Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADRIEN ENGLISH

Go down 
+10
DEW
sabby
Dragonlady
showmethelove
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am

Huh. Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part. I would find a Jake-getting-lashed scene quite satisfying at this point. bouncebouncebounce
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 am

Did you read the interviews, Dopple?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 am

Not yet. Probably during lunch.
I did get a start on Pirate King last night.
2 years? Wow. Good for Adrien. Even though he still pines for Jacob, keeping his distance had to be the healthiest course.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 am

Jake, you are confusing your sexy boyfriends.

The interviews are very short.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 am

Lol, I guess I am.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 pm

I read the interviews. I have actually posted twice today about that, and both of my posts have disappeared! As soon as I finish my reread of Trina, I am starting a reread of Josh's books. I just have to stop wanting to kick Jake's butt. Maybe I will have a little more compassion in a reread.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:06 am

I finished Death Of A Pirate King and couldn't not go right to The Dark Tide. So I'll wait for dopple to catch up before I comment, except to say I was so absolutely furious with Jake you would swear he was an actual person, not just a made up character in a book! I'm so sad this series has ended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 am

as i read it thought you said you couldnt help but go the Dark Side lol!
wasnt it just such a great series ?? i am completely entrenched in Josh-landia for a while now, heck but he has a lot of books and so far i love every one!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 am

ok, so which of his series would you recommend to read next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:45 am

i have just read Fair Game - a stand alone; and the 2 Holmes and Moriarity Books, plus the Petit Morts series which also has JCP and aussie author Sean Kennedy - great quick reads!
tonight i am starting Dangerous Ground.
... how much time have you got lol
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:18 am

Man, I'm already operating on 3-4hrs sleep over the last couple of nights! I could not put these books down until my eyes were closing without my permission, I was so tired. I've got a couple of Patricia Briggs books from the library to read, then I thought I'd check out JCP's Channeling Morpheus series, then back to JL, so let me know how you go with Dangerous Ground. Fair Game looks pretty good, too. And the Petit Morts series is up near the top of TBR list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:23 am

so will you definitely be free for when he comes to chat??
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 am

Unfortunately, probably not because I work weekends. If it works out to be earlier in the morning or late afternoon Sunday our time, I'll be here, otherwise I'll be at work wishing I were here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:17 am

Jordan was 7am here .... Is that not early enough?
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:21 am

7am (qld time) is good. I have to get ready for work about 9am my time on Sundays, so as long as the chat is before them, I'll be there. Missed JCP chat because I hadn't read her books yet, but I'm prepared this time!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:05 am

You guys are both 11 hours ahead of GMT right now? Are we all done changing our clocks for a while?

The Dark Horse and The White Knight are both short and sweet. A duology (is that word too pompous?) as opposed to a long series. A young actor falls in love with his sexy cop bodyguard.

Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:09 am

I'm up to chapter 12 of Fatal Shadows. I agree I stayed up way too late and still didn't want to stop reading. Roirdan was kind of a complex intriguing surprise. The way he said he "fucks queers", it makes sense he'd being into master play. Punishment. He's not at all what I thought his character was going to be like based on some of the quotes. I know don't assume.....

The guy in the skull mask would scare the shit out of me. I'm not finished but have a weird feeling about Angus and Bruce. The dead cat freaks me out too.

Why does he call his mom Lisa? Is there more there?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:12 am

I think the Lisa answer is in book 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 pm

You would be right Fae ! Hehehehe finally we have roped showme into this series! Dammit but I love when a plan comes together Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Whats the first book? I'll finish FGOTR over the next two days then start, gotta read at least one for the chat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 pm

You still have a month smile but the first book is a compilation of 2 books - see the first page of this thread where all books are listed. Amazon link for first 2 is :

http://www.amazon.com/Adrien-English-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B0038QP8CI/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301289185&sr=1-5
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 am

Thanks Swede have downloaded. You would think I would know to check the start of the thread for the book list. duh me. :oops:
I'll be there for the chat, my weekend off yippy.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 am

Hi all - I'm nearly finished the Pirate one, shall do in between work today. Damn but I can't put these books down!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 am

GC and showme, you guys are in for such a rollercoaster! I can't wait 'til you're finished to discuss it with you. I just finished and want to read it again already!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 am

Yep, 11hrs, FLF. Thankfully daylight savings ends 3 April, then Swede and I will be in the same timezone again, GC is 2 hrs ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: