Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions for Faith

Go down 
+15
L.Blanchard
hmashburn
MHaskell
throy567
sabby
b4v
2shay
uapeople
showmethelove
Doppleganger
kimba
Dragonlady
Faith Hunter
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:46 pm

hmashburn wrote:
Okay, I got tired of reading something that wasn't a book, sorry!! Anyway, I have a question for Faith. What I would like to know is when Jane is finally going to remember her past. I understand she took Beast over to save herself, but now that she's back, and has been for a while, how long will she stall on learning about her past and unlocking her memories? I am very interested to see what she might discover, and now that Rick is a cat he could help her, assuming they stay together. Also, has he told his job what he has become? Will he still have a job to return to? Thanks!! bounce

Hi Hmash. Jaen wil never remember her full past. She was too young and spent too many decades in Beast form. Rick has not made a decision about his job, and it depends on what happens in the rest of the full moon! (Pssst. Which is what we learn in the short story.) 🐒
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithhunter.net
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 pm

uapeople wrote:
showmethelove wrote:
Can Uapeople put together a house roster for us? :D
OOH boy- on the next read...which may be a while. Wink

I have a house roster. Be a bit patient and I'll clean it up and post it.
Faith
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I really apologize for those that could not make this past week's chats with Faith. The times were chosen based on the availability of Faith's schedule.
I hate that with the time difference, some could not make it an will try for the next time to accommodate you guys more Sad

Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 am

2shay wrote:
Greencat--I have asked Faith if she will do a chat that will allow more international participation. On her fb page. Haven't seen a response.

I never saw the post!
Yes, we can work it out. What hours would work for the intl readers?
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:42 am

To give an idea of timezone, the chats started at noon my time (Queensland, Australia), which would have been 1pm Swede's time (because of daylight savings. When it ends, she'll be in the same timezone as me). Greencat is 3hrs ahead in New Zealand, so chat was at 4pm her time. UK is an hour (and a day behind) her, so it would have been 3pm there. And, of course, us in Australia and New Zealand are a day ahead of US and UK.

Hope that helps smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:45 am

Faith--Something has been sort of worrying at the back of my brain for a while. I know you can't speak for every writer out there, so this is just about you. As a devoted reader, I wonder if you, as a talented writer, can just sit down with a good book and read for the sheer delight of being caught in someone else's world for a little while? I don't know if it is even possible for a professional writer to not look at construction and style, content, continuity and organization when reading someone else's work. I hope you can. Reading is such a huge part of my life, it worries me a bit....not losing sleep over it, understand...that our most talented writers might lose some of the magic of letting yourself just fall into the story. Not a particularlly profound question. I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:05 am

I think that is a great question. I don;t mean to answer because you asked Faith (and I;m not an author) but I can't resist. I would guess that it depends of the author and how anal retentive or competitive they are...but I can say as I read more and more I do get more critical on some writers...like I notice bad grammar, typos, inconsistency...and the worst pet peeve..when they repeat the same thing over and over (and not at the beginning of a new book to bring readers up to speed). For instance if every sex scene happens the same way or even with the same words/wording or if all their books seem to follow in the same 1 + 2 = 3 formula, just different circumstances. Hate that. I don't think I can read sheath and not cringe for a while.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 am

uap--I hear you. Burgeoning being the single word that turned me off of contemporary romance. Soooo over used.

But, books are magic to me. I am in virtual awe of a writer that can throw me into their world and keep me there, completely in their thrall. I think all writers know how to "green eye" their readers. At least, the great ones do. Faith does. I am totally in Jane's world when I am in Faith's books. I think it would be a great loss for anyone with a writer's command of words to lose that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

We have found that weekends work best Faith - sad but true! Sat afternoon is Sat evening in the UK and Sunday morning in the 'lands' down under - but I know it is cheeky asking authors to give up weekend time :oops:
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 pm

His burgeoning flesh entered my silky sheath...bodice ripper to the core...LOL :oops: Twisted Evil but come on...change it up a bit!
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 am

kimba wrote:
I had to leave early last night,too sleepy.

I have a Leo question: Now that Leo is 'sane' again,does he remeber everything that happened when he was out of it? Like attacking Jane? He taste her blood when he ripped her neck,does he recall the taste,etc(such as had a unique flavor)?

