BDSM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:29 pm

This conversation fascinates me!

I simply can not get into the BDSM genre. I don't mind reading BDSM when it's just a little added kink, but the BDSM-as-a-lifestyle stuff is beyond my ability to comprehend. I end up hating the dom, and wishing someone would rescue the sub.

I read Duck!, said my safety word, and left the genre. LOL

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Maybe you don't like the D/s thing but wouldn't mind the spanking. Wink I haven't read anything too much for me yet but I know I'll find it eventually smile Like those people who pay chicks to stomp on their balls with heels! OUCH!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Ya, I think it's the power-play stuff that bugs me more than the actual kinky playtime.
Although pain = unsexy, so that has limits too!

I had to read through a lot of kink to learn where my limits are. Important research!
Doppleganger

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I am starting The Cowboy Poet, by Clare Thompson ..... Right now!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

A while back I read a book called Generational Sins by Samantha Blair. The book was recommended to me by a friend and I was not sure I could read it but it turned out to be one of the most complex,Deep and Emotional books I think I have ever read. It was an eye opening read. Total 5 Star all the way. I know one thing for sure this book is not for someone who cannot handle BDSM because the whole thing revolves around it. I really am awful at explaining books but this is not a supernatural book. If I had to guess it was almost like a true story.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

StillSwede wrote:
I am starting The Cowboy Poet, by Clare Thompson ..... Right now!

I have wanted to read that book for a long time. You have to let me know how it is.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm

I will! But.... That naughty Showme has pushed me off course... Onto the Island lol
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 am

Goldilocks and his Three Bears was good. I read that last night. I'll eventually get to the second book.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah I haven't come across any scenes that are "too much" as of yet; certainly scenes that are not my cup of tea but each to his/her own. I think I like more the variety of BDSM rather than the strict rules/roles of the D-S relationship. Being a Switch by nature I dont understand wanting to be restricted to one or the other role. Rolling Eyes
And yes excessive pain=unsexy, but..... I think its just more the rush, the adrenaline that becomes the high of the unknown what sensation is coming next that attracts people (like showme said just a lil spankin) Wink . And of course the power dynamic of giving up control or taking over another's but it only works with someone u trust.

hhhhmmm Goldilocks and his three bears.....huh sounds like that situation could get Hairy!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm

well put Sabby.. I think that in some ways it is actually the sub that holds all the cards - if the Dom is a nice guy - as so many of them are in these books; then the balance of play is a beautiful thing smile

I have started The Island at the "pimpage" of Whit.. and this is a step into a whole new level for me. A boy toy is being totally abused and brutalised on this island by a mobster; enter Shaw who wants to sell a stolen painting - and whilst on the Island he is given the boy toy, Lee. Of course Shaw is not a rapist, but has to be seen to play along or his deal will not go through....

I am 25 % in and it is tough to read; but also just soooo compellng. It is building up to be an amazing reading journey.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 am

@Starbrites... I read Cowboy Poet not overly impressed with it - you know when you just don't connect, at all, with the main protags. The story itself was quite interesting in that it really tackled the difference between a Dom that loves and respects his sub, and a bully who just uses D/s as an excuse to be an abusive bastard !

I finished The Island and THAT was an amazing story. The love story was so believable, even those awful circumstances. None of the abuse takes place on page, thank God! And the HEA is there... A requirement, right? And it was beautiful smile on the plus side - my throat tightened, my guts churned, and my eyes may have stung... But no tears were actually shed!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm

The Island is on my TBR list.

Damn, The reviews for the Cowboy Poet were pretty good too but I'll take your review and wait a while before I think about getting it.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 pm

So uuummm showme, Swede any fictionwise codes in those magic bags of yours???? I need my fix I'm going crazy here!!!! Twisted Evil Bored I mean its not like I have anything else to read!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm

I know right!! I have a list... Ready to go!! But no codes that I know of
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:58 pm

star Special Forces - Soldiers star woah!! Only about 25 pages in... Vanya is dead. But I am wondering how Vadim is ever going to turn this round, I hate him!! Far. Out. Poor Dan. Gonna do some more cooking and come back to it.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

I have it ready to start but I'm scared!!!! Special Forces it\'s so horrible
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm

We are on the lookout for codes this week Sabby.

I finished the Island. It was great but a very hard read.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 pm

star Special Forces - Soldiers star this is tough reading, but I am sucked in. I am about 15% in Dan has Vadim strung up. You can tell it is a freebie - sometimes I have to go back and reread, it doesn't seem to flow as in a fully polished and edited book, and yet that rawness fits it well. The Sasha and Katya and your son, my son had me scratching my head scratch

And now Vadim has pushed him down the well. Waugh!!!!

Not sure I can ever forgive Vadim for Nothing. But. When Dan called him a faggot as he helped him pee, and you get a mini mind flash of Vadim's I did think Aaaw Sad but how the heck can he think that Nothing was the best fu@k he had ever had???

Finished Ch3... Oh my god. The massage, and then the shaving!! And I laughed out loud when Dan ended up virtually on top of Vadim after being so happy he has escaped!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 am

The grammar is quite horrible in some spots and you just have decide on what you believe it should mean. But the gritty aspect of it fits the situations.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 am

star Special Forces star

I only got to page 50 before I passed out. The Nothing wasn't as bad as the previous one I read about IMO. I like how violent they are. Vadim is a fascinating character. I don't know much about Dan except he's really angry and rightfully so.

What was the deal with Sascha? Was he a lover that joined Vadim and his wife one night and stayed. THen fell in love with Vadim's wife? I got a little confused. Does it explain it more later?

It is kind of a slow read because of the gaps in paragraphs, numbers, and grammer but it's good.
Just 550 pages to go coffee
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 am

Yes, Sascha was shared by Vadim and his wife and fell in love with her. More does get explained later.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 pm

yeah, I was scratching my head with Sasha - but more and more comes out. And I am starting..slowly to thaw re Vadim.

star SF up to CH4 star they seem to have hit an impasse .... does the back-art really compare to Nothing? I suppose at least the Nothing is an internal thing - whereas the carving is there for anyone to see... but I wish it had only been Vanya that did Nothing. God when he asked him why? and actually used the word - my heart stopped! and he says he wanted him; and then later admits he would do it again, but differently - simple, not wanted...but still want. POWERFUL @#!*% !!! star

I wish I didnt have people coming round tonight - it isn't the kind of book you can read a quick chapter in
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 pm

These books are intense to say the least. There is so much I want to blab!

spoilers SF spoilers

I think taking revenge hurt Dan more than the actual torture hurt Vadim. I think Dan didn't like what he found in himself when push came to shove.

Other than that I can't comment. Shit.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:00 pm

star SF star yeah the way he honed in on the word soldier and then was able to pull back from the abyss. And Vadim just knows he wouldn't have. At first I was wondering if Dan was in fact gay, then just the way eyed V's arse and he thinks something about nobody knowing - just made me think he has had feelings that went that way even if he has never acted on them before. Sad thing is Dan will, I guess, ultimately be the one that faces that scar - V won't get to see his own back often no idea
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Damn! I'm REALLY trying to resist reading what's under those twirling stars!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BDSM   

Back to top Go down

BDSM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: