Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's all about Vamps

Go down 
+8
Barbara
showmethelove
sabby
Starbrites
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Oh. It's Throe, not Throen. Not so ironic, then.

I got mixed up with Theroen from The Blood That Bonds! Ugh. Such strange names, weird there would be two of them so similar.

star Reborn star

My poor family is on their own tonight. I just read the part in the OR, after No'One fed Tohr, and Tohr um....gave her a show.
OMG

Shay, I give you until tomorrow. LOL
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:06 pm

lucky thing Shay!! it is shaping up for a great book I am still quite early on in the book (that makes no sense, but.. you know what i mean!)
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Lover Reborn Ch.10 waaaaaaa!! lunch is over, Tohr just saw No'one swimming; cut his foot; Manny has been and gone.. and left Tohr and No'one alone.... I wanna read! I don't want to work Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Didn't make it that long..lol....Harper Fox was calling me.

Not a spoiler......Rhage has always been my favorite.......until now. Tohr! I am totally hooked!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:44 pm

I have always loved Tohr.. and I loved him and No'one in Lover Mine... fated to be together heart of course Rehv will always be my top pick ... step back from purple eyes Showme Wink and Z is next..but by sure double trouble Qhuay are gonna be a killer duo and a killer book!!!! roll on Saturday when we get to find out who the next book is.. well, I think it's Saturday we find out! yes, I am a bit giddy!! Home time NOW and read time SOON wine
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 am

spoilers Lover Reborn spoilers

I'm so convinced it's going to be a Layla and Xcor match-up! Someone show this to me when I'm proven wrong. Please. LOL
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:03 am

I'm pretty eager to find out which book is next, too. I'm hoping for some Qhuay, but I'd be happy with anyone if the book is as good as this one.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 am

Is Mhurder in the book at all? Yeah, I think Xcor is the one too. I was sure it was going to be M, but he would have to be in the actual book. I guess.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 am

I'm convinced the next book is Throe's, but I'm holding out hope for Qhuay.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 am

star Lover Reborn star

I'm with you, Fae. They are already fascinated with each other. Layla is going to be mated with Xcor if Tohr doesn't kill him. Xcor is gonna have some splainin to do... I want, want, want Quinn and Blay to be the next book! Quinn needs to be a Brother, too. Maybe Saxton can work that out? Will he? I think he might actually be in love with Blay.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 am

Finished and I loved it!

star Lover Reborn star

I need to say right off that I thought Lassiter stole the show. I love that Angel! Tohr really broke my heart in this book and in more ways then one. Him not being able to accept that Wellsie is gone just killed but I got pissed at him a few times too. 2 different times when he went off on Autumn I got so mad. I know the man was hurt but geeze he was just an ass. In the end I was glad with the outcome for him and Autumn but I almost had a freakin heart attack when she was sent to the damn Fade. That moment I was already crying and then to have her taken I freaked out. I jumped off the couch yelling BULLSHIT! smile Lassiter though, him giving up everything for them was awesome. I can't for him to get his book. I would even be ok if he got his book before Blay and Qhuinn but if it's anyone else i'll be pissed.

The Blay and Qhuinn moment right at the end of the book was awesome. I'm thinking that would be a great way to start there book. Hopefully there's will be next.

Xcor~I dislike most everything about him and wish for him to be stabbed to death but his last part in the book kinda got to me. He new Layla told the BDB where the BoB lived and he still only cared that she was safe and that the BDB didn't hurt her for helping the emeny. Maybe he can redeem himself. Like him not trying to kill Wrath would go a long way.

Layla and Qhuinn sleeping together didn't bother me as bad as I thought it would. I guess I could see how lonely and sad they both were and them just wanting to have something. It's not a very good reason but at the same time I didn't fault them. I loved when Qhuinn blurted out that he loved Blay but John Matthew thought it was towards him and Qhuinn let him think it. lol

Beth suggesting Qhuinn being a Brother was a great idea and I hope that goes threw.

I do think Layla and Xcor are going to end up together though and I wonder if throe will challenge it or whatever it's called cause you know he wanted Layla too.

Rhage was awesome with his dancing. We really need to see more of him. He's been in the background for to long now.

