Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy

Go down 
+6
Daniel Kaine
2shay
Greencat
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Barbara
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:44 pm

:whis: the whistling twins :whis:
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Personally, I think you could conceivably be pleased with the ending.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Aaaargh!!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 pm

StillSwede wrote:
Aaaargh!!!

Bwahahaa! *goes back to lurking... and attempting to write*
Back to top Go down
http://danielakaine.com/
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:20 pm

tongue
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Poor Swede. Not really but I feel I should empathize or something.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:46 pm

I can't even pay you back because you're always ahead of the game Sad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Barring the times I'm not that is a completely true statement.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:58 am

So I have temporarily switched fangs..... I am finishing off Lover Reborn before I get back to DoD (btw... Every time I start to write Dawn of Darkness, I think of Shaun of the Dead Rolling Eyes ) Don't. Ask. Me. Why!!!

Daniel.... I am guessing you like Vampires; if not the sparkly variety smile have you read the Black Dagger books? And in the fantasy genre have you read any Ginn Hale books? Like Rifter or Lord of the White Hell?
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm

I do like vampires - providing they don't sparkle, as you mentioned - but I read all sorts, so I haven't read that many vampire books. I've read the Laurell K. Hamilton ones, up to about book 16 when they turned from paranormal to paranormal erotica to lets-have-the-MC-have-sex-with-everyone-she-meets. Read the Sookie books by Charlaine Harris as well... loved these, but the last two have been somewhat lackluster. Other than that, I've read Dracula (good story, but in need of modernising and, unfortunately, totally predictable now everyone already knows the story) and Lost Souls (interesting take, but never really got into it).

Love fantasy too. Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were some of my all time favourites. I've read the Wolfsangel books by M.D. Lachlan too; a Norse fantasy with bits of paranormal interlaced. What else? Oh, Robin Hobb... the farseer trilogy! Read the first two and absolutely in love with these. And I've started the Sword of Shannara Trilogy.

What else do I love? Oh, the Dexter books!!! I have so much respect for Jeff Lindsay, creating such a fascinating character and his writing is so poetic it's just beautiful.

Surprisingly, even though I mostly write books featuring M/M relationships, I can't stand most M/M books. Most of them come down to soppy love stories with no plot other than the romance. And in so many of them these days, the attraction is always instant.

Okay, so I went on a bit of a tangent there, but I basically I love books with paranormal elements, or anything that's out of the ordinary... providing it does not sparkle!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I liked Anita books - but only up to book 7! I know FaeLadyFae still reads them. I think this is the first time in a lot of years that I won't be buying Sookie book Sad actually it was through our love of that series (specifically Eric heart ) that we all came together..... We got into trouble that many times on CHarris forum that we created our very own space, so we could say what we liked! Even swear. Shocking, huh! And if course we would never have been able to have m/m or BDSM threads there
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

No M/M or BDSM threads? *gasp* That must have been awful!

I love Eric, but Sookie was a real bitch in the latest books. Eric needs to dump her. Pam is probably my favourite character. I love how she's so completely out of touch with human culture at the beginning of the series. Like when she hears about a baby shower for the first time. Fricking hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:38 pm

We also love Pam... really if the book just spun off with Eric and Pam I would be happy.. I do hate Bill. Sooky used to be funny and quirky.... and yes GASP!!! we do still have the odd forray onto their site still and chuck out terms like "dick lit" to see who gets into trouble first
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Yes, I still read the Anita Blake books. Yes they're dumb. No, I don't know why I still read them, most likely to feel better about myself somehow.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Lol. You know, I thought the same thing when I was still reading them after book 12. But then, I'm glad I did just for the scene with Nathaniel and Jason. What I wouldn't give to have been Anita in that scene. But then, I re-read that scene last year and was like.. o_O this isn't as hot as I remember it.

But yeah... I LOVE Jason and Nathaniel. They would be so cute together. And so fricking hot!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

For me, book 12 was where it all kind of turned into a big metaphysical emergency where the only option to save everyone is sex. There was a Jean-Claude and Asher scene with some Richard in the mix in Bullet, but it was from Anita's POV of course.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Dang...you guys got Daniel, too? I was way too busy finishing Lover Reborn. Shoot.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

don't worry Shay "he'll be back" and you have a fellow Twilight-hater in Daniel smile so if you have any questions for him you can post on this thread .. not about Twilight, obviously! and don't forget slow poke aka me hasn't finished DoD so please don't forget spoiler stars star

But we can ask about other shit..like Dark Soul - are you on book 2 yet, Daniel? I think #3 was my favourite of the bunch!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 am

Nah, I haven't started #2 yet. I've been busy working on a short story about a captain of a spaceship who picks up a stray guy and his pet Leopard, and tries to help him regain some of his memories before he was left on Earth.

I'll probably start #2 at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 am

Hi Daniel.......loved your book. Have raved about it here and to my facebook friends. heart heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

ooooh your short sounds interesting!! that's not Back Door though, right? and btw ... thanks so much for stopping by every now and then - we certainly didn't and don't expect it.... especially if it eats into your writing time. but thanks not worthy
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks, 2shay. Always makes me feel giddy when someone says they loved my book. Wasn't expecting such a great response since it's my first real piece of writing. Only thing I'd written before DoD was a bit of Naruto fanfiction, which I got about 9,000 words into before giving up on. So glad I stuck with writing though.

StillSwede wrote:
ooooh your short sounds interesting!! that's not Back Door though, right? and btw ... thanks so much for stopping by every now and then - we certainly didn't and don't expect it.... especially if it eats into your writing time. but thanks not worthy

It's no problem. Never too busy to drop by and reply to a few comments. And no, that's not The Back Door. It's part of the GoodReads MMRomance group's writing event where we're given pictures and prompts and have to write a short story from it. It'll be available as part of an anthology, and probably as a separate free story on ARe/Smashwords/Amazon too. I'll be working on The Back Door once this short is done, and then returning to edits on the second Daeva book in May... hopefully to get it ready for an August release. Was originally November, but I've pushed it forward to have it out before GayRomLit.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Yay!!! As you know (I think) a bunch of us are going to GRL.... We're a little bit excited. Just a tad. We are also going to YaoiCon the weekend before.
It is amazing that that is your first book - and such a nice big one. So many books these days seem to be shorter, and quickly pumped out. I love reading a book that takes me a while.
What I love about your writing is that it is clear and concise, but not flannel or superfluous - (like that just was!) what I mean is..... So often I need to go back and reread passages, thinking ok, who just said that, and to whom ? And where are they now? But I don't need to do that with your book.
I love those GR m/m books - it amazes me how you guys can up and run with a story from the little prompts.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Kaine

Daniel Kaine

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Coming up with a story from a prompt was difficult for me. I chose the prompt I did because it was left very open unlike a lot of the others. Of course, that made all sorts of other problems for me. My mind was going through so many different ideas that the story was threatening to end up a full-length novel instead of a short. Thankfully I've managed to cut it down a lot and it's probably gonna come out around 20-22k.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm so happy you pushed Origin of Darkness up to August!!!!! I'm dying for answers. Another reason to be happy about GRL. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy   Fantasy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: