with kiyo to kill her? Kiyo will he still try to kill his babies? Or will he rethink things?Is the prophecy real? Or is it wrong,and the birth will be a good event? Etc.

One of the big shockers for me was that Dorian had her slinky next to him! Thoughts on that?Did he have it by him in hope she would return to him? etc

BTW I saw where RM posted that IC was 27 on the NY Times best selers list and she was thrilled.

Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:55 am

hops, I see where you're coming from with your frustrations with IC. RM was doing 3 different books, from 3 different series at the one time, and I think maybe this one suffered a bit for it in plot and character development. Hopefully, the next one will make up for it smile

DL, you're daughter has very good taste! lol! Have you seen other art from Victoria Frances? She's an amazing artist.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 am

b4v wrote:
DL, you're daughter has very good taste! lol! Have you seen other art from Victoria Frances? She's an amazing artist.

She is amazing! My daughter has the calendar and at the end of each month she saves the pic to put up like a poster - there is a lot of boob-age!! Very girly-goth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:00 am

LOL at the "boob-age"! Yeah, corsets will do that to ya!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Okay I am getting ready to start this series.. Stayed up late last night on kindle being OCD on what books I wanted to download and start reading. Today I put the names on paper had my hubby shake them up and drew from a hat.. :D This is the series I picked. Excited to get started..
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:43 pm

LOL Starbrites I like your scientific method!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

lol yeah I kinda have a hard time making up my mind.. :D Started it and I am really enjoying it so far..
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

That is brilliant - you pulled them out of a hat!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:46 pm

I sure did. If I had to choose on my own I would still be sitting here deciding. I finished Storm Born and I really liked it. It was fast pacing and her inner thoughts didn't have me begging my own eyes to skip over. I will be starting the 2nd one later. I have been staying away from all the posts so I don't see anything that I shouldnt!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 am

Please someone tell me we do not have to wait a whole year for the next book. Even if you have to lie to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 am

kimba wrote:
Yes it wasn't a great book,but I still really liked it. Perhaps because I enjoyed Dorina,Jasmine,and most of the other side characters.

RM must have wnated to breakup Dorina and Eug for a brief time,but wasn't a geat way to do it. One of the big shockers for me was that Dorian had her slinky next to him! Thoughts on that?Did he have it by him in hope she would return to him? etc

I agree with you and I wondered about the slinky too. I do think he was waiting for her to return. I don't know if I trust Droian but I really like him. I was pissed as hell last night when Kiyo was going to kill her. I wasnt trusting him like she was cause I just new he was still playing dirty with his babys mama.. UGH!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 am

I cannot tell a lie - January 2012 :evil: 🇳🇴 :x
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 am

If I could produce tears right now I would be crying!!! I will go with Laughter to cover my sadness.. :pale: :D I am also glad to see I am not the only one who loves Dorian. After my Doc appointment I am coming to back to read the whole thread to see what everyone had to say.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 am

DEW wrote:
And Richelle Mead might get the award for hottest character introduction scene. Despite what ANY of you ladies later think of the man... that Hotel Bar scene was SUPER HOT... like 322 Kelvin. (Which is about 120 F --- as in so hot you can barely stand it and need to seek shelter/ cool off. Danger of Heat Stroke hot... I'm just sayin' --- it was a memorable scene.

ROFLMAO!! It really was..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

SwedeLover wrote:
I feel like smacking her! Here is a new poll - who is more infuriating than Faythe!!!
star star Iron Crowned - oh my god I am crying like a baby ! The way Dorian asked if there was any chance the baby was his! And the slinky on his table of nick nacks by the throne! And no Ysabel there of course - he may have wanted Eugenie to think he had taken her back to his bed but we know better! He just loves Eug so much! I did and didn't enjoy this book loved Dorian obviously but prefer to actually like the heroine - for a lot of this book Eugenie just drove me mad! And yes I am still crying Sad

This is how I feel.. You hit it right on the nose..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 am

Just had to say last night after I had to stop reading Once Bitten and went off to bed I layed there getting more and more pissed off about that damn Fox! lol How stupid to be pissed over a Book character.. :D He just really surprised me. I new something was up with him but now that I know what I hope her and Dorian take his ass out and while there at it they can take that damn willow queen with him.. Ok, I feel better now that I have said that.. :P
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 am

Join the club honey - that fox is going d-o-w-n and not in a good way either Wink
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 pm

RM posted the title of the next book..it's called Shadow Heir. Interesting pick. Now is that one of the twins or Eugenie?
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:26 am

Ooh, thanks for that, kimba!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:43 am

Nice pic of Dorian and Eugenie comic book cover in RM's blog. It's the second pic in her "Eugenie News" post. Enjoy!

http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 am

I like the agnostic kitten.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 am

I love thatits Eugneie and she's tied up by Dorian! LOL and yea,no fox!

My girls love hello kitty,so I finally got my ass in gear and put it on here.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 am

I started IC now .

I know this book pissed a lot of you guys off so I'm prepared for it.
I think! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:26 am

Just a little Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Swan
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next