Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lover Unleashed

Go down 
+8
uapeople
kimba
Oh Yes
2shay
Greencat
Dragonlady
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm still not very far into LUnl. Damn RL!

star star

I'm wondering where No'One is. Isn't she Payne's personal servant? At the very least she's Payne's friend, and I would have expected her to keep vigil with Payne in her room.

Poor Manny, they've really screwed with his head. I'm really liking him. He's so concerned about his horse, gotta like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't see a threesome package either - Qhuay pure and simple ! No Qhuayla for me :evil:
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Qhuayla is the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:53 pm

LMAO @ Qhuayla! That one's gonna stick.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Qhuayla! LMAO!
I think it is gonna happen, but what the hell do I know, I have been wrong about so many things in the past. And it is Qhuayla that leads to Qhuay baby! :P
Qhuayla just paves the way!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:10 pm

I don't see that as a group HEA by any stretch. It may be a means to an end in terms of plot strings, but I don't see it as the end itself at all. However, I'm wrong a whole lot too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 am

star well Qhuinn has finally put words to it - he loves Blay smile now could the Warden just write the freaking book already!! So is the term Qhuayla now pending PURLS patenting! .... You heard it here first !
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

star star
Speaking of threesomes...actually I could see Layla with Xcor and his second (never can remember his name). Someone want to make a composite of that one? And that makes sense to me because they both would be into Layla and have respect and caring for each other as well.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 am

star LUl star

Throe is Xcor's second.

Qhuinn and Blay do love and respect Layla, just not romantically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:42 pm

star For one second I saw Throe with Saxton .... Maybe it is just me , but I want Saxton to be happy!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 pm

star Yes, Saxton is an alright guy isn't he? I think, it is funny that Qhuinn wants to hate him but he just can't.

So Blay has no 'H' in his name, does that mean he will never officially become a brother?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 pm

starstar ~85% through

Saxton is just so darned decent and respectable. I can't dislike him, but he doesn't spark a whole lot of interest either. Plus I have this feeling that he's doomed to minor characterhood or elimination after the Qhuay hookup finally happens, so I don't want to get attached. (Redshirt!)

I'm so glad Qhuinn opened up to Layla. I'm actually beginning to like her.

Another possible continuity thing. (?) I didn't think that human blood had the nutrients the Ward's vamps needed. How have Xcor and his band of bastards been surviving without turning malnurished and skinny?

No'One still hasn't made an appearance. Where is that female?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:05 pm

No'one is no'where in this book.... and Rehv has been missing for too long as well Sad
I am about 60 % and enjoying it but, but can easily put it down - not like Lover Mine!
I like Saxton - he is like Guy in AE books - right place, right time, a good tonic but not the chamapgne!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 am

star star (Ending spoiler)

I'm honestly working hard to judge this book on the story and not just by how many times I rolled my eyes at a bad and unnecessary simile, "Aaaaaannnd", "didn't/wasn't that just", or "true". It BEGS for parody.

I agree with Swede, it was easier to walk away from LUnl than the previous BDB books. The romance between Payne and Manny didn't have as much sense of urgency. Their biggest conflict was resolved by Manny simply changing his mind. The other conflict that brewed between Payne and Xcore fizzled as well. It was anticlimatic. Sad
I did find myself liking Xcore a lot as a result of how that conflict fizzled out. I'm interested to see how things heat up between the Band of Bastards and Wrath.

I get the feeling this is a transitional novel -- Is the battle between the Omega and the Vamps beginning to fall to the background as vampy politics between Brothers, Bastards, and Glymera come into focus? I'll be happy to see this, I think it will be more interesting than the lessers vs. vamps. For starters, the line between good and evil will not be so easily defined. I like Xcor, even though I know he's going to do bad things. Can't wait! *rubs hands together in anticipation*
Are we switching focus from Brothers to Bastards? Not sure how I feel about that possibility, I'm pretty attached to the Brothers.

I loved Qhuinn in this one! Soooo ready for that Qhuay novella/short/whatever.
I may have turned a corner and started to like Jane too. I still don't understand how she eats and wears clothes while switching from corporeal to noncorporeal, but I like her character more now. I also 'get' her relationship with V better now.

My bet is on Veck showing up in the next Fallen Angels novel.
As for who will be in the next BDB novel? Not a single freaking clue.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:15 am

Sweet!! The cow is back! Stay cow, stay!

I agree, it did beg for parody and doesn't that just make you feel as crappy as Britney Spears in a port-a-potty.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 am

Back in all it's ballchinian glory!

👅
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

On Facebook J R Ward just announced that the next book is......drum roll please..............

Tohrment!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Yay! Will be an emotional book, but at least we should see more of JM and Lassiter. That's all good.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I actually wish it was Qhuinn/Blay (no Layla)...though Qualayla is classic! It seems soon for Tohr to find another, just my opinion....I guess he will ahve issues with finding someone else and opening his heart for another possible heartbreak and not being able to protect her. I wonder who it will be? No'One maybe?????
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Ward confirmed quite a while ago that No'One and Tohr were going to be a couple.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow... Good guess for me!!!!! I had no idea! I was just thinking of who was already introduced and may make a good match for him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:18 am

they were fated to be together, right ? should be an intense book as we look back on his life, and Wellsie - I am excited! now all we need is the little matter of a Qhuay novella
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:15 am

I always liked Tohr,but to be honest I am not sure I will love his book. N'One and him,ehhhh not to exciting to me. I want him happy,but not seeing the big romance with them.

Lover Unleashed. SPOILERS*********************************************************

Why the heck didn't Rhage turn into his dragon during the big fight where they were all hurt so badly! in fact,Rhage could have died from his injuries,so you would think the beast would have been roaring to get out.

I love Payne! I was worried because I still don't like Xhex,and was so shocked to find out that I REALLy liked Payne!

I was so bummed we didn't see the actual mating of V and Jane! heck after all they went through to get to that point you would think JRW would have shown us V getting his back tat!

And do you think Q's vison of his and Layla's baby will come true? I think it will! I see Q/B and Layla together

star star star star
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am

star LUl star

Yeah, the back carving that he had in previous books.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 am

star LUnl

Good catch, I wonder why Rhage didn't turn beasty?
I wondered why Rehv was using his cane...I thought he didn't need it anymore to suppress his sympath side. (?)
At this point, if Ward doesn't have a continuity editor it's time to hire one. I feel bitchy ☀ when I point out continuity errors, but I can't help but notice them as I read. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Lover Unleashed - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lover Unleashed
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next