Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lover Unleashed

Go down 
+8
uapeople
kimba
Oh Yes
2shay
Greencat
Dragonlady
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 pm

You aren't at all required to agree with me on this, Sabby. Payne worked for me as a character. If she didn't for you that's fine. We all react differently to stimuli.

Personally, I had no problems accepting her viciousness in a fight and her compassion outside of one. I think it worked well with her apparent low self-esteem in terms a what a female should be, both in terms of behavior and physical appearance. I would have been disappointed had Ward written her as strangely submissive outside a fight, or without any of the Chosens' graciousness and composure.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 pm

star star Not sure we still need stars...but what the heck.

I wasn't bothered by Payne as much as I was by the ooomph-less romance between her and Manny.

Although I did like Payne more when she was dealing with the loss of her legs. Her internal conflict was interesting, and after Manny showed her the video of his buddy in a wheelchair she she became motivated and renewed. I was interested in where that storyline was heading. But Payne had to ruin that wonderful drama by getting horny and glowing herself better.

I loved the way Manny sweeped in and gave her a new perspective - that was the high point of the book for me.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah, the glowing herself better bit was pretty cheesy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:24 am

The glowing was weird and wasn't explained why/how she could do it. I assume it is similar to V's abilities with his gloved hand? That is her blessing/curse given to her by the SV?

Payne's blood is what changed Manny, correct? Rejuvenating his body, probably pro-longing his life - - similar to Ward's first vamp Michael and what he can do for his human female mate. Or, was it her glow combined with the blood that is changing him. Maybe the glow is the reason she will be able to survive off of Manny's blood. IDK

Although I enjoyed this book, this book had sooooo many unanswered questions about Payne and Manny's relationship, Payne's abilities, and Manny's life expectancy and/or future within the brotherhood other than he is accepted, can come and go in/out of the vamp/human world as he pleases (huge security risk). But, maybe Ward will answer these questions in another BDB Guide.

Although I enjoyed the Band of Bastards, they better not touch one strand of lovely hair on my Blind King!!! :queen:
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am

Why shouldn't Payne be the opposite of V? When his hand glows, he kills with it. As a twin, it makes sense to me (having multiple twin sets in my family)that when Payne glows, she heals. Not just herself, either. She is "healing" Manny by stopping/reversing the aging process. I am more curious as to the possibilities of Payne helping in the battles to come with Butch. Will "the opposite" still be the case? Since the only "healing" V does is for Butch, will Payne' glow hurt him...or help V to help Butch? I thougt it was very interesting. I liked Payne. All my issues were with Manny and all the "relatives" that are suddenly showing up.

On twins....two of my familial twin sets have opposite right/left handedness. Like mirrors...sort of.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:17 am

Payne killed the Bloodletter with fire though. She seems to be able to do both at will, whereas V can only heal Butch.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:18 am

I agree with the glowing her better was way too soon. I really wanted to see her learn how to live with a disability and found that interesting and it showed her true character. Healing her so soon was a disappointment. I was actually pondering how the series would work out to see how much Manny really loved her if he chose so soon in their relationship to stay even with no hope for her healing. It would have been a very emotional and unusual path if the book had gone that way. I thought she'd be disabled and at some point the scribe virgin would do something but that Manny would have to do a sacrifice or something for her to heal and I wondered if Payne would choose to stay as she is so he didn't have to sacrifice. It also made sense why the scribe virgin kept her locked up (if she were to foresee this) and why her name was Payne. The name would make sense for her if she was disabled.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 am

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
You aren't at all required to agree with me on this, Sabby. Payne worked for me as a character. If she didn't for you that's fine. We all react differently to stimuli.

Personally, I had no problems accepting her viciousness in a fight and her compassion outside of one. I think it worked well with her apparent low self-esteem in terms a what a female should be, both in terms of behavior and physical appearance. I would have been disappointed had Ward written her as strangely submissive outside a fight, or without any of the Chosens' graciousness and composure.

I understand and I'm not saying she didn't work for me at all; she just wasn't exactly what I expected. And although she had mostly just lived with the Chosen (or frozen); since she was so angry/resentful of being stuck in that perfect world expected to be the "perfect" female by the SV; I think I just expected maybe more rebelliousness?? Who knows?

