Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
kimba

kimba

Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:51 pm

heart Eric!

So have there been any ARC reviews yet of the next book?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm

keep me posted if you do get to hear..oh yes and you normally have the bestest info!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Let you know when I know, if I know. I fear a lot of my informants have moved on. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:26 pm

damn and bugger! the youth of today... yes you! i am your elder Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Autumn, fists up...let's go...LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh, my fists are up alright! :D

So uap, you like Beeeeel. Rolling Eyes

Honestly, even before his betrayal of Sookie I was not that into him. However, let's count the ways of how he did Schnookie wrong: lol!

1. Working for the queen to seduce and/or get information on Sookie.
= Liar and manipulator

2. Not fessing up to the truth to Sookie when he had the chance before and in the limo drive to New Orleans when Sookie was going to meet the queen and get the information on what Bill was doing anyway.

3. Letting Sookie get beat up by the Ratrays (sp?) so he would have to give her blood and be able to track her. Note: I might be mixing the truth of the books vs. HBO on this one as I can't recall the details of the book on this one.

4. Bringing Selah around Sookie's workplace to try and make her jealous. Hello, you callous cad - WTF???? Yeah, that's going to make a girl want you all the more...... NOT. :D

5. Bill leaving Sookie ungaurded in LDID after the bomb to go after the killers. Who stayed to protect (and yes manipulate Sookie into sucking his blood so that he would have a connection with her)..... Eric, the Viking with the Mostest! heart

6. Oh, and there's the raping scene in the trunk because of his bloodlust. Sorry, unforgiveable to me under any circumstance vamp or no.

7. Beeeeel fighting with Quin because he was at Sookie's house without permission. Eric told him to secure Sookie, not to fight. But nooooo, Mr. Beeeel had to take it to another level.

For those who following CH more closely than I do, correct me if I'm wrong on the following:

CH originally was going to kill Bill off in DAG.
I've read all of CH's books and to date, once a suitor does the heroin wrong in any way, shape or form, they are not in contention for the HEA. Beeel would fall into that category. :evil:

Bring it on baby, bring it on!

You know I love you!!!! heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

Beeeeeell Schmeeeeeel for sure!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 am

Come on Bills not that bad.

Ouch someone just hit me lol
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 am

Yes Beeeel is horrible he's just so...... Boring!! :x
And although I love me some Viking (mostly because he makes me laugh); he's also very manipulative and self-serving. That's why QUINN is the best choice *ducks quickly*; so he has a lunatic mother and bratty sister.... its not like Jason is headache free!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 am

I can't help it. I love a brooding dark haired Southern vampire man. Don't get me wrong, but I love Eric also, I just see Bill as a much better match...
I didn't know that she almost killed him off in DAG!

"1. Working for the queen to seduce and/or get information on Sookie.
= Liar and manipulator"
Well, we all love many other main characters who started of doing worse things. The main thing is he learned his lesson and was willing to die for her and proved it....and may actuallt do that actual thing before the series is over and if so I will bawl my eyes out!

"2. Not fessing up to the truth to Sookie when he had the chance before and in the limo drive to New Orleans when Sookie was going to meet the queen and get the information on what Bill was doing anyway."
yeah, that was wrong and very bad (not to mention stupid...like what was he thinking), but great for the book plot!

"3. Letting Sookie get beat up by the Ratrays (sp?) so he would have to give her blood and be able to track her. Note: I might be mixing the truth of the books vs. HBO on this one as I can't recall the details of the book on this one."
I think you are misplaced on that one...but alas I am having problem remembering TB from book now, too. Time for another reread!

"4. Bringing Selah around Sookie's workplace to try and make her jealous. Hello, you callous cad - WTF???? Yeah, that's going to make a girl want you all the more...... NOT. Very Happy"
Yeah, but sure as heck worked. I hates it, she did, too, but it worked and lets' face facts our old fashioned man is quite lacking in the modern courting skills. But he tries. And he is really lame with his gifts (or lack of them...and the not liking her to eat...mpppphhhmm...men)

"5. Bill leaving Sookie ungaurded in LDID after the bomb to go after the killers. Who stayed to protect (and yes manipulate Sookie into sucking his blood so that he would have a connection with her)..... Eric, the Viking with the Mostest! I love you"
That was quite stupid as well...but what man doesn't do idiotic things. He is not yet in full control of his vamp side...he's a young-un compared to Eric...he lost sight of anything but blood and revenge at that moment...Eric had a thousand years to control the bloodlust and he is manipulative waaaaayyy more than Bill as shown in this part of the book.

"6. Oh, and there's the raping scene in the trunk because of his bloodlust. Sorry, unforgiveable to me under any circumstance vamp or no."
I don't forgive, but yet I don't think he had any semblance of what he was doing either.

"7. Beeeeel fighting with Quin because he was at Sookie's house without permission. Eric told him to secure Sookie, not to fight. But nooooo, Mr. Beeeel had to take it to another level."
LOL
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:12 am

Ah, poor Bill is up for some payback here, I see! lol!

I just don't see Bill as a suitor. Sookie's been there, done that and it didn't work out. I don't mind him as a character, although I do find him a little boring.

I actually find it harder to forgive Sam for taking up with the maenad that almost killed Sookie, than for anything Bill's done - mainly because I think he's gone a long way to redeeming himself (just not all the way back into Sookie's bed... or her shower!) from DAG.

I agree with Uap about the trunk scene, I don't think he ever would have done that if he were in any way compus mentis at the time. The whole politics thing and not fessing up, well that's a whole other ball game. Bad Bill!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 am

Don't forget Bill ditching her for his precious database. Just sayin'

OH yes Wink Eric is the best choice IMO. By all means, post all his moments. Yes he's high handed but damn if he isn't swoon worthy and fun!!! *sigh* heart heart heart Eric Northman
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 am

I just felt that the Eric parts released for the new haven't been as juicy lately as they had been in the past. It's sad. I like reading when there is chemistry between Sookie and any suitor, but it seems lacking for Eric on both sides.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 am

DITF had a few good ones before Eric's maker came along and pooped the party. JUMP!!! I still think he would have been a no fault way to kill Victor. Victor needs to pay in DR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am

Damn it, I don't have time to post today! I will try to get on later tonight.

But basically, I find Bill borring as well. And, he's just not "big" enough for Sookie. Twisted Evil lol! Sookie has gourmet sex with Eric. How could you have anything less once you've had the best! Just sayin, true?

Bill bring Selah around made Sookie irritated, but it didn't work in getting her back into his good graces. Lame. :P
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 pm

AT least Selah was completely different than Sookie. If he came in with a blonde blue-eyed curvy gal, I think it would have been weird. But that Selah had money and was domesticated did make Sookie irritated and at times inferior. I don't think that was Bill's intent, I think Bill just wanted someone somewhat shallow and someone he knew he wouldn't fall for but would fit into his lifestyle easily (and someone who if he broke up with for Sookie wouldn't be distraught). How horrible would it be if we find out later that she was giving him blood in the very beginning when he and Sookie were together? Sookie did have Quinn during much of the Selah time and then Eric, so it was Sookie that moved on first I believe (or was it? I forget now)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes, Sookie moved on first. Selah was really jealous of Sookie too. She confronted her at the Bellefleur wedding. I don't know if she actually liked Bill, or if she was just upset Bill wasn't besotted with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 pm

"6. Oh, and there's the raping scene in the trunk because of his bloodlust. Sorry, unforgiveable to me under any circumstance vamp or no."
I don't forgive, but yet I don't think he had any semblance of what he was doing either.

***************I agree with you there uapeople.

"4. Bringing Selah around Sookie's workplace to try and make her jealous. Hello, you callous cad - WTF???? Yeah, that's going to make a girl want you all the more...... NOT. Very Happy"
Yeah, but sure as heck worked. I hates it, she did, too, but it worked and lets' face facts our old fashioned man is quite lacking in the modern courting skills. But he tries. And he is really lame with his gifts (or lack of them...and the not liking her to eat...mpppphhhmm...men)

************Bill is from the land of chilvalry - The Old South. He should know how to court a lady. A true southern man would never bring a new girlfriend into the workplace of the old girlfriend. That would be just, rude.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

It's like he is a young laddie and doesn't know how to act around a lady such and Madame Sookie...LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Oh Bill just creeps me out that whole bit in the last book when he tries to get some Fae-like healing from Sookie... I just hope he leaves for new pastures with his new friend
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Bill, Bill who? Didn't he die in DAG? Oh wait, the author changed her mind. Twisted Evil
Sorry, I have always wanted to say that.

Really, I don't mind Bill and most of the things listed. I can forgive him for most of the things he did and I think he does and did love Sookie. I would never be able to get past the things he has done, but I understand them.

Personally, I just didn't like him as a character. I thought he was paternalistic with Sookie. The way he dressed her and brushed her hair, and grabbed her hand or arm to tell her to be quite, just reminded me of someone's dad not their lover.

For me it was never the things he did, it was the way he treated her. Where Eric enjoys her intelligence, Bill always seemed to always be worrying what she would say next. I always felt like Eric treated her more as an equal than Bill. And I didn't like how he was never there for her, whether it was to save her ass or pave her driveway (I am talking about the beginning of the series as he has been there for her once he lost her).
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I am and always will be an EL! Billl,ugh don't get me started on him,Yeah he kinda redeem ed himself in the fae war,but I still am pissed at him!

And I have to say,CH has been really not wrapping threads up in her books well. Like Bubba last book,no where,and he was protecting Sookie. She should have at least said,no he wasn't killed,or he's healing from an attack. That is one example of so many. And then the weres from the last book..WTH!

Another issue i have right now,CH told us the Sam's bros wedding SS would effect things in the next book. And now it's coming out after the book,due to CH/publisher issues? I think her writing has been effected by TB,mods,etc.

And if she makes Sam the HEA I am so done with the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

I know I also don't get how that is going to be tied up - the wedding was meant to be part of the main plot line, I saw it as Q turning up and Sookie giving both him and Sam the flick, once and for all smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I think the publishing of the world book was put back due to the death of her mother. Although it was originally coming out before DR, I think DR was already done, while the world book still had more of a process to go. I'm almost inclined to wait until the world book comes out before reading DR, so it's all the correct timeline.

I've trusted and enjoyed CH's writing up until now, so I'm willing to see where she takes us. But I have to say I hope that Sookie doesn't end up with Sam, it would just be too predictable and all wrapped up too neatly. Don't get me wrong, I like Sam, but he makes a great BFF!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Does anyone else fear she is going to end the Sookie and Eric love? It seems her love intrests only last about 3 books and then they are toast.. 😢
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next