Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BDSM

Go down 
+5
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
sabby
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:46 am

I haven't got to the point of thinking it's healthy! Still wondering if their restrains should be in a psych ward! Not judging, just projecting.. I am thinking......Peter?

ETA: okay. I am beginning to get it. Roger, at least, doesn't need psych ward restraints. He isn't crazy and he is a really good man. I like him a lot.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 pm

smile he is a very good, loving man. It is a strange world but this book made it believable to me, as a relationship with mutual respect. Before I thought the sub was just the used and abused, but here you see how much they are in fact loved and admired by the Dom that isn't merely a bullying b@stard!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Can't wait for your take on Duck!
Back to top Go down
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Finished. Okay. You guys know I will say what I think. While I didn't hate it, I found this story far too disturbing to like. Oh...I was right...it was Peter. Anyway, I looked up some things. BDSM is illegal in the US. The law considers that any form of restraint is kidnapping. The law considers that any form of penetration while kidnapped is aggravated rape. The law considers that any form of whipping, striking, pinching, punching or beating while restrained is aggravated assault. In it's strictest interpretation, even being bound with scarves while having sex is kidnapping and aggravated rape. Now, these crimes are seldom prosecuted because even prosecutors recognize that sometimes it is consensual. The law will most likely not be changed because of the difficulty in distinguishing when rape or assault has actually been committed and when there was consent. The fact that this is seldom prosecuted is named as the number one reason why marital rape is still a misdemeanor crime in most states including Texas. The clubs are mostly, but not exclusively, on the east and west coasts. The southern states and the middle states will shut them down and prosecute when possible. Most "clubs" in those states are in private homes. There is very little chance of keeping a job if a practitioner becomes known, and no defense has been effective. Any club, in private home or public building, is still illegal and are kept very secret and very private.

Question....Is it appropriate to have books about this illegal practice on our forum?
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 pm

well, Shay my answer to that is... these books are bought on legal book sites; nobody forces people to read them - and nobody forces people to visit this thread. A lot of us read these books; so my answer is YES it does have a place here. Bondage happpens in lots of books - in some ways Bones and Cat had a pretty rough session in that infamous chapter - so where exactly would you propose to draw the line?
Back to top Go down
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 pm

NO! NO, no! Just asking a question. I don't want to draw any lines. Just pointing out that the practice is illegal. So is smoking pot but it's in a lot of books. Like I said, it is seldom prosecuted even though it is illegal. I found the story interesting but I won't go any further down this road I liked Roger but thought the other practitioners were just........well ...I am back to needing the image of a psych ward.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:29 pm

well when the question is asked it implies that you are wondering the point. So I answered smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:31 pm

There are a lot of books that people do bad things. These books are primarily about a couple who enjoy the bdsm scene. Sodomy is illegal in some states and we sure read about that. If your mind jumps to rape don't read it. I can understand the turn on of some of the things we read about. Others I would never try but don't mind reading about. I don't understand why this is a problem. Nobody would be prosecuted for tying up and fucking a willing lover. It's not my place to judge what gets another person off if they are with a willing participant.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Very true about sodomy, Whit. Also, many of the things we have read about over the years are illegal. Even Sookie commits murder. I frequently read things I would NEVER condone in real life. That's what makes is a fantastic and safe way to engage in topics that are frightening or difficult to comprehend. We don't have to experience it, just read it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 pm

And what about Jane and Vishous? She raped him by legal standards. Are we going to not read that because it's an illegal act?
Back to top Go down
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Okay. I won't say any more about it. If you like it, read away. Lord knows not everyone likes the same books I like. But there is a difference because of the club atmosphere and the public viewings. Like the gladiators of Rome. The metaphors of whips and chains and masks? Nothing like what two willing partners do in the privacy of their homes. Pain and humiliation as spectator sport?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:38 pm

I have a client that we insure who want us to notarized so papers that if he or his BDSM partner should suffer any injuries do their sexual tastes that it will not be held legally against either one. It was very weird because we never even saw that one coming from this person.

We of course could not honor his request because of our office, company, and the State would not allow who approved the license for the notary.

This has no point really but I guess it's just you never know whom is into this type of sexual lifestyle. Is BDSM considered a lifestyle? I don't want to insult not using the correct term to describe this. smile
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Yes people do live that lifestyle. For reals. And it fascinates me. Re watching it - for people with that kink, I guess it is just like voyeurism. Reading subsequent books where a Dom taught his sub how to connect that pain with the pleasure; or more to compound that link that was already there - was interesting to say the least. I personally don't "get" it - I have a very low pain threshold but in Duck! and Geography of Murder I read 2 of the most compelling love stories I have ever read.
Some het bodice ripper stories have very fuzzy edges regarding rape and consent.
Back to top Go down
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Okay. Last word from me on this subject. You have all made some very good points. I will desist.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:00 pm

A virgin gets kidnapped by a Pirate/Highlander/Indian Chief, he rapes her until he loves her, then they get married.
Back to top Go down
2shay

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm

I already conceded, Fae.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 pm

it's all good Shay smile we will always agree on Josh.... even though Jake was a bad boy who I would have loved to see all leathered up !
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:05 pm

If someone is going to a sex club, I'm thinking they are there to enjoy it. Some people like to be spanked, tied up, watch, be watched and to D/s.

I don't read certain books because of the rapes.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. It was a joke from a book that I find stupidly hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm

and honestly Andy and Whit.. how much would you pay for a Jake scene with Adrien?
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

why is that quote familiar? is it from Kit and JX ? when he and his agent are chatting about certain writing ideas?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

With the Christmas presents? Yeah, I'd buy that!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

The "rapes her until she loves him" is from Jane True.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I'd pay way too much smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

BDSM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BDSM   BDSM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes!! I knew it sounded familiar.. the raping and pillaging Wink