Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 Shades Trilogy

Go down 
+9
Greencat
autumnleaves
sabby
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
Starbrites
readerchic
2shay
Barbara
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:49 pm

star 50 star

I kmow exactly what you mean! I had so much trouble with his "sadistic" side. Keep reading. And while you're reading, try to figure out why in the world would a smart young woman like Ana accept this. We are in her head all the time, and we only know what she is thinking about. There are things she doesn't and won't think about. And Christian has already revealed his worst secrets. His panic when he thinks she isn't safe causes total uncontrolable anger.

This book turned me inside out.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:06 am

star 50 star

Starbrites--Remember Christian's birthday? When she lured him back into the Red Room Of Pain? He made love to her so sweetly after they were through playing and told her that it was all he wanted. He has told her many times that he doesn't want to hurt her. The problem is.....we have read that damned contract, met Elena and Leila. I think it scares US more than Ana. I know it scared the crap out of me. What they are is a young married couple having a fight. Not every man would have left a business meeting and flown home because he was worried.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:20 am

star 50 star (Am I supposed to put this if I post something about FSOG?) I noticed that yall did so I wasn't sure.

You also have to remember that D/s is all Christian has ever known. whipping He has never ever been in a "normal" relationship. And as much as he wants that with Ana it will take time for him to be able to do that. To learn how to do things different & express his feelings (which he has also never done). It'll take more time than we have in the books.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:24 am

pssst... I have the trilogy ebook in my cart at Amazon
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:55 am

twirling Swede... twirling You have no idea how much I am CRAVING your take on the story! I know what Fae will say...she will be bitching about the writing and editing the whole way, and believe me...I would love, love to hear that, too! I am not sure which way Showme would go. Something you should all know.......there is no condemnation of the "lifestyle" ....well except for how it pertains to Christian and Ana's relationship...a modification, so to speak. I would love for the whole gang to be all over this one! It is a total psycological and emotional head trip! Uap would figure some things out right away that took me TWO readings to get a handle on. If it weren't for readerchic, I would have never finished. (RC...don't read this part.....you guys don't kmow RC very well yet...she is scary smart and insightful.... heart ) I am loving seeing starbrites very familiar reaction....just like mine! Sabby and autumn need to get their butts in here and talk. Sabby would wear the smilies out! Damn, that girl canbe such a hoot!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:50 pm

star 50 Shades star

"Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishes from Aladdin's lamp all rolled into one." Anastasia Grey
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Your right the whole book is one big head trip!

star 50 star

I finished! So last night after I had calmed myself down I went ahead and started reading again. I thought a lot about what you asked me shay and I came to the conclusion that I have not the faintest clue. smile

I wish I could say all the things I am feeling about the book right now but honestly I am at a loss for words. I just need a little bit of time to figure out what I want to say.

Did you or RC have this loss for words moment when you guys finished? It seems really strange to me because I am never at a loss for words. I am the most opinionated person you could ever meet and I always say how I feel and what is on my mind but right now I just can't seem to get anything out that has to do with the book.

It's frustrating and I think I can see why you and a lot of other people have to read it more then once. It's a helluva lot to wrap your brain around.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Starbrites--As usual, you have nailed it. 50 left me stunned. I know you have some other reading plans. So, run some things around in your head at some spare moments.

star 50 star

What was wrong with Ana? Why did she tell Dr. Flynn that she didn't think Christian would want her if he wasn't so messed up? Why wouldn't she eat? How could she give her first blowjob without any sign of a gag reflex?.....Christian never questioned it even though he was stunned.....! Why won't Ana think about her mother's, Carla's, third husband Steve? Ana and Carla won't talk about him with each other. Why would Ana lure Christian back into the playroom when he has made it abundantly clear that he is completely happy and satisfied with their sex life with a little kinky fuckery thrown in?

We will never know these answers from Ana. We are at the mercy of her thought processes and she won't think about them. Ana is at least...at least...as complex as Christian.

ETA: I have a whole list of questions about Christian, too! Laters, Baby!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Great questions that I would love to get answered too. I do have 2 books I need to read and then I am going to reread these books again. My friend wants to reread them too so I told her as soon as I am done with Deadlocked and Cut & Run I will read them with her. You almost need another time just to wrap your mind around shit.

