Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My TBR plan of action . . .

Go down 
+13
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
Dragonlady
2shay
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
DEW
showmethelove
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 am

Seanan Macguire (?)
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 am

Excellent, they have them at my library. I'll add them to my authors to read list.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 am

I love it when a plan comes together :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 am

That would be perfect if we had a cigar smoking emoticon.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 am

lol! the closest we could get is probably 8)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I am still trying to decide the order in which to read the ones from 2/22

Iron Crowned (new release)
Pale Demon (new release)
Darkest Mercy (new release)
C & B (new release)

I LOVE Cat and Bones and want to read it first, but I know I will be reading all 4 really quick and be forgetful, so I think I may TRY, not I said TRY, very hard to save that for last (hottest vamps for last). I think I may read KH 1st because Trent, Rach and Jenks in a car trip to CA is too hard to resist! I guess I may have to put the names all in a hat...oh and then doesn't the new Mercy Thompson come out like the next week or something...gosh- no sleep for me! No rest for the wicked lovely (pun intended with Melissa Mar's prior one)...LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:57 pm

mine was...

Dark Swan
GhosTV
Darkest Mercy
Cat and Bones
Pale Demon Sad never caught up . . yet!

but not sure now when Iron crowned will be avil on kindle
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Iron Crowned may mess me up too, don't know when e-book release will be avail and Pale Demon will have to wait due to ebook price. Might be Cat & Bones as I have that on pre-order. Haven't read the Darkest Mercy series I don't think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm

wicked lovely by melissa marr - YA but really good especially the "darker" books in the series
my avatar is from the new cover
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 pm

There are so many YA series that have beautiful covers. Why is that? I don't read much YA but the covers sure do draw my eye.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:46 am

Yes, I'm reading Lament at the moment, and it also has a beautiful cover in a syle very similar to Maggie Stiefvater's other books. The covers of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and the Kate Lauren books are also stunning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 am

I have Lament plus the other ones she wrote, Linger? And something else lol keep us posted - I bought them because of good reviews, and , yes the lovely covers ! Love how the text is green to suit cover - next one I believe is red smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 am

Shiver. I've read those two and absolutely adored them, can't wait for Forever (yep, red) to come out in July. I know, the matching text colour was just too cool! Really enjoying Lament so far - about a third of the way through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 am

damn it is one huge planning effort to try and fit all these books in lol!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 am

Ooh Lament - yes I remember that cover, haven't read the book but would just based on that. Yes I know; can't tell a book etc but sometimes it works out. That's how I found Terry Pratchett.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 am

I just wish I had the time to even read right now. Sad
So crazy this week
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:17 am

But worth it smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 am

I just want you to know that today I was able to buy Richelle Mead's Iron Crowned on Kindle! I actually am reading Melissa Marr's 1st because it is that last of the series (which I didn't know until yesterday)...I'll start reading when I get home from work. Just wondering, the previews on Harper Collins, are they missing anything at all (should I reread) or are they exactly the 1st 20%>
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm

I have just spent an obsene amount of time on here going threw all the Authors you guys have listed and writing down each book so I can have an action plan on what to read. Alot of great choices. Now to decide where to start.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Starbrites I highly recommend all of the following

Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs
Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews
Chicagoland Vamps by Chloe Neill
The Edge series by Ilona Andrews
Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep
Guild Hunter and Psy/Changling by Nalini Singh
Dory Baseraub series by Karen Chance

There are more but that's a good list to start with. :study:
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:42 pm

I second those recommends!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Finished Pale Demon. I know this isn't the place, so all I'll say is, that I think it may just be my favourite one so far. Next is a quick re-read of Thorn Queen before on to Iron Crowned.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I love the scrolling updates box.....this board is changing, evolving and getting better every day!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I have been off the board most of yesterday and part of today. Not for lack of interest, I promise! If you have heard about the West Texas wind yesterday, you get the problem. Everything is fine, except for electric and telephone poles being down all over the area. Not to mention cell towers and wi-fi connections. I haven't had internet service since yesterday morning, and just got wi-fi going enough (though still slow) to try to say hello. I don't know how long it will last, so if I disappear for a couple of days, don't fret, luv, I'll be back. At least we didn't get it as bad as it was 60 miles north of here and 40 miles south with the wildfires. I guess our county commissioners declaring a burn ban several weeks ago kept us from getting into some real trouble.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I hate wildfires. May you never experience them. I understand you probably already have. I also hate the havoc all the ash and soot wreak on my sinuses. Even if you manage to not catch fire high dry winds are nasty too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: