Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:13 am

Oh Yes wrote:

Personally, I just didn't like him as a character. I thought he was paternalistic with Sookie. The way he dressed her and brushed her hair, and grabbed her hand or arm to tell her to be quite, just reminded me of someone's dad not their lover.

I agree with Oh Yes, Bill's paternalistic behavior with Sookie kind of creeped me out. I appreciate the way Eric looks at her as an equal.

For me, I didn't consider Sam as an HEA until I heard CH say that Sookie would marry someone with her common goals and interests. Sam has always had the opportunity to go after Sookie and he didn't. Sookie had breaks in between Quin and Bill that Sam could have jumped on board. Sookie could have even pursued him during those periods as well but she didn't. For them to have more than feelings of lust for each other after all this time would take some serious plot development for them in the next three books to make it believeable.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 am

Sookie may not get married until ten years after the series finally concludes.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 am

Well at least we know it isn't Calvin since he's happy with the other crazy bitch! Unless CH is throwing us a real big red herring, the quotes she made makes me only see her working out with a were of some sort, a human or another half fae. And that makes me really sad. Sad

I guess Alcide is out because he is alpha and they will want a true were as his spouse (plus mating in front of everyone was quite wierd). Quinn is a possibility IF he gets over his mother issues- maybe someone can off mommy dearest for her???? So that leaves Sam or someone we haven't met yet (or even the father of her cousin's child or even Barry the bellboy).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 am

I don't think it will be Quin as CH stated that he was only a minor character. And, she said that she has had Sookie's HEA planned from the very beginning.

In regards to Sookie's HEA being 10 years out, I don't think so. CH has kept her time spans close together in the books and not jumping ahead (same with all of her other series). But who knows?

I also don't see Sookie not choosing anyone in the end. What purpose would that make? She was a virgin until Bill as no human would touch her because of her mind reading abilities. Now with the supes in her life she has multiple choices (and some very yummy choices indeed). Laughing

Additionally, what really are Sookie's goals and interests now after all that has happened to her? I guess we'll find out.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 pm

I could be wrong but I really think Quinn is out of the running. I think from the things CH has said that it will be someone throughout the series, so Bill, Sam or Eric, Alcide maybe but I think he is out as well just because of his choices.

Realistically, Eric has been the one constant throughout. Every book, except the first and even that one for a certain amount, revolves around Eric to a large extent and you can't say that about any other character. She chooses to show us Eric, even if it is a simple convo. Sam is so far in the background that we forget he is even there sometimes.
DUD - Bill and Sookie figuring out how to get out from under Eric's hold, Longshadow
LDID - Eric sends them to Dallas and goes himself, then the orgy
CD - Bill is missing - Eric
DTTW - all Eric
DAAD - after Eric, his not knowing and Sookie dealing with her hurt feelings.
DD - Eric manages to worm his way into every important scene.
ATD - Eric and his feelings, BB, rescue
FDTW - Eric and Niall, takeover
DAG - Pledge, back together, fairy war
DITF - w/ Eric, Eric's maker

Bill and Sam seemed to be almost tertiary characters to Eric IMO. Eric being secondary and Sookie being primary.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Didn't DUD even end with Sookie looking out the window and noticing Eric flying?
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm

OY, very well thought out, and FLF, you're right, DUD did end with Eric flying away while Sookie was recovering in the hospital. I believe he sent her some flowers that suggest a female part, right?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 pm

See I always thought it the other way around. I thought it started out with Bill. He makes a million mistakes throughout (not buying her things she needs, lying, etc) that he kept repenting and we all get do mad we all hate him for a long time and giving her all this time to explore others while Eric is so predominant. I thought in the end it may come full circle and she'd either end up with Sam, her first supe interaction and who had been there from day 1or Bill who was "my vampire" from the day she met him. I also wonder if Bill will die for her so she can be fee of supes like she was in the beginning and she may just disappear into another rural town with money from Bill or Eric or Sam

Last edited by uapeople on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Bill was supposed to die in DAG, but CH changed her mind because of all of the crap she received from Bill fans. From the writing, all roads lead above, beyond, far and away from Bill. CH has always stated that she had Sookie's HEA determined from the very beginning. So if Bill was supposed to die in DAG, I would imagine that it is not him. I do hope Bill will be happy with his blood sister that looks like his dead wife. And, I hope that Bill and Sookie will be friends as Sookie doesn't have a lot of them.

In all of CH's other series, once the heroin has been wronged by a suitor, he is out of the picture. And Bill definitely did Sookie wrong.

I agree with you completly Oh Yes on all books leading to Eric (not just my opinion because Eric is hot and funny, but that is what the writing leads me to believe). CH's writing is not in line with say Karen Marie Moning who is able to keep us on our toes with leading us in different directions but still giving us details on who the HEA will be if the reader chooses to believe the writing. JMO.

Additionally, the heroin's in UF typically end up with the guy who she's done the most with sexually and that would be Eric in the Sookie series. CH gave us some great sex scenes with Bill (although in LDID I thought it was odd he would ask her for sex after she was beat to a pulp and nearly raped in the church basement), and there were some great scenes with Quin. But none of them were as detailed and/or graphic as Sookie's scenes with Eric. But, maybe CH has some freaky/kinky sex planned with Sam?? (ICK, I hope not - yawn).

But, time will tell. We have 2 years until the final book?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 pm

As much as I disagree with them, the opinions and pleas of Bill lovers are just as valid as ours and don't deserve to be called "crap." Please respect all posters, even those on different sites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:36 pm

I didn't mean to imply what they were saying was crap - my intent was to say that they complained in all kinds of ways. Honestly, I meant to put flack but couldn't remember the spelling. Laughing I don't think it is fair to criticize a writer for what they want to write. It is the writer's story, not the reader's. They should be able to write whatever they want. If CH were to write Eric off, I would be upset, but I wouldn't write to her complaining about it.

Is there a spell check button that I'm missing? If so, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 pm

I don't know about a spell check button. Anti-aircraft fire is flak, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:46 pm

In my head I was thinking Aflac insurance and flac and I was too lazy to look it up. I'm not a hater, I'm a lover. :geek:
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 am

God I hope Sookie's HEA is not Sam!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 am

See I;m confused because CH has said that the 1st book was intended to be a standalone and she ends up with Bill in that one. She must have changed her mind at some point then. If that is the case then the only person from the very start that makes sense is Sam *snore*. I hope it is someone interesting and no matter who it is, I have faith in CH's writing that she will convince us readers that it was the right choice. I still haven't written Bill off even with what was said by CH. She has said herself that an author reserves the right to change her mind and she could be leaving us real big red herrings. Like I said I really don't care so much who it is, but I do love the speculation and arguing over who it is. Love different POVs.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 am

The speculation is definitely part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Interesting posts everyone. Uapeople, I agree about the red herrings. Didn't CH say after DTTW came out that she had a man in mind for Sookie and we may not have met him yet? I thought I read that one some website but I don't remember which one it was.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've liked all of Sookie's guys along the way but am not really invested in one more than the other. I just hope she hurries up and picks one soon. I do have a hard time seeing her end up with a vampire though, especially if Sookie isn't going to be turned.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

We have to have faith in CH. I'm sure she won't let us down who ever she chooses or why. As the saying goes you can't please everyone so some of us will hate her choice in the end, and others will love it I'm sure. I'm sure we all just want Sookie to be happy.

Gosh I feel diplomatic today smile

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Yes, I do think I read that we hadn't met that person yet, but I had also read that she always knew how Sookie would end up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

well IMHO if some new guy is all of a sudden thrown into the mix i will find it too contrived, almost like a cop out to appease all the 'shippers'... by not favouring one
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:01 pm

I can't imagine a new character being thrown in the mix vying for Sookie's hand this late in the series. I THOUGHT Charlaine said she knew who the "guy" would be but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that we know who he is, meaning perhaps we haven't been introduced to
him yet. This sounds far fetched even as I write it.

Edited for Clarity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:10 pm

SwedeLover wrote:
well IMHO if some new guy is all of a sudden thrown into the mix i will find it too contrived, almost like a cop out to appease all the 'shippers'... by not favouring one

I agree Swede!

I am just afraid that CH just isn't that into the Sookie series anymore given her recent comments that she wants to write something different. So who knows what's going to happen?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Every series needs to come to an end sometime. It's hard to maintain a high level of quality and keep things interesting year in and year out.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Since the comment was from right after DTTW came out, it could have just been someone we hadn't met at that time but has since been introduced into the series. I do think she's known all along who it will be even if he wasn't in the first couple of books. I know she says she doesn't plan very much but I think she's just not giving herself enough credit. It's obvious that she does plan at least some things since they are foreshadowed.

EDITED - I can understand her wanting to write something else. It's been 10 years since it was published but she wrote the first one 3 years before that so it's filled her life for quite some time. I don't think she ever expected for it to continue on for this many books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

good to see you smile come into the chat room next time . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next