I'm curious at the end of her book she put done for now. Does that mean she is planning to write more with these characters?

The short at the end C first chrismas made me cry and then his POV for when he met Ana. That was great.

I'll be thinking about these books for a while. I can already tell. I think that's why it is important for me to do that reread so I can make sense of all the things that are going around in my head. You read it more then once shay?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah, starbrites. Two full reads, plus I was scanning through while you were reading. I am obsessed. I feel like Uap with Outlander. There is some talk that she might do a book from Christian's pov. There are soooooo mant things I want to point out. Things I know you were too wired on the story to notice.

One Christian question.....why did a practicing Dom, who had never let one of his subs in his bed, and who's subs were highly controlled and always on birth control, have condoms in his bedside table the first time he brings Ana there? A man who states repeatedly how much he hates condoms? "always be prepared" is what he told Ana. Interesting, huh?

Last edited by 2shay on Sun May 06, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small correction)
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm

I would LOVE for her to do a book from his POV. That would really give us a look into Fiftys head.

LOL! I had not even thought about the condom thing but your right. He always has them. Every where he goes.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm

I think when I do reread I will make notes as I go so I can talk about the things I want to because I just read the books so damn fast that I passed by on everything I wanted to say right in that moment.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm

star 50 star

I'm not sure I want to read Christian's POV. I don't think I want to be in his 50 shades of fucked up head. I think it would be a very painful place to be. very sad Especially when he's remembering his past. Sad I also don't know if I want to read more. I'm good with how it ended. I think that if she writes more it will be more of the same. Also I kinda think that if she writes more it will be more for money than anything else. I think the story might feel forced or manipulated. Like maybe she's thinking "If they want more 50 I'll give it to them & make another fortune. Let me see what kind of shit I can put Ana & Christian through & then give them another HEA." No, I don't want that. No doubt they will have problems as every couple does but I am a romantic draw u heart & I am gonna choose to believe they live a long happy life together with all the kinky fuckery they can stand. whipping
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm

star 50 star

I think one of the things I liked most about this book was that even though it was from Ana's POV we weren't stuck in her head all the time. She never just sat and thought a million things for 10 pages at a time. There was always something going on. That made it so much better.

What I got annoyed with the most was her always questioning Christian. Yes of course I wanted answers too but sometimes I just wanted her to stop. She could see he was having a hard time and she just kept pushing.

He was scary as hell in some parts of the book. I had a hard time making the difference between Dom Christian and flat abuse. At the begining those first 2 spankings scared the shit out of me and it seemed more like abuse. Getting to see those things as 2 different things was hard for me.

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm

This is the most psychologically and emotionally disturbing and compelling story I have ever read. E.L. James has been criticized a lot for not being a really good writer, but I don't give a crap because she is a great story teller! And the things we have to work out for ourselves! This story was written to be discussed, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:20 pm

That is a very good point RC. I can see where you are coming from. If he scared me like he did in Ana's POV maybe I don't want to be in his head. smile

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Starbrites-----

star 50 star

The spankings nearly made me stop reading. I threw Outlander down for a long time because of a spanking. Feminist groups and blogs have eviscerated this story. That's one of the reasons I waited so long to read it. By the time I had finished the story the second time, I had revised my opinion a little...not changed it entirely. It is clear to me that while Christian needed to spank her for his own control reasons, his intent was to bring her pleasure while satisfying his need to punish. Ahem...that actually seemed to work out well even though Ana didn't understand her own sensual response at the time. Later....she actually liked it. That gets us back into some of the questions about Ana.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Starbrites--You see how great it was to have readerchic with me all the way through the book! She is right. I doubt any of us would want in Christian's head. Ana was confusing enough.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm

star 50 star

Oh & I actually didn't talk about them for a while after I read them. I didn't want to discuss them with some people b/c I have a very different opinion of BDSM than the ones I would've been discussing it with. FSOG did not make me want to read more BDSM. In fact it just confirmed that it's not something I ever want to read. Some of the people I talk books with are very defensive (and I'm talking about another group. Not anyone here). I'm not a fan of most erotica. Menages are a hard limit for me. roflmao (Sorry, I couldn't resist) And any BDSM more than what's in FSOG is a hard limit also. And it's almost as if they try to pressure me to read something I don't want to. They say things like "Oh, you just haven't read the right book/author yet" or something like that & then start recommending books. What they don't understand is that there is no right one for me. I just don't like it. I have tried reading a few different books with menage and/or BDSM & I never finished them. And then sometimes I feel like they think I'm judging them when I'm not judging them at all. I firmly believe that everyone should read (and write) what they want to without being judged by anyone. Anyway, sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes. But what I'm saying is that I didn't really have anyone to discuss the series with when I finished it. At least not with anyone that wouldn't try to shove their preferences down my throat. Because as soon as I said it didn't change my opinion of BDSM it would've turned into a big debate about it. And just to clarify....when I say "my opinion of BDSM" I mean that it's not for me. I don't mean anything negative against anyone who reads it or lives the "lifestyle."
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:46 pm

star 50 star

Also I think (I will say that a lot b/c it is just my opinion, after all) that some of the things we have questions about like the condoms in his room could possibly be an oversight by the author. An amateur mistake. If she had had an editor that would've been caught & probably fixed. Same with Ana's not eating much. I think the author just didn't follow through with that little story line. Maybe she intended to but got caught up in the rest of the story. Who knows? But I think an editor would've caught some of these things & either had her explain or remove them all together.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Readerchic-- I think everyone here understands that I am not a fan of BDSM. I had a fairly major meltdown! But, I will say to everyone that this book DID soften my opinion. For instance, I no longer think they should all be arrested! Yeah, RC, I said that! I think that 50 had more kinkery fuckery than the one BDSM book I read. So, I guess, while I probably won't go looking for BDSM, I won't shy away from a writer I like because there might be elements of BDSM in the story. I loved Christian, and he is a kinky dude. whipping "Fifty Shades Of Fucked Up. Ana".
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:57 pm

star 50 star

The spankings were hard for me too. Especially the one. God, I hated him right then. The other ones didn't bother me as bad. As I said I don't read BDSM but I referred to the other spankings as sensual spankings b/c clearly she kinda liked them. I think of the bad one as a turning point. It killed him when she left. I think he realized then that he was in a whole different situation than he has ever been in. I think too that hurting her didn't give him the "thrill" it did when he hurt the others.

On a funny note....My husband was in the playroom (No,not that kind of playroom. My son's playroom) & he sent me a text (I was in the living room) that said "bring me some tea." I sent one back that said "What?? Get your own tea." And he replied "I thought those books you read were supposed to make you want to be submissive." I replied "Ummm, no, they didn't." He was kidding of course.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm

star 50 star

Maybe. But I am sticking with my belief that Christian planned and wanted a real relationship from the beginning. He called Mrs. Jones and had her get condoms. And....he had them put in his bedroom, not the playroom or the sub bedroom. My idea is much more romantic. He told her once that he might have been in love with her from the beginning. But, he didn't have a clue how to start a relationship that wasn't arranged and contracted. He also told her late in the story, "A man can dream, Ana". In his own emotionally adolescent way he was trying to start something....more. heart heart
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:05 pm

star 50 star

I will say that I definitely understand it more now. I don't mind a little bit either. I have a few books (not erotic) with bondage, light spanking but it's not a D/s kinda thing. I don't like that scenario. I felt a lot like you did, shay2. I thought they should all burn in hell. Now that I've learned more about it I understand it but I still don't want to read any more. At least nothing heavier than FSOG. No pain, humiliation, D/s. Just light, kinda playful bondage stuff for me.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:09 pm

star 50 star

Oh, even though I am taking a more romantic view, I still think that he thought that given enough time and trust that Ana would fall right into his lifestyle. He didn't see any reason why she wouldn't. Every woman he had ever been with liked the pain aspect of the relationship, or at least tolerated it like a good submissive. Of course, they were also getting new cars and designer clothes and expensive jewelry, college educations and who knows what else. Hell, I might have let him beat the crap out of me to get some early loans paid off. Not without losing his gonads of course. But...there was Elena. How much of his desire to inflict pain was just a desire for pay back? She beat the shit out of him for six years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 Shades Trilogy   50 Shades Trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50 Shades Trilogy
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next