Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:14 am

Dead Right - dogs being mans best friend and all Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 am

I think there will be a break up of the relationship and the blood bond - there has to be for her feelings to be seen as true in her eyes; but ultimately I think it will be a Sookie/Eric HEA .... In the height of passion he always shouts in some foreign language, in the final book - she will get what he says and truely feels, true Wink
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:49 am

All the books so far have pointed to Eric,but I am not sure about Ch anymore. Alot of her comments about Eric on her board haven't beeen very positive. The whole BB thing could have easily been resolved with readers for it and against it if CH would have just said exactly what it does. Instead as we all know it has been debated to death with CH saying she hates it now,I so wish I had the ballsto say,'well honey you are the creator,so only you cna answer what it is'

I also think a breakup is in the works,and it will be a stupid lame-o reason.

I fear shes going to pull Sam out suddenly as the HEA. I think it was going to be Eric and shes instead going to have him move to NO to take over Victors area,etc.

As an EL I pray I am wrong,and she sticks to Eric. She has given Bill a way to be happy with Judith,i hink Quinn will ave a lady love in the SS,so that leaves Sam. To be honest i keep hoping he is going to sell Merlottes to Sookie and move to Texas with his family. But knowing CH she will have his family move there instead.

I have not preordered the new book yet. I think I am going to wait an read reviews first,etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:15 am

Well, in reading the books, all roads lead to Eric as the HEA (IMO). However, from CH's negative comments on Eric and her saying that Sookie will end up with someone who has common goals and interests (or something like that), how could it be Eric? Additionally, she stated that Sookie will not become a vamp or have the fairy long life span. So, it would seem that Sam would be the HEA as he is in line with Sookie's common goals and interests (family, job, no visions of grandeur, etc.). Alcide used to fall into this category until he became pack leader. Quin might fall into this category, but CH said at one point that he is just a minor character. I wish she had kept her thoughts to herself on Sookie's HEA as it makes the reading more intriguing without the details.

However, all her comments could be a smokescreen to through readers off of the Eric HEA path.

I really hope it is not borring old Sam who sold Sookie out by dating the manead that attacked her. I want Sam to be happy, just not with
Sookie.

I have preordered the next book, but it is not first on my reading list as Chloe Neill's Hard Bitten comes out that same day! Didn't think there would come a day that Sookie would be on my waiting to read pile. :|
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:20 am

I agree Autmn! I also NEVER thought I would shelf a Sookie book,but it has happened. And I alos preordered Hard Bitten!

I think the new book and what CH does with Eric,Sookie,etc will give us a clue as to where she's heading with the series HEA. My fear is now the wedding she goes to will make Sookie think thats what she wants,blablalbla,and thats boring Sam.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 am

I agree that putting Sam in as the HEA in the last few books will be very disappointing. For me it will feel like I've been emotionally jerked around for 8 books. I won't be happy if Eric isn't the one, more so if it's for a stupid reason. Sam is the safe decision and fits it all too nicely IMO.

I always get annoyed at "Eric bashing". I'm too invested in the manvamp obviously Wink

I'm also starting to think I will read Hard Bitten first. :affraid: Sad because this use to be my favorite series Sad I did order the HB.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:20 am

I think it won't be a romantic HEA. She may get custody of Hunter and have the privilege of raising him. He would really need to figure out how to hide himself better unless he wanted to deal with vamps his whole life. Sookie can't get away from them even if she becomes involved with Sam. There would be vamps kidnapping her left and right if she had no protection. I would like Sookie to remain involved with Eric, but I get the feeling they are never going to settle down and be each others one true love. I will either like what she writes, or I won't.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:19 am

I always thought a Sam HEA was obvious. Too obvious, maybe.
What's the current contracted book count...13? A lot can happen in 3 books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:44 am

I hope Sookie does have involvement with Hunter. CH tends to go the safe route in all of the HEA's in her book (exception may possibly be the Harper series).

If it is Sam, she is going to really have to convince me in the writing that he is the best choice. Sam had years to ask Sookie out but doesn't show feelings until she starts dating Bill. Then Sam goes off with the manead that tried to kill Sookie. Then there are lull times in between Sookie dating Bill, Eric, and Quin and Sam doesn't make a move then either.

A Sam HEA would be boring and predictable unless the writing is spot on. Which, IMO, it hasn't been in the last two books. Sookie is so hard now, wanting people dead (even if they deserve to be) and Eric is Sookie's lap dog for the most part. I miss the humor between Eric and Sookie. With the lack of humor in their now relationship, tends to make me think CH might be thinking they are better off as friends. I hope not. What a waste of character if Eric doesn't get Sookie.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Autumn,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the last couple Sookie books, I really missed the humor in DITF. I understood the reason the book was more serious, but still. Dead Reckoning looks promising though...things could turn around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:52 pm

I still think the part in the last book when Heidi is telling Sookie how at least she is able to watch over her druggie son, and will be able to always; coupled with the way Eric looked at Hunter and smiled as he went to his hidey hole just had me thinking that Eric would be able to, and promise Sookie that he would always, look out for Hunter, even after Sookie has gone. What will really piss me off is if CH takes the easy route of a convenient HEA with Sam, the spiel may be that these books are not romance - but if an author chooses to drag on a love triangle into the 11th book with no end in sight then they cannot complain if that is all that get discussed. The last few books IMO have just been quick reads that have not sat in my thoughts once the books were done - I will also be reading Chloe Neills first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Swede, did you see that CH mentioned in a recent interview that CH added "romance" in her description of the Sookie series? I bet that comment had Dallas rolling over twice as she always states that the Sookie books are not romance. Well, if the author calls it so, ain't it so? lol!

I'll try to find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:59 pm

If she didn't want them termed romance she should have buttoned it all up long ago Wink Sookie and CH haha
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, I will probably read Sookie before HB, but you know me I am hard core. I am trying to convince myself not to bid on an ARC on ebay, because I don't think anyone I know is going to waste the money this year, and I will miss all the pregame. But I have a feeling I am not going to like this book, so I really don't want to waste either, as it just really isn't worth it.

Yes, she will have to do on hell of a writing job to convince me the Sam is her HEA. I got in trouble once on CH site (imagine that) for saying that I hoped Sookie didn't "settle" for Sam. Hahaha such a harsh term, but come on, Sam would be "settling". He may be everything she has ever wanted in a man (alive, able to have children, same interests, will age), but if she has been side by side with him all this time and hasn't had stronger feelings, some level of lust, then she would be "settling" big time, IMO, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:54 am

I know it shocking .... But I agree with you totally Oh Yes! Wink
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 am

Eric,is my first vampure crush! I can still remember laughing at the lines in LDID,when he pretend to be gay,etc. I miss that Eric.

And I agree,CH is going to have to do alot of fancy writing for book fans to buy Sm as the HEA. Her overwhelming fan fsvorite is Eric,I went to a book signing and she said every place she goes she has several fans ask for their books to be signed Mrs Northman.

For those who read DR on first day.let us know if it's a pro Eric book,or if this is one that will make us upset.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:50 am

I used to think she would definitely end up with Sam, but so much has happened since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:52 pm

LDID

I love you uapeople and respect your opinion of favoring Beeel, but just wanted to remind you of something that took place in LDID:

Pg. 123 ppr

"Watch me," he said in my ear, and pulled out. I tried to yank him back, but he began kissing his way down my body, making strategic stops, and I was hovering on the golden edge when he got all the way down. His mouth was talented, and his fingers took the place of his penis, and then all of the sudden he looked up the length of my body to make sure I was watching - I was - and he turned his face to my inner thigh, nuzzling it, his fingers moving steadily now, faster and faster, and then he bit.

I may have made a noise, I am sure I did, but in the net second I was floating on the most powerful wave of pleasure I'd ever felt (NOTE: THAT SHE HAD EVER FELT :D ).

Hmmmmmmmmmm to choose from Eric or Beeel. Da Da Da Da Da Da Dum, Da Da Da Da Da, Da Daddddda..........

Sent with love. :bom:

Last edited by Autumn aka Autumnleaves on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh my god.... Thank you thank you thank you smile
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 am

Just to mix it up maybe the tiger will make a re appearance and have sorted his mother and sister out maybe. Might even be a new character we have yet to meet? So many things could happen?
Eric and Sookie are fun but I don't see Eric being her HEA Sad
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 am

Oh Yes wrote:
Yes, she will have to do on hell of a writing job to convince me the Sam is her HEA. I got in trouble once on CH site (imagine that) for saying that I hoped Sookie didn't "settle" for Sam. Hahaha such a harsh term, but come on, Sam would be "settling". He may be everything she has ever wanted in a man (alive, able to have children, same interests, will age), but if she has been side by side with him all this time and hasn't had stronger feelings, some level of lust, then she would be "settling" big time, IMO, LOL.

Yeah, that's what I feel about Sam as well.

And as for the books being romance or not, well, no of course they aren't, they're UF, but they do have a romance element that threads strongly through all the books, so once everything else is discussed in a book, that's still going to be of ongoing interest, because it's, well, ongoing! (Sorry about all the commas, but commas are my friend, I can't help myself,,,, :!: )

I have been really, really missing the banter between Sookie and Eric and want to see both of them get back to being how they used to be.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 am

Doppleganger wrote:
I always thought a Sam HEA was obvious. Too obvious, maybe.

That is what I felt also...U mean he wants a simple life like Sookie. he has a normalish life span and can give her kids. I do think one of the vamps...p[robably Bill may give his life for her life, but unless it is a supe, she won't have any children, except her cousin's kid...unless she gets preggers from a supe (or even fae) and then has a HEA with a vamp...but if she has a child how could she have a happy ending if the vamp can't be awake in daylight when the kid will be...and how can Sookie have a kid if all the vamps and supes all try to use her or kill her? Maybe it will be a fae that becomes her HEA and then maybe she will go to fae world? WHo knows? I always had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the HEA would be Sam (or even Quinn) if not Bill. I always though Eric is to big a personality to be happy with Sookie...but I guess he could maybe stick around for a human lifetime.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 am

Autumn aka Autumnleaves wrote:
LDID

I love you uapeople and respect your opinion of favoring Beeel, but just wanted to remind you of something that took place in LDID:

Pg. 123 ppr

"Watch me," he said in my ear, and pulled out. I tried to yank him back, but he began kissing his way down my body, making strategic stops, and I was hovering on the golden edge when he got all the way down. His mouth was talented, and his fingers took the place of his penis, and then all of the sudden he looked up the length of my body to make sure I was watching - I was - and he turned his face to my inner thigh, nuzzling it, his fingers moving steadily now, faster and faster, and then he bit.

I may have made a noise, I am surse I did, but in the net second I was floating on the most powerful wave of pleasure I'd ever felt (NOTE: THAT SHE HAD EVER FELT :D ).

Hmmmmmmmmmm to choose from Eric or Beeel. Da Da Da Da Da Da Dum, Da Da Da Da Da, Da Daddddda..........

Sent with love. :bom:

I told you I love the Eric parts also...I just happen to see Eric changing himself way to much for the match to work (and Sookie, too), Bill and her relationship seemed much more natural (boring in most Eric lovers minds), but Eric and Sookie has a great sex life and he is HAWT and I love reading his parts and wouldn't mind him being her HEA, but practically I don't see it...and there is something about depressingly brooding Bill that I like. Heck I even though the Sookie on the counter in spandex with Quinn really really hawt!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:25 am

There are many things things that disturb me about Sam being Sookie's HEA, and safe is just one of them. His choice in women has always bothered me. Maenad? Even after Sookie told him about what she did to her. The latest little were is a homicidal maniac. The possibility of making Sam Sookie's HEA just doesn't work for me, and I have a hard time seeing that changeing. I've been a huge Eric fan from the moment he was introduced, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he's tall, blonde, and handsome, it's his personality(right), but I also recognize their relationship may have insurmountable hurdles. I always liked Quinn too, but.......baggage. I guess time will tell.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 am

doxielover wrote:
I've been a huge Eric fan from the moment he was introduced, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he's tall, blonde, and handsome, it's his personality(right), but I also recognize their relationship may have insurmountable hurdles.

Gotta agree as much as I would love her to find a way to have a HEA with Eric, I'm not sure how they would achieve it. In some ways I almost prefer that her HEA isn't with anyone. Her happy ever after is just Sookie finding a way to balance her life and gifts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next