But yeah I thought the scene where Manny showed his friend in the wheel chair being very active and happy was one of the best. And I think it would definitely have made a better story line if she had to struggle even a little more before her recovery. It would have helped with the natural progression of their relationship as well.
Interesting theory 2shay about the twins having opposite talents..... well I guess Butch should keep his distance until we find out!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 am

I want you to have me as no one else has or will.-- V- JR Ward.

So, is this statement still true or are Butch and Jane equal at having V as no one else has or will.....

It didn't seem as though V got off on what Butch did to him, it was more of a mental healing. The Butch and V scene confused me as it reminded me a lot of what Z asked of Phury with the beatings.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:03 pm

hhhhhmmmm I still think it holds true. I dont think V's intent was to "get off" on what Butch was conceivably going to put him through. He just needed to feel pain and the "safest" way was something he was familiar with and with somebody he trusted. I definitely felt like it was a little too similar to Z and Phury's scene; but ultimately was satisfied with the way Butch handled it. So Yeah I'll stick to it!! whipping Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 am

I also had Z and Phury flashbacks when V asked for Butch's "help".
"As no one has and no one will" seems accurate to me. When Jane is dom with V, she goes pretty easy on him. And Jane & V, well, for them its more sexual.

With Butch, what V needed was someone to crack his emotional barriers which are thick as all hell. And it took bringing V to a breaking point to crack that wall.
From Jane, V got the kindness he needed afterwards and it brought them closer because he was able to open up to her more. Butch is the one who rolled up his sleeves and took care of V in a way that no shellan should ever have to see her mate. I'm not sure Jane, as tough as she is, could have broken V down like that.
Same equipment, but the purpose is different with Jane than it is with Butch.

V is a high maintenance vamp. It takes a village to support his emotional needs!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:50 am

Starting this book today!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 am

Dopple--That was beautifully said. heart Good job! twirling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

I just stopped at Butch leaving the Condo. Holy Shit! I do think you have the right of it Dopple. It did seem as though V wanted sexual stuff from it when he first asked Butch to do it but then it defiently turned complete mental. To me it was a sad moment and I had to close up the book. I liked how Butch handled it though not really using weapons but a spoon and water. With V not being able to see he never new. God Guys that scene actually hurt the heart to read. Hopefully when V wakes up he can finally talk with Jane about things and start to heal.

Manny & Payne! I pray to the SV that they are not put threw hell trying to be together. I am surprised at how much I like these two. Payne and Many just left the compound and I have a feeling she is going to be seen by that Bastard guy who's been hunting for her. X something.

Qhuinn~~ Sad He is a emotional reck right now. I wonder if the reason he never really told Blay how he felt was just a simple case of the "Don't think he deserves someone as good a him" To me it seems like Qhuinn thinks himself some kind of freak that dosent deserve to be happy because of the way his dumb family treated him. I just want him to finally tell Blay how he feels but I have a feeling Blay will be pissed at him for it. It usually works that way in these damn books..

Okay enough of my chatter. Just had to get that stuff out of my head.. These books are just to damn good..

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Qhuinn is such a heartbreaker!

I wish Ward would hurry up and write Qhuinn and Blay's book already. They have had a ridiculously long relationship buildup - I'm sooo ready for an HEA!

And Starbrites - chatter away! I love reading it. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

A few words to say now that I have finished this book..

It's a long ass time till the next book comes out!! Sad

Yes she does need to write there story and very soon. I don't think I've read a set of books yet that has so much buildup for a relationship. Don't she know we all want there story more then anything else??

I'm real curious about these band of bastards though. There so desperate to kill Wrath and take over. Bastards for sure!

Manny and Butch- Half brothers?? Do you think she'll write anymore about that situation? Maybe the "Dad" is still alive?

I'm so glad this series is not over but geeze March is a long time to wait till the next one..
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 pm

I'd have to reread to figure out why I was left with this impression, but I think Butch & Manny's vampydaddy is still around. I'll bet it does come up again.

I really liked the addition of the Bastards too. Shakes things up, in a good way.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:33 pm

I think Ward commented in a chat that V would be finding the daddy of Butch and Manny. The smexy books website has a big page of information Ward has let slip about future stories if you are interested in looking.

Alas, we have to wait a bit over 6 months for the next one. It's Tohr's book. I'll need to get a few boxes of tissues before I read it. Ugh Rolling Eyes I really hope it's not my hormonal week that week.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Sabby.....well, hello.....tapping foot.....waiting.....waiting......We do this a lot with this series, Sabby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lover Unleashed
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8