Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson

Go down 
+3
Doppleganger
amckuen
Starbrites
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Empty
PostSubject: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Charley Davidson Series

1: First Grave on the Right
2: Second Grave on the Left
3: Third Grave Dead Ahead
3.5: For I Have Sinned
4: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet ~ October 30, 2012
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am

Hey just wanted to say that I am super excited as of yesterday I officially on DJ's street team as a grimlet!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Awesome!! wine Did you get an ubercool Grimlets T-shirt and a bunch of missions to complete?
Back to top Go down
caligrl

caligrl

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

I just finished Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet. It was awesome...I want more!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

I finished during lunch and now I'm sad it's over.

star Fourth Grave star

I should have seen that coming, but I was totally duped! I think Darynda played a trick on her readers, and it was awesome. not worthy

My ADD summation:

Artemis! heart New meaning to boxed in, try imagining a mocha latte!, stepmom is still a bitch, blue towels?, Quentin heart, OMG BOINKING, Daddy Dearest you sonofabitch, wait...she's dead?, wait....he's not sick?, Decide on a couch name already! I totally called the new tenant - nya nyaaaa.

Things that occured to me after I finished:
Charley still hasn't gotten paid.
The arsenist is still at large.
That dark plug in a light socket bit? Could be bad.
Why buy all that kitchen stuff but not a Keurig? Seriously, I think it's time for one. And it needs a name.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

star Fourth Grave star

I really liked the last 3 Charley books but I'm not liking this one AT ALL. I hate the way Charley's handling Reyes betrayal..I can't believe she just forgave him so easily..and I'm really pissed that Reyes was mad at Charley just because she was mad at him even though she had every right to be mad at him scratch ..worst of all is that I'm not feeling that Reyes is even remorseful for that happened.. he gave a lame apology and expects her to get over it Mad- there's no grovel or him feeling pain for what he did..it's like he doesn't even care that because of him she was tortured and almost killed.. I just don't see the 'love' at all.

I used to like Reyes but I can't get over what he did, I don't think I'll ever like him again. no idea
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 pm

star Fourth Grave star

I really liked the last 3 Charley books but I'm not liking this one AT ALL. I hate the way Charley's handling Reyes betrayal..I can't believe she just forgave him so easily..and I'm really pissed that Reyes was mad at Charley just because she was mad at him even though she had every right to be mad at him scratch ..worst of all is that I'm not feeling that Reyes is even remorseful for that happened.. he gave a lame apology and expects her to get over it Mad- there's no grovel or him feeling pain for what he did..it's like he doesn't even care that because of him she was tortured and almost killed.. I just don't see the 'love' at all..there's no evidence of it..just because Reyes says it doesn't mean I'm going to be convinced of it.

I used to like Reyes but I can't get over what he did, I don't think I'll ever like him again. no idea
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 pm

star Fourth Grave star

I can't quite figure out how I feel about Reyes either - can he be trusted? Charley seems to develop selective amnesia about what he's done, but she remembers what her father and step-mom did with crystal clarity. cussing
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 am

I actually started this one last night but then I want to partake in the ICED group read so after reading only the first few chapters, sadly this one will be put on hold for a bit. reyes
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm

star Fourth Grave star

I finished Fourth grave and I didn't like it Sad
I hated Reyes and Charley's dad and I was pissed that Charley lets them get away with everything...although at least this time she stayed mad at her dad for a while but I still hated how she was okay with him at the end after he shot her twice!!
It pisses me off that her dad and Reyes used her as bait and keep terating her like crap - her dad shooting her and Reyes threatening, manhandling her, grabbing her throat and then telling her 'to get over it' - like ahe had no right to be mad at him or to still be traumatise dby waht happened.

I wasn't keen on the whole investigation with Harper and the person who wa stormenting her - I mean it took up the bulk of the book but how does it fit in with the series as a whole? The characters introduced because of Harper won't crop up again and the investigation didn't change Charley in any way and it didn't effect the whole demon invsion and hell on earth arc.. so IDK I just don't see the point of it. no idea

I'm also not as fond on Charley's constant humour - it just grated on me.
I didn't like that Charley had to keep being saved by Reyes, her uncle and Artemis. I want her to try using her powers that everyone keeps talking about.

I enjoyed the first 3 books so I'll still read the next one but I'm hoping that Charley starts to act in a more satisfying and realistic way in regard to all the betrayals.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:20 am

star Fourth Grave star

I was the opposite to Ferdy, (I love how we can discuss our different views by the way) I enjoyed this book and thought the series is getting better as it goes along. I enjoy Charley's humour, might be the fact I live with a smart ass maybe smile Didn't get however the reason behind Charley's dad shooting her? I'm sure there are better ways for him to test his theory. And the sex, about time!

I would however like to see her try to use her powers, we seem to get little teasers which aren't quite enough for me. I think there is more to the Reyes attraction that may have to do with what they are that might make Charley a wee bit on the native/blind side when it comes to Reyes. And who to trust? The Demons that lie or the son of Saturn? Not convinced he would be unaware he was being used as a tool by his father thou. If that is indeed the case.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

star Fourth Grave star

I lurved this book. But after I read your post Ferdy, I realized that I zoomed through the book for the laughs and pretty much turned off my brain while I read. Which is great, actually. I needed the escapism and the laughs.

I did think that Charley was too fast to forgive Reyes. But then they boinked, and I forgave him too. LOL Well, until he threw his hissy over that photo. What a high maintenance drama king!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 am

Ok so I dumped Iced and came back to one I know I will enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm 55% in now and OMG I so heart reyes heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson    Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darynda Jones - Charley Davidson
Page 1 of 1