Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADRIEN ENGLISH

Go down 
+10
DEW
sabby
Dragonlady
showmethelove
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 am

Read the interviews. They fall between books 3 and 4. Jake's is first.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 am

Where do I find the interviews?

I found them! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Showme, b4v--I had no problem being so pissed off at Jake that it was a fine line to hating him. Show--I went outside, paced, smoked and cussed! Then I went back inside for the tissues. I cried for Adrien's pain. A lot. Societal and family expectations screwed Jake up to a point that he could hurt a truly fine man in the cruelest way possible...by allowing him to fall in love.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:09 pm

See I think Josh has done an amazing job of keeping me from hating Jake. Even though he says and does some awful things, I still feel for him. I would normally be on the "fuck Jake train" but I keep thinking of how he feels too. I can't imagine going through all that work to keep something you want and love in the dark. To deny himself Adrien, who he obviously loves and craves because of the prejudice of his fellow officers, family and his own idea of what he should be is incredibly sad to me. I don't like it and it breaks my heart to see Adrien upset but I can't hate Jake. I think his heart must be breaking too. 😢
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

You make it sound as though Jake didn't fall in love and get hurt in the process, 2shay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Jake hates himself enough Sad i just feel for him so much
show what is your take on Kate? again I think Josh is really clever for not giving her actual page time so we dont build a relationship with her - small minded as it is - i hated her all the way, just for being there Sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 pm

star star THYS star

I don't hate her. I'm sad for her too. When it comes to Jake's treatment of Kate I put the blame totally on him. Adrien found out and put up with it. Kate has no clue. Jakes also still fucking other people at the club. He knows damn well his marriage is a sham.

Oh I forgot to mention Jake not wanting Adrien at the hospital. Brutal, I got teary eyed there to. I'm itching to start the next one. Damn RL!!! :x

Last edited by showmethelove on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 pm

that hospital scene was where me tears really flowed Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 pm

star THYS star

I cried at the hair stylist scene And the hospital scene. And when Chan told Adrien that Jake was in the hospital. Oh hell, I cried a lot while reading this book. Dammit Josh! These books should have a warning label about needing tissues. (In addition to the warning label they already have.)

I feel bad for Kate, Jake's lies have caused more damage in her life than anyone else's. If it hadn't been her, it would have been someone else. Kate isn't special to Jake (imo), and Jake isn't bisexual he's gay. Kate simply has the dumb luck of being female and therefore fitting into Jake's dream of a 'normal' life. I think anyone with the right equipment would do.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:02 am

showmethelove wrote:
Even though he says and does some awful things, I still feel for him. To deny himself Adrien, who he obviously loves and craves because of the prejudice of his fellow officers, family and his own idea of what he should be is incredibly sad to me. I don't like it and it breaks my heart to see Adrien upset but I can't hate Jake. I think his heart must be breaking too.

That's exactly what my reaction was, too. Like Swede said, Jake hates himself enough, without us hating him as well! Not to say I wasn't mad as hell at him, but he's just been so completely fucked up by society, his family, etc. If you cried in THYS, showme, make sure you have a few boxes handy in the next one. Death Of A Pirate King has one of the most powerful scenes I've ever read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 am

Last year Josh wouldn't rule out a Jake pov .. How good would that be! And Xmas 2012 we will be getting a Xmas story for them 🎅
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 am

I really hope that he writes that Xmas story. 🎅

star Series Ending minor spoiler star

If nothing else, I need to know what the heck Lisa bought Adrien at the gallery!

Oooh! That's a question for the chat. I thought of one all by myself! cheers
I've had trouble coming up with questions for this series. Lots of statements, no questions. Sad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 am

I thought it was that print he was looking at. Oh no, I may need to reread that. Sacrifices, sacrifices.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 pm

I've been good haven't read any of the post, ok maybe a little.
Have finally started first book to see what all the fuss is about smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Right behind you GC. :P
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

I finished Death of a Pirate King and damn!!! Of course I'm starting The Dark Tide ASAP. I need to think a bit before commenting.

GP and GC avoid spoilers if you don't want to make yourself crazy!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Or crazier as the case may be bounce
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Ooh, a xmas story would be the :bom: ! I bet whatever Lisa bought from the gallery (I'm guessing the print that Adrien was admiring) will come up in the xmas story. I already miss Adrien and Jake Sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 am

I have 30 pages left in The Dark Tide. I'm dying to read it!!! Real life is interrupting my A&J obsession damn it :x
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am

That's bad. That's like showing someone a pie then telling them they can't have it.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:35 pm

I finished. :D :!:
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:39 pm

And I'm still thinking about it heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:54 am

Right first book down, starting on second. Still warming up to the characters -(ducks quickly) but enjoying the story so far. Josh is an awesome story teller.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:19 pm

For someone not really warming up to the characters, finished book two and I'm hooked, completely sucked in smile so onto the rest of the books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Somebody has been AJ'd Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: