Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's all about Vamps

Go down 
+8
Barbara
showmethelove
sabby
Starbrites
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

It's all about Vamps Empty
PostSubject: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

vampy It's All About The Vampires !!! vampy

heart This thread is a place to chat about all our delicious UF/PR Vamps heart

Because of the growing popularity of this genre, it 's just to hard to keep up with every author's individual threads. So to simplfy things, we can discuss whatever and whomever here !!! yap-yap

On special occassions like new book release day and author chats, then we'll bring back their individual threads which are currently archived. excited

G-P, Fae, showme, Dopp and Swede FLF
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Anyone else about to start the new Lara Adrian?
vampy
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:38 am

Oh man, I forgot about that one. It's Harvard's book. He has to redeem himself quite a bit. And get his ass out of jail before he catches fire.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:49 am

OMG--I need this book. Kate Sherwood has been wringing me out. Not that Harvard will be a light read, but gosh....after Dark Horse everything seems light.

ETA: Already on my Kindle! twirling Can't start right now, but today for sure! Love those pre-orders. I just got so into Kate that I FORGOT!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:36 am

star Darker After Midnight star

This book was fantastic! I think this is maybe the best of the Midnight Breed series. The series could end right here and it would be okay. A lot of resolution. But.....but....there are so many ways Lara Adrian could continue this series or start some side books, but the direction might be jus a bit different. I LOVED THIS BOOK!! heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am

I stopped readin this series after the two main characters finally hooked up. Can't remember if that was like book 4 or so.
I liked the series but then I read JF Cat & Bones and well I never went back. Lol
Maybe I might need to rectify this smile
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am

i really love this series, and this book might put a wrap on the main part of the story. But she left so many possibilities for more stories with a slightly different focus. I will be tracking this for a long time. I love, love, love her world.

The Breed gets outed to the humans in this book with mixed results. Don't want to say too much in case someone pops in who is still reading the series. This is one of the really good "worlds" that stays true to itself. Not going to over play the series, but it ranks right behind BDB and Cat and Bones for me. Fairly long series for me to have stay hooked so long. I get bored or disappointed fairly often with the longer series. Not this one, though. If she ontinues, and she could stop right now and be okay, but if she continues this could get even better. Several openings.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:58 am

I heard that Darker Aftet Midnight is the last Midnight Breed book, but Adrian is working on a spinoff. (?).

I'm only 20% in, and it is good. I can tell it's a series wrap-up though, which is a little sad. The Chistmas tree scene especially screams 'series conclusion'.
I do think Dragos has gotten over the top. Every time Lucan or Rowan say something cliche, like "this has Dragos written all over it", I expect to see Dragos twisting a handlebar mustache while organ music plays and somebody holds up a sign telling me to boo and hiss.
I have no idea what Tavia's breedmate gift is yet! Trying to guess....the ability to predict events in her dreams? It seems so incredibly unlikely that she'll pair up with Chase. I'm curious to see how that happens.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Ohhhhh....ohhhhhh....you're reading it! Yeah. All that! Feeling like your in the middle of an old fashion melodrama? I get that vibe from the series a lot, but I don't mind. I think you will be surprised at a few things. The spin-offs could be even better than the series...! Many possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 pm

I did NOT see that "breedmate gift" coming. Wow. Shocka! I wonder if that's where the spinoff is going, to focus on the (ahem) new stuff.

I'm pissed off at Chase though! Even though there has been some progression between Tavia and Chase and I can see the connection that's going to bring them together, I don't see how Tavia could ever forgive him for that first encounter. Chase is a jerk! Mad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 am

I think one new direction will be Tavia looking for the rest of the GenOne females. The other might be following Jenna's dreams to find the Atlanteans. The women are having a huge roll in saving the Breed. From all the babies to the GenOnes. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Finished after some marathon reading. cheers

So Chase suddenly became not-a-jerk. Being a romance novel and all, I kinda saw that coming. Wink Still, it was too easy. Tavia should have given him at least a little grief. He deserved it!

This book started slowly, but the near-apocalyptic craziness at the end more than makes up for that. Things tied up really well, like Adrian had this ending planned from the very start of the series. Well done! I don't mind the end of the series when done neatly like this.

