Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 am

Sabby- you and Oh yes are pretty close to each other and you both seens to be listening. Devina is divine!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 pm

roflmao I am so glad you are as slow as me Sabby yay! Just finished CD 24 last night.

star Fiery star
So glad we will get to see Ian again! I miss him.

OMG - that SB tying up Jocasta. I love to hate SB, and at the same time I want to know more about him. Twisted I know, but he seems complicated.

Oh I am so glad that I listened to the last two CD's and didn't read them, because Roger singing Clementine to Jemie in the steam tent was so good and sweet on Audio. Devina really does an awesome job. She annoyed me at first, but now I hear her voice in my head when I read.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:01 pm

So glad you are enjoying the story!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm still lagging behind, way way behind, 2 hours into part three of Dragonfly in Amber. I had to give up listening before going to bed, kept falling asleep! Devina is great to listen too!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:26 pm

I haven't listened to the audios, I have heard from several that it is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Oh you should 2shay - they are great, if you have the time. I read a lot faster than I can listen though, so unless you are doing something else or driving, it isn't very practical. But since you have already read them.....

star fiery star
So Philip Wiley wasn't involved, I was so convinced he was. I just loved them all sitting around with the Miss Marple comments, because it really did feel like an Agatha Christie moment. That is the wonderful thing about the time travel, you can have 22nd Century comments in them that make sense, and still be historically accurate.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:44 am

I don't think we have seen the last of Phillip...well you definitely haven't...but I am wondering where he may book up after Echo....you know he will. My favorite 20th century quote was a lassie one...not sure if you got there yet though.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 pm

On Chapter 76 or page 980 - yikes but these are long! So Sabby if you are not that far yet, DO NOT READ BELOW - Major spoilage

star Fiery star
OMG OMG OMG - I was so upset about Roger. I was ready to throw the book across the room. In my head I was screaming NoooooNooooNoooooo. At first, I thought oh they will get there in time. Then when Claire started describing him, and that he had been up there for an hour, I was so sad. I was really mad at DG. But alas I kept reading and he lived. I felt so bad for him, being bound, dying like that, not being allowed to speak before being hanged. That Governor is lucky he lived because I have no doubt Jamie would have snapped his neck and Brianna would have helped. Heck, I would have helped.

Roger is healing now and has spoken for the first time. Which made me think about Claire. Can you imagine knowing what she does and being in that time. I can't imagine what the people think of her. Giving him mouth to mouth and preforming a trachectomy (sp - sorry I am not looking it up) right there in front of everyone. I can only imagine what people say behind her back. If she is not careful someone will accuse her of being a witch again.

Oh and William Mac needs to go, his parents were both sort of evil and I can see he is too. How cruel!

Just had to share my OMG moment - lol you guys were probably waiting for it. Cheers!

Which lassie one? Are they going back to the 20th century - Nooooooooooo - what about Jamie -oh no, new anxiety. confused
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:59 am

I swear the whole series is filled with OMG moments but the books are so fantastic.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 am

I like to experience stories through the voice in my head...so far. If I spent a lot of time on the road, I might feel differently. I have a close friend who drives 45 minutes to work and 45 minutes home again. **chough**She drapes her kindle over her steering wheel and reads both ways.**cough** I hope she never gets caught...really open road with light traffic.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 am

That is really scary!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 pm

star Fiery star
William Buckley MacKenzie is Roger's great great great something - did you figure that out? You should have from the ship and the baby name being Jeremiah and Morag and the family tree...oh and he is Dougal's and Geilis's bastard child! So many more twists coming...hang onto your seat! And I must say...poor Roger...first getting taken by Indians and now this.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 pm

That is just scary 2shay!

star Fiery star
Yes, I figured that out back on the ship, and it clearly spells it out this book. Gellis and Dougal would make a nasty little child, I am just trying to figure out how SB fits in, because I know he will be related somehow.

I feel so bad for Roger, but I guess he shouldn't have been kissing his GGGGM and it probably wouldn't have happened. But still I was hoping that he would talk Husband into meeting with the Governor and be a hero, instead they hung him.

I think he is acting like a big baby now though, he needs to snap out of it. He loves Bree and Jemmy and he needs to wake up and be glad he is alive, not pouting.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Almost done!!!!!!!!

star Fiery star
Yay! Roger is back to normal. He just needed to walk through a forest fire and almost die to find it!

Wow, that damn snake scarred me to death. YIKES that was a close call. It was really cool how Claire and Bree engineered the hypodermic out of the snake fangs. And I was so happy that Mrs. Bug (LOL - her name cracks me up) that she and her hubby went and collected mold. That was awesome!

We just had blood type 101 with Claire and Roger. I am sure Jemmy is going to scrape a knee or something and Claire is going to look because she can't stand not knowing. But I was glad Roger didn't want or need to know. I mean no good can come out of knowing that he isn't so he shouldn't risk it.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 am

Ok, b4 I read up I have to share this link...it has a bunch on SP and Book 8 and DG's writing process but even more there is an excerpt on a new novella she is writing in which Ian (big Ian) is in it. http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=10&nav=display&webtag=ws-books&tid=72028
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:17 am

star Fiery star
Oh but there is soooo much more- soon the soap opera plot(s) will unravel...or was that is ABOSAA(...yeah it was)? Oh you will know SB for sure and he will make an integral part. Roger has a lot of soul searching still to do in the next few books. I know he needs to get a grip, but besides Jamie and maybe Ian, who has been thrown as much bad crap over and over as Roger and Roger feels insignificant next to these other men. 1st he has bad eyesight, he never grew up learning all these things because he was from another time and his one talent was taken away when hung. He needs to prove himself to himself and feel needed. I think Bree could help a little more in this way. She is strong like Claire, but after all the close calls Claire even has become romantic at times which Bree needs to learn.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 am

Good points about Roger.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:19 am

star Fiery star
Almost done! They just found the gold in Jocasta's coffin.

OMG Bonnet got away! FFS - at least Bree got to shoot him in the balls. What a snake, wanting to take Bree and "his son" with him to blackmail Jocasta! Good, I am glad he got away, then we just get to keep killing him little bit by little bit. I hope Roger is the one to finally get him, poor guy deserves it!

I know what you mean about Roger. I really like his character. He definitely is at a disadvantage being in that century. But he is a MacKenzie so I know he will be alright. I just feel bad for him being in Jamie's shadow, because it is a big big big shadow. And it is so sweet when he gets these little twinges of pleasure where Jamie is proud of him.

I was checking my downloads today and I was pleasantly surprised that I had already downloaded ABOSIA from Audible a month or so back. I forgot I had. Which will work out perfectly because I want to read Cassie #4 and I can listen while I am doing other things like cleaning or cooking... Yay!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:53 am

Oh Yes! Roger isn't the only man who pales in comparison to Jamie! And Ian! Ian is turning into someone very special.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 am

I checked DG on twitter and she does daily lines. Just today she did one from book 8! Its a good one. She does lines from the Scottish Prisoner too..

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/Writer_DG

oh crap I hope it still works cause I copied it from my phone.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Tada! Done
I'm not looking Starbrites not until I am done with Echo.

star Fiery star
YYYYYAAAAAYYYYYYY! Ian's back! And Rollo! LOL - I knew he was going to show up with the boar, just had a feeling. Probably because I was running out of book - hahaha! Oh, I missed him. Yes, I have a feeling Mohawk and Highlander is gonna make a rather manly man. I want to know what happened to his son and wife. If I know DG it will take a couple hundred pages into ABOSAA. I knew Ian was suspicious of Claire and Brianna. I laughed when he said he knew they weren't fairies.

The scene with Jem and them talking about balls was hysterical and verra cute. But why the hell did the opal explode?!!?!? Does that mean that Jem has too much (whatever it is)? The opal was only hot to him and he seems to be the only one (other than Claire faintly) that can hear it? I think he must have more because of Roger being his dad and Bree being the mom. Which I imagine would be dangerous for him going through the stones. But maybe it will be easier for him?

I am glad that Roger and Bree are staying. I couldn't imagine them leaving. Sure it would be nice to have running water and a shower again, but you would miss your family too much, and that is all that is really important in the end is family. And I can't imagine them taking the chance with Jem in the stones - too risky and how do you explain that to a child.

I am going to read Cassie now! And listen to ABOSAA on the side - lol - I am too eager to find out what comes next to stop now.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 am

oh Yes! Ain't it fun? We have come up with lists and lists of things we would miss if we were stuck in the 18 th century. Feminine hygiene products ranking high. Toilet paper! Advil! Flushing toilets. All sorts of things.....anything to add?

Most of us agree with you about Jem having something "extra" because both of his parents can travel. Keep reading! Or, listening as the case may be! Enjoy the trip.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am

Starbrites--Thanks for the twitter link. Nov. 29th for Scottish Prisioner! Yay!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I have to go look now!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm

star book 8 star

Holy mother of god- I didn't see the lines, instead I saw an excerpt from book and where Roger is at Lallybroch but not at the time he expects to be. You will never guess who he runs into! Wholly crap!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next