X and JM bugged the hell out of me. I don't really know why but they did. I think just cause there fighting was so unnecessary. I know, I know it was probably vital to the story but it just bugged me.

Ok, well I think that is pretty much on my thoughts for now.

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 pm

sb--Great post! You pretty much covered it all. Yep...^what she said^
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah, that sums it up well.

spoilers

I don't dislike Xcor at all. He was so fucked up by the Bloodletter and is in the midst of a massive disillusionment and paradigm shift. All the changes to make Qhuinn a brother will also affect all the Bastards, so I'm thinking "plot string!" But he is a serious shithead right now.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah......Fae....that, too. Isn't the Bloodletter V and Payne's father?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Yes, and in the last book he started out thinking he was a son of the Bloodletter and was going to ahvenge his death and kill Payne only to be told the only kids the guy had were Payne and V. I'm really stymied as to why the Bloodletter would do that. It's like he adopted the poor kid but nothing that guy ever did was nice so I'm thinking we'll hear more about it later.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 am

I love the fixation of getting cell phones!! It is making me laugh, true smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am

Z is my favorite followed by a close second of Rhage. That being said, I do like this book becasue it is so much more than a love story between Tohr and No'One and some of the prior romances are so wonderful...more like real life. No bonded and now everything is perfect. I would like to see again into Z's life more though.

star Lover Reborn - Autumn star
OK so loved her naming like claiming at the very end of the section.
Liked how Xhex and No'One are in the same place and bonded with each other over that. No'one needs someone other than Tohr. I think John may recah out to Tohr and vice versa in tha same section and figure out together their shellans.
I thought Xcor's father was also the Bloodletter? which would make him half brother with V and Payne, right?
I thought that Throe's sister was gonna be No'One but they didn't recognize each other so that was a big fat NO.
I can totally see the next book as Throe and Layla.
I wonder who the angel is gonna fall for. I am assuming we will know something about his fate by the end of the book because otherwise...like he said....why would he still be there?
Where is the Scribe Virgin in this one. Usually she interferes or something by now.
So much is going on in this one. So many plots. I think we all like this one because there are virtually no lesser POVs at all! Maybe with Lash gone for now, she abandoned that from all the criticism or maybe with all the Band of Bastards stuff there was no need in this one.
yes, the cell phones were funny. So sad to see him shred himself and I do feel for XCor and his mutilation and how all the women shy away. I want him to have a shellan. Maybe Wrath has an unknown blind sister? or a girl who also has low self esteem who will love him.
It would make sense for Layla with XCor but Throe is so enamored with her I think it is gonna be LayThroe or ThroeLa.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 am

star Lover Reborn - ENDING star

I'm exhausted. Drinking coffee by the bucket, because I could not put this book down last night.

This wasn't just a book, it was an experience. I'd forgotten how Ward can do that!

I really thought the next book might be Throe and Layla....but now I see what you guys are saying about Xcor and Layla. Like Starbrites mentioned, maybe there will be a cohntest?

Also, the BoB are just now realizing how incredibly outgunned they are against the Brotherhood. They are either going to have step up their political game, change to guirella (how in the hell do you spell that?) tactics, or give up. I can't wait to see where this plot goes. Of course, if Wrath is able to change the law so that membership into the Brotherhood is based on merit, then the Bastards will have lost their cause - no more reason for a separate rogue group of their own. It opens up so many possibilities, for more than just Qhuinn.

I sooo want to see Qhuinn inducted to the Brotherhood. Then I want Blay to congratulate him. I want Blay to congratulate the hell out of him!

Not that I missed Payne, but wasn't she No'One's friend on the Other Side? I'm surprised she wasn't there more for her. I'm glad Autumn and Xhex were able to bond, though, so it's all good. I wonder what's going on with the Scribe Virgin too. And Murdher. And who is this Assail dude - I'm intrigued.

One thing bugged me during this book though, and unfortunately it's the basic concept of the whole thing - the idea that Tohr had to move on to save Wellsie. It's like telling somebody walking a tightrope not to look down. I never fully bought the urgency of Tohr needing to fall in love again, because it seemed so....wrong. I would have totally bought into the urgency to have the fade ceremony, and still don't understand why Tohr didn't think to do that right away. Why why why was the conclusion made that Tohr needed to get laid to help her move on, instead of holding Wellsie's fade ceremony? You know, to help her move on to the fade. Duh.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:47 am

spoilers LR spoilers

I refused to think about the fact Lassiter and Tohr assumed moving on was all about sex. Yes, guys are dumb but I found that to be especially dumb.

I'm torn between hoping Layla and Xcor are next or Qhuay. And yes, I think it will be a cohntest between Throe and Xcor. But Layla won't be very happy with Throe, at all given that she now thinks of him as dishonorable. Also, this could be drawn out over another book so she has time to have the kid then has her very own little bastard child for Xcor to want to give a home to. Although it will be interesting to see Qhuinn and Xcor fight over that. Ha!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 am

star Reborn star

Remember Darius and John Matthew? Tohr and Wellsie's baby? Maybe? That kept going through my mind.....an innocent. "Reborn"......many potential meanings.....maybe, maybe! Why else would Lassiter have been sent back? Tohr and Autumn didn't do it during her needing and Lassiter was furious.....stormed away. I think that part of Lassiter's job was to have a way for Tohr's son to be reborn. That is why Tohr HAD to have sex with Autumn.......start the bonding process, which I don't think has happened yet. There was no mention of Tohr's bonding scent, was there?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:02 am

spoilers LR spoilers

No, nothing was said of the bonding scent, but he did think of mating ceremony and "his female."

I completely disagree on the rebirth of the child thing. I think the "Reborn" was only for Tohr and Autumn themselves. They had to give up the grief and move on. Both of them were stuck on the relationship they had with their only previous sexual partner.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 am

star Reborn star

You may be right, Fae. But, it just seems a little strange that Lassiter was so upset because Tohr didn't service Autumn during her needing. Maybe it would only work while the baby was still in the "In Between"? Quinn and Layla did, though. Hmmmmm.......Oh, well. I am probably way off track. It has just stuck in my head that Lassiter is a sort of guardian/guide......what has he volunteered for?

Quinn and Layla's baby will be a bastard! Fae, I hadn't thought of that! If Quinn is made a Brother, will that change? Or does he have to actually mate with Layla? OMG....so many story lines left open! Dopple is right. This book was a total adventure.

Saxton has just become way more important. He knows the Old Laws better than anyone. Go Saxton!

Okay....so many social issues. Women's rights. Gay rights. Handicapped rights. New social order working itself out. Bastard rights.....I have no clue what "rights" that would be, but it will have an impact on marital status of parents and the automatic social status of those born in wedlock vs those born outside of wedlock. Sheesh.....lots of stuff happening.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

spoilers LR spoilers

Is Layla now a "fallen" Chosen? What makes them fall? Certainly being in love with a bastard doesn't help, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am

star Reborn star

I thought Lassiter was more upset about Tohr's horrible freak-out after Autumn's needing than anything else. I nearly cheered when Lassiter cold-cocked him.

I thought a fallen Chosen was one who mated with a single male and gave up her life of service to the Brotherhood. Looks like Layla has done that....in a way. I wonder how much pressure will be put on Qhuinn to make an honest vamp out of Layla now? Ooooh, maybe there will be a cohntest between Qhuinn and Xcor.

I'm thinking of all the potential legal issues too, Shay. Qhuinn alone is going to keep Saxton busy full-time for a while. Brotherhood eligibility, parental rights, marital issues, gay rights, hoooo boy Qhuinn is right in the middle of it all.

I read some reviews that were angry (pissed!) at the idea of Qhuinn and Layla having a young together. I'm kinda excited by it. It opens up so many possibilities for Qhuinn, and the drama is going to be delicious.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 am

spoilers LR spoilers

We saw the young thing coming from last year. WTF? Oh well, everyone is a critic.

I agree Lassiter was upset about the things Tohr said. That's why he commented they were all stuck in the In Between as he ripped that female's heart out. I was also happy Lassiter punched him.

True, the cohntest could be between Xcor and Qhuinn. Poor Layla, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all about Vamps
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: