Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
kimba

kimba

Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:00 am

To me CH having Asilyn write a huge part of the Comp book,showed how lazy CH is getting with her writing. She Hates Fanfiction,so why did she put it in her book? I agree the ss was better than most of her SS/novellas.
I liked Quinn in the story,but didn't like Sam at all! What a douche bag he was! Pretending Sookie was his girlfriend,and the when his girlfriend makes the efect ot come all the way to Texas to be with him he snds her away and treats her like crap! I was never a Sam fan,and this action by him really made me not like Sam. Yeah his grilfriend is a bit rough around the edges,but he continues to date her,etc so why does he treat her so poorly?

Did you all see the unofficila synopsis for next book?

With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard — especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

Last edited by kimba on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 am

Man Kimba..I don't like the sound of the next book.

Is it time to set up for Eric to fall in the eyes of Sookie and allow her back into the arms of Bill or Sam?? Rolling Eyes

OH well, she saw the ending to her series long ago. And I will continue reading just to see what that is. Laughing

I've never really read the Companion books to any series really. Like showme stated earlier, I get most of it all from the author's website or my friends here. So thanks for that you guys hugs
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Did you guys see the cover for the new book over at CH website? I absolutely loved it. I like the pretty colors. smile
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:32 am

Haven't been over there in forever. Love the new avatar Starbrites.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:38 pm

CH put up her chapter for christmas. Here's the link

http://www.charlaineharris.com/Deadlocked_2.html
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Thank You showme!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 am

Is it really worth the look? I don't think I'm over DR yet.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Dead Reckoning made Entertainment Weekly's Worst of 2011 list.
I haven't read the book or the article (yet).
I am glad to see that not all the reviewers are sycophants. Seems to be a lot of those!
But I find it hard to believe DR is really in the top 10 worst of the year. Most disappointing maybe, because of all the hype and anticipation for it, but 'worst'?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 pm

I think one of the reasons people dislike it so much has to do with their expectations for the book. The previous books were so good and it wasn't. CH's Sookie books are also some of the biggest books released in the course of a year. They sell HUGE numbers of hardbacks and are a part of pop culture. For something of that calibre to be so blah was disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 pm

That's pretty much what the EW 'column' said. I use the term 'column' loosely - they devoted only 3 sentences to explain why it ranked among the worst. They said that after 10 solid books, DR was a disappointment.
I could have said the same thing about Dead in the Family. After 9 solid books, DitF was....allright.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 5:41 pm

It's kind of frightening to think that once you become big enough you aren't allowed to not have a major success without people accusing you of failure. Have those list makers never read an LKH book?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:10 pm

It raises the stakes significantly. It's incredibly unfair that she's under a microscope more than other authors. A lot of authors have let us down this year, with books much worse than what CH produced. Even among CH's books I'd call The Sookie Stackhouse Companion a bigger bust than DR.

On the other hand, everyone is expected to perform consistently at their job. There may not be publicity, television deals, or gargantuan dollar amounts at stake, but anyone can get a bad yearly review or even fired for lack of performance.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:25 pm

That's true we are all expected to perform to the best of our abilities. It also doesn't help the books are in hardback and we are going to be more vocal about our displeasure given we paid more for the book. Even getting the cheaper e-version I'm much more likely to say "screw it" about a series if I pay a lot for the book. I can read something awful for 5 bucks and not get too crabby.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Again, I still haven't read DR but I think everyone is getting tired of the love triangle crap. Does it really need to be left to the last book? Is that all she has to give us? It's certainly what I care most about at the moment. If she could settle Sookie's love life, maybe I'd enjoy the rest of the story instead of waiting for the Eric and Sookie moments.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

I am gonna have to say I think CH hasn't been devoting the time and effort into these books. Up to book 8 it was a good sereis. Teh TB came out and I honestly think it effected her books. Last book was just bad. CH is really bad at closing loose story threads,perfect example is the good ole BB. She hated answering questions so she broke it and never wants to speak of it again. Well the blame is on her, she NEVER defined it,was vague and got upset when fans tried to figure it out. Eric didn't know who Sookie was related to in the fae,and then in the last book she had Eric connctacting Naill early on about Sookie WTH? and there are lalot more eamples in the book that point to lack of effort/rereading.

I agree the love triangle crap needs to end. She said it's not a romance series..well then settle the HEA and move on. She has created dislike among fans of different suitors by dragging it out.

For a wirter to be inlcuded in this gtoup which included the Kardashains and Snookie just goes to show that CH has gotten very sloppy with her writing.

And I so Agree the LKH books are dreadful too! First 6 were great then they went downhill.

Last edited by kimba on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I agree, she seems to be distracted from her writing. Either that, or she was ill equipped to carry a series for so many books.

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series has been one of my favorites, but the last book stunk. Well, guess what, she was working on a movie AND television deal about the time she would have been writing it.
I used to wish for movie deals for my favorite authors. No so much anymore!
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Has anyone read CH's Harper Connely series? It is really good it is only 4 books but it was really good
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

I've got Grave Sight waiting for me! I haven't gotten to it yet, but I've heard good things. So many books, so little time!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15