SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:50 pm

A reread of Mercy Blade at least would be good before Raven Cursed. It's a very information dense series and actions and situations from Mercy Blade are referenced frequently.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm

I agree, I wish I had reread Mercy Blade before jumping in to RC. I suggest reading the Rick shorts in Cat Tales, too.

I'm still picking away at Bloodring. It's very detailed, and a bit difficult for me to follow. I'm probably distracted by all the holiday hoopla though!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:28 pm

I have finished Bloodring, loved it. I found it easier to follow than Skin walker series when I first started that. Onto second book now. Might get the series done by the time RC comes out.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:42 am

Hahahahahahahaha chickens!!!!!!!! 10
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:45 am

And Guineas!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:04 am

I finished Bloodring! It was really good, but I have a question...

star in my Robitussin induced reading fury session, I could have sworn there was a something about a ship at the end? Was the amethyst a person? I don't get it. star
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:02 pm

star Rogue Mage star

It's not just you. When the 'wheels' were mentioned and the ship came out I got hopelessly confused. I kept thinking there would ne an explanation in those long passages of scripture, so I tortured myself by reading those a couple times. I still don't get it. A biblical prophesied ship with a navigation cone made out of amethyst that shoots demon-killing ammo, has wheels with 4 faces and belongs to a being of light (who also has 4 faces) and uses a landing strip the size of a football field also made from amethyst but it's filled with eyes. Did I really just read that?

I enjoyed the book up until that point....not sure I'll continue on with the series. Are the next two books less confusing?

Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 pm

The following books explain more about it, still a wee bit confusing but it all comes together kinda.
I'm on Host which is answering a lot of questions. I am enjoying the series. Lots to take in, might have to give a second time round to pick up up on what was missed.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
star Rogue Mage star

It's not just you. When the 'wheels' were mentioned and the ship came out I got hopelessly confused. I kept thinking there would ne an explanation in those long passages of scripture, so I tortured myself by reading those a couple times. I still don't get it. A biblical prophesied ship with a navigation cone made out of amethyst that shoots demon-killing ammo, has wheels with 4 faces and belongs to a being of light (who also has 4 faces) and uses a landing strip the size of a football field also made from amethyst but it's filled with eyes. Did I really just read that?

I enjoyed the book up until that point....not sure I'll continue on with the series. Are the next two books less confusing?

That was my thought exactly. I was blaming it on the Robitussin though!! Wink I might come back and read that last 25% again before I start the next book though. Basically from where she left to the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES   

Back to top Go down

THE ROGUE MAGE SERIES
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2