Oh yes... Oh my yes.
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 am

2shay wrote:
Faith--Something has been sort of worrying at the back of my brain for a while. I know you can't speak for every writer out there, so this is just about you. As a devoted reader, I wonder if you, as a talented writer, can just sit down with a good book and read for the sheer delight of being caught in someone else's world for a little while? I don't know if it is even possible for a professional writer to not look at construction and style, content, continuity and organization when reading someone else's work. I hope you can. Reading is such a huge part of my life, it worries me a bit....not losing sleep over it, understand...that our most talented writers might lose some of the magic of letting yourself just fall into the story. Not a particularlly profound question. I'm just curious.

2Shay -- it becomes much harder. But when I read something that is truely fabulous, it totally sweeps me away. I remember reading the love scene on a Kin Harrison book, while Hubby was driving through a very dangerous storm in the Rv. Branches were flying across the road, lightning was slamming down, wind and rain were buffeting the side of the RV as if trying to shove it off the road. And I didn't notice. The scene was too perfect. 24 pages of perfection. I feel the same way about much of Jim Butcher's and Charlaine Harris' work. Perfection.
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:15 am

uapeople wrote:
His burgeoning flesh entered my silky sheath...bodice ripper to the core...LOL :oops: Twisted Evil but come on...change it up a bit!

Not mine! NOT MINE!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

SwedeLover wrote:
We have found that weekends work best Faith - sad but true! Sat afternoon is Sat evening in the UK and Sunday morning in the 'lands' down under - but I know it is cheeky asking authors to give up weekend time :oops:

I work weekends -- 2, 17 hour days. However, I do get some off early. What time of day (Eastern Daylight Time)?
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:19 am

uapeople wrote:
I think that is a great question. I don;t mean to answer because you asked Faith (and I;m not an author) but I can't resist. I would guess that it depends of the author and how anal retentive or competitive they are...but I can say as I read more and more I do get more critical on some writers...like I notice bad grammar, typos, inconsistency...and the worst pet peeve..when they repeat the same thing over and over (and not at the beginning of a new book to bring readers up to speed). For instance if every sex scene happens the same way or even with the same words/wording or if all their books seem to follow in the same 1 + 2 = 3 formula, just different circumstances. Hate that. I don't think I can read sheath and not cringe for a while.

It is difficult, UAP. And sex scenes are the worst. I get so bored with them in the hands of a lazy writer. Mix it up a bit!
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 am

2shay wrote:
uap--I hear you. Burgeoning being the single word that turned me off of contemporary romance. Soooo over used.

But, books are magic to me. I am in virtual awe of a writer that can throw me into their world and keep me there, completely in their thrall. I think all writers know how to "green eye" their readers. At least, the great ones do. Faith does. I am totally in Jane's world when I am in Faith's books. I think it would be a great loss for anyone with a writer's command of words to lose that.

Burgeoning and sardonic. ONce a book. Only once a book. Otherwize it's lazy writing.
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:22 am

Greencat wrote:
Pretty please can we make the next chat internationally friendly smile
Missed out on both chats Sad
Thanks so much to the ladies that are making the transcripts available, we may not have been able to be there but we get to see the conversation which is awesome thank you. I look forward to next time smile

Greencat, what time of day works best for itn'l readers? If you can tell me in Easter daylight time that would be great. If not, then maybe someone can translate frm Greenwich mean?
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 am

b4v wrote:
To give an idea of timezone, the chats started at noon my time (Queensland, Australia), which would have been 1pm Swede's time (because of daylight savings. When it ends, she'll be in the same timezone as me). Greencat is 3hrs ahead in New Zealand, so chat was at 4pm her time. UK is an hour (and a day behind) her, so it would have been 3pm there. And, of course, us in Australia and New Zealand are a day ahead of US and UK.

Hope that helps smile

(scratches head) Um... So waht time on a weekend would work best. I'll have to try and be off from work. But for you guys, I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 am

LOL! For such lazy writers (NOT you Faith), makes you wonder just how lazy and uncreative their actual sex life is....
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 am

Darnit, I lost my post! Friday afternoons would work too Faith. 3pm on Friday is 8 evening in UK and Sat morning in Aus and NZ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:49 pm

thanks Fae - that would be good smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Faith--It was a dark and stormy night when you were reading those 24 pages of perfection...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 pm

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
Darnit, I lost my post! Friday afternoons would work too Faith. 3pm on Friday is 8 evening in UK and Sat morning in Aus and NZ.

I can do Fridays. (Sat and Sun I am at the lab for 17 hours each day)
So -- Which Friday? I am free:
3-31, 4-22, and 4-29.
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:59 pm

2shay wrote:
Faith--It was a dark and stormy night when you were reading those 24 pages of perfection...... lol!

LOL bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:31 am

22nd sounds good . . . what do you all say Puddy Tats??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Faith    Questions for Faith  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions for Faith
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next