I always felt like the lack of a Breedmate origin explanation was a big fat gaping hole in this series, and Adrian did a good job plugging it in Darker After Midnight. It ties neatly into what I think will be the focus of her spinoff. I'm looking forward to that first book, melodrama and all. heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Me too. It is just possible that all the world mythology is going to make the spin offs even better!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Forever Freed by Laura Kaye I was surprised by how good this book turned out. I am really liking Laura Kaye. Her writing is pretty good. Out of the 3 books I've read though I think Hearts in Darkness is my Fave so far.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

UM Okay not sure if I should post this here but since Lara Adrian was just mentioned figures it makes sense. So after "pushing" Dopple to continue to take on one of my favorite series with my most beloved character Harry; I've been inspired to try one of the series I've been avoiding simply because how many books are already out.... but not sure which one to pick. Please help scratch so there's Lara Adrian, Kresley Cole, Keri Arthur, Sherrilyn Kenyon or Nalini Singh??? Which do y'all recommend? secret FLF
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 pm

I've only read Keri Arthur and Nalini Singh angel books. Loved KA Riley Jenson series. A long series but so worth it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 am

I can't comment on Keyon as I've not read them, but the others are all great. If you start with Singh you can read the Guild Hunter books, there are only 4 of those. The Cole are pretty funny. There is a laugh out loud moment in all the books. The Lara Adrian can tend toward cheesy and melodramatic but I read them anyway, by book 3 the intrigue makes up for any sap you may have to wallow through. The Keri Arthur ones are pretty cool with smelly vampires and laser guns. If you do read Singh's Psy/Changeling series you can consider yourself lucky you don't have to wait for Hawke's book. OMG that wait sucked. And like any series some books in all these series are better than others.

If any of that helped. LOL
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

sabby wrote:
I've been inspired to try one of the series I've been avoiding simply because how many books are already out.... but not sure which one to pick. Please help scratch so there's Lara Adrian, Kresley Cole, Keri Arthur, Sherrilyn Kenyon or Nalini Singh??? Which do y'all recommend? secret FLF

This is as tough as Fae's polls!
Lara Adrian's books start out very similar to Ward's BDB. They do tend to be melodramatic, but they are also very sexy. The series just concluded, so you'll be able to get it all start to finish. No waiting for the next installment!
Kresley Cole - I've only read the first couple of hers and they are delightfully campy and fun. I'm slowly picking my way through them.
I LOVE Nalini Singh's Archangel books: intricate world-building and page-turning suspense. I had a blast with theorizing my way through those, even if I did guess everything wrong.
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is one of my favorites. Sexy, funny, and a little pervy. It is a long series with lots of characters and types of supes to keep track of, though. The series is not consistent, some of the books are better than others. But until book 20 the series as a whole is wonderful. It all turns to poo at book 20, but hey, 19 books is a good run.
I haven't read Keri Arthur. Yet.

If I had to choose for you, I'd say go for Nalini Singh, because I want to read your posts as you go! But really, you can't go wrong with any of them.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

CRappola!!! U guys I dont know if that helped or not because u make them all sound good!!!! confused Uuum but ok SK is the longest so I'll cross her off and LA seems to be just ok I guess pass for now and KA am interested but dont have any of the books yet. For KC I have the first like 7 so good to go (thanks to Patty!) um and I've always been real intrigued by NS both series..... and I have the first PsyChangeling... thinking so that might be a go cheers

Dopple I thought u just read the first KC and didnt particularly like it did u read any others? I think

Granted I still have to get thru my STD and the last Darynda Jones and who knows what else i come up with but I at least have a plan!! writing carry on
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 pm

OMG! I got Kressley Cole mixed up with Kerrilyn Sparks! confused
So just ignore everything I posted earlier about Cole. I've only read the prequel novella and it was good enough to finish, but didn't exactly leave me excited about the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I like the Kressley Coles series. Like a lot of series, some books are really good, others just okay.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

I love Nalini Singh! I vote her. I've read SK's Dark Hunter series. It's like Dopple said, hit and miss. Some of them are really good but I've quit the series. Almost everyone loves Keri Arthur. I won't ever reread that series. Riley was soooooooo annoying!

I've never read KC but want to. I was introduced to one of her characters in LOTU and found her interesting enough to want to read that series.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 am

I am so excited about Tohr's book..... vampy
I can feel it in my whaters - it's gonna be a ghood one twirling
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 am

Got it ... Started it.... Remember to use Spoiler Stars!! twirling
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 am

Got delivered along with the next in the Love at First Stake series....decisions decisions....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all about Vamps
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: