SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Discuss all the books up to and including the last one, Lover Mine, the John Matthews and Xhex book . . . with all the dhivine bhits with Qhuay Twisted Evil
At this stage i dont think we need spoiler stars as the books have all been out for a while now

1. Dark Lover (Wrath)
2. Lover Eternal (Rhage)
3. Lover Awakened (Zsadist)
4. Lover Revealed (Butch)
5. Lover Unbound (Vishous)
6. Lover Enshrined (Phury)
7. Lover Avenged (Rehvenge)
8. Lover Mine (John Matthews)

Last edited by SwedeLover on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Book Titles listed)
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Mmmmm...that is such a nice picture. Good choice ladies! He's my fave!!! V and Z are yummy too heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Her teasers for new books kill me. I'd be happier just knowing the whole plot. I'm doing my best to avoid the things.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I joined her site but never went back. I can live without the quotes. I'm not as in love with this series as you though.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Her website is awful. I was combing for spoilers once and got a terrible headache.

I do love the series, but I'm not a junkie. Anymore. :P
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Her website is scary! :evil: I don't ever go there. But her live chats are hysterical. You feel like you are in the Thunderdome and everyone has vuvuzela's they are tooting at you. And she cracks me up. But I am always intimidated by her fans.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Starting tomorrow, Feb 27th, we will do a review of the BDB series. We will begin with Dark Lover. Wednesday, Mar 2nd we will switch to Lover Eternal. The next switch will be the following Sunday. I'm sure you guys see the pattern here. Get your thinking caps ready for a fact finding mission/gossip session, peeps: we'll be entering the Wardiverse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Love it !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 pm

I have never been back to this series since I read it a couple of years back - and what I really want is to collate all the Qhay bits right from the very beginning!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 am

I haven't re-read this one either - so exciting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 am

Dark Lover, the first in the BDB series is the story of Wrath and Beth. In this book they become King and Queen of the vampires. Wrath is the last full blood vampire, and Beth is half human. He agrees to help her through her transition to fulfill the dying request of his friend and Black Dagger Brother, Darius. They are both alone and lonely either by choice or circumstance at the beginning of the book. Invariably, it doesn't take long for the red smoke to fill the room and the sex to start.

Both Wrath and Beth struggle with trust and acceptance issues. Wrath is very anti-human and Beth has troubles accepting the existence of vampires as something other than movie myth. Ultimately, they fall in love and find they have much common ground despite the whole vamp/human thing, as they were both orphaned as pre-trans as a result of Lesser violence. That and they are very sexually compatible. It helps, what can I say.

This book introduces us to the world of the BDB. We first encounter names with extraneous h's, pale bad guys who smell like old ladies and live in the suburbs, and the creation mythology centered about the Scribe Virgin.

Being the first in a well established series most of the mysteries started in this book have been solved or resolved. The final biggie I can think of is the favor Wrath owes the Scribe Virgin. It's still out there.

That's the bare bones folks, help me flesh it out!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:48 am

I have to flesh it out myself? Really? Fine then, the Wardiverse can be my private playground.

POVs include:
Wrath: The hero, King of Vampires, currently shirking all duties
Beth: The heroine, intrepid reporter stuck editing other people's work
Darius: The heroine's father and close friend of the hero. He is killed by the Forelesser, Mr. X, with a car bomb.
Butch: Caldwell PD homicide detective
Marissa: Wrath's shellan
Havers: Doctor to the vampires and brother of Marissa
Mr.X: The Forelesser

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 pm

oh you are very good at this ;
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 pm

I know, right? Flattery will get you everywhere, by the way. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 pm

just feed me the qhuay bits when they start:)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:16 pm

You're gonna laugh but what I remember most is Wrath biting into a blood blow up doll and breaking a fang and going to Beth to fix it as his dentist. Then she gets attacked...and a new love is started. Now I need to reread!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Wrong series. That's Roman and Shanna in the Kerrelyn Sparks series.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

OMG...lmao..
sorry about that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 am

Important concepts, organizations, and individuals introduced in Dark Lover whose definitions and descriptions can be found in the glossary at the beginning of the book include:

Lessers and the Lessening Society
transitions
the Black Dagger Brotherhood
the Scribe Virgin
the Omega
the Chosen

Not included in the glossary is the other side, and the Forelesser. The other side is the realm of the Scribe Virgin and the Chosen. The Forelesser is the head of the Lessening Society here on earth. He has extra powers and is responsible directly to the Omega.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Important characters with no POV:

Rhage: The big gorgeous Brother who has lots of sex and turns into a dragon and eats Lessers when angered.
Zsadist: The scarred up fucked up psychopath. He had himself a nice little assault planned for Beth before he realized she was Darius' daughter and bonded to Wrath. Sings with voice of an angel.

Phury: Zsadist's twin brother, celibate drug user with a beautiful head of hair and artificial leg. He shot the real one off all by himself.
Vishous: Tech guru and Red Sox fan. He wears a glove to protect people from his freaky glowing hand and it's awesome powers. Has a goatee and "visions." He has one of Butch.

Tohrment: Black Dagger Brother and friend of Wrath. He points out Wrath's growing affections for Beth and feels Wrath's wrath as a result. (hahaha I'm so smart)
Wellisandra: Shellan of Tohrment. Big beautiful pregnant red head. Before the mating of Beth and Wrath she was the only shellan of a Brother who lived with her hellren.
Billy Riddle: Creepy kid who attempts to rape Beth. Son of a Senator and eventual inductee of the Lessening Society. He helps Mr.X kidnap Beth the day after her mating ceremony.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Important things not yet mentioned.

Wrath is visually impaired and tends to describe things by smell. He is known as the Blind King. At the beginning of the book he is mated to Marissa, it was arranged by their parents. She is waiting for him to come to his senses and fall in love with her. That doesn't work out for her, in fact her brother freaks out at her treatment and arranges with the Forelesser to kill Wrath. Havers tried to get Zsadist to do it. He refused.

Beth, Darius' daughter begins her transition alone at her apt. She is found by Butch who is convinced Wrath is a dangerous Eastern European drug dealer. Wrath did try to kill him, so he does have some grounds to dislike him. Beth asks to be taken to Wrath and Butch does it thinking she is in withdrawal so severe it will kill her.

The Scribe Virgin was friends with Wrath's father, also Wrath. All kings are Wrath. At some point he told the deceased king her first name. It is Annalise.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 am

Lover Eternal is the story of Rhage and Mary. Rhage is a stunningly beautiful young vampire male in his 200s, an exemplary fighter, a profligate philanderer, and cursed to become a dragon by the Scribe Virgin. Mary is dying. She is an atheist Madonna, plain, educated, and well spoken. Of course Rhage falls completely head over heels in love with the lost cause that she is. After an ice cream massage the smexy starts.

In classic romance novel fashion, they both try to hold back their curse to save or spare the other. Honestly, that shit just never works out, don't they read? Rhage has to embrace his inner dragon and allow it to love Mary as much as he does. Mary has to allow someone to sit helplessly by as she slowly dies. Rhage just can't do that so he goes and bargains with the Scribe Virgin. As it turns out the Scribe Virgin can be compassionate and she not only cures Mary's cancer, but grants her an eternal life that will end at the time of Mary's choosing. Rhage gladly remains cursed with the dragon for life to have Mary.

This book introduces new characters and is the first to have multiple story lines.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

If anyone is following my monologue, today's comments will be late. I've got kindergarteners to hang with. Feel free, anyone, to jump in and make comments. The book up is Lover Eternal.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 pm

POVs in Lover Eternal:

Mary: Human, works in a law office and volunteers at a suicide hotline, dying.
Rhage: Biggest of the Brothers, transforms into a dragon when his emotions take control, has ludicrous quantities of sex to help the problem. Dissatisfied with his life.
Bella: Mary's beautiful vamp neighbor. She pulls Mary into the circle of the BDB to help John Matthew. She finds Zsadist...interesting.
Zsadist: Really uncomfortable that a female finds him interesting, but it's Bella. Maybe she's not so bad but seriously that shit is just wrong. Women and their interest both.
Butch: Still in love with Marissa, and she isn't calling or accepting his visits.
John Matthew: Young mute pre-trans raised by the local Catholic orphanage. Wears a bracelet with the Warrior name Tehrror embossed upon it.
Mr. O: A lesser second in command to the Forelesser Mr. X. He doesn't want to just assimilate. He has plans to distinguish himself.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

I like Rhage/Hollywood - slutty dragon boy smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**   

Back to top Go down

Dark Lover to Lover Mine inclusive - BEWARE Spoilers**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next