Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:51 pm

happy dance Will post on her thread!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Awesome Shay. I don't believe there is any magic in it at all so I think you will enjoy it.
I think you will be an instant Marc fan too smile
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:47 pm

gracious-plenty wrote:
Awesome Shay. I don't believe there is any magic in it at all so I think you will enjoy it.
I think you will be an instant Marc fan too smile

Shay will love Marc. How can you not?

heart Marc heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Reading threw the last few pages of this thread. I think it would be nice to have a general thread for many different authors. Lately i've been reading books that are not listed here. I've just requested Janet Chapman from the library as my next set of books to read.

Shays recommendation of Pamela Clare was a good one. I've been reading them and absolutely love them. There just good ol fashion romance/suspense/ mystery. No supernatural stuff but you really don't need it for it to be good. Oh and the sex scenes are HAWT! Wink but not over done.

Who is the author of stray? Series is like crack?? Fill me in.. smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Starbrites - Rachel Vincent's Shifter series is PURE crack. It has ended so you won't have to go crazy waiting.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Shay, I'm going to try the I-team books. They sound interesting and I haven't read a lot of romance either. I have to be in the right mood. (heh heh, that doesn't sound right, but ya'll know what I mean, right?)

GP, I haven't read any historical romance, except for maybe one or two that were offered free on kindle. You've always given me good recommendations. Can you recommend a fave? Thanks chica linda.

On a side note, I just HAVE to say that I saw Jason Mamoa on Leno last night. Holy hotness!!!! HE IS BARRONS for me. drool Wink
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Stepanie Lauren's sinister series is absolutely hands down my fav!!

Then there is also my high school English teacher who hit the best seller list!!
She is so lovely and my idol star
Deanna Raybourn- Julia Grey series.

I probably own over three or so... I could give you quite a long list. Lol
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:06 am

Finished Jim Butcher's Ghost Story. I love, love, love this series and his latest didn't disappoint. Uap, this one should be fine for you smile

Just about to start Melissa Marr's latest adult novel, Graveminder.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 am

I have a few Melissa Marr's books on my kindle when they were a free download on Amazon. Gosh I have so many books to catch up on lol

Glad the latest Butcher didn't disappoint smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 am

Cali---YAY!! I can't say enough about how I enjoyed I-Team, and am thrilled that starbrites is enjoying it,too. Also, though it isn't a huge part of the stories, there is a lot of humor and some funny scenes.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 am

I checked them out too Shay and downloaded the first book to try out. Thanks for the recommendation. Now if only I can hurry and finish MS lol
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm finally reading The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook. Showme has only been nagging me to read this since it was released.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 pm

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
I'm finally reading The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook. Showme has only been nagging me to read this since it was released.

FINALLY!!!!!! cheers Now I can start nagging the rest of you! READ IT! cussing
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 am

Oh, it is really good, Fae! I don't even like steampunk, but I loved that book! Next one is out later this year, I think.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:35 am

b4v wrote:
Oh, it is really good, Fae! I don't even like steampunk, but I loved that book! Next one is out later this year, I think.

HEART OF STEEL (book 2 of the Iron Seas is out Nov.1, 2011. She has an anthology in Burning Up and another in ANGELS OF DARKNESS , Oct.4 2011. Both part of the Iron Seas world.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Showme, I was just thinking about this series and wondering when the next one was coming out. Thanks for the dates.

2SHAY!!!!! I was up very late finishing Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare. I loved it. Thanks so much for the recommendation. The sex was HOT! and I really enjoyed the story. I found myself getting wrapped up in the investigative journalism and then I read that the author had a career as a very successful journalist before becoming a novelist.--makes sense why the mystery was so good. I also loved that the main character was a single mom. Very good. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Calimama~ the books by Pamela Clare get better as they go.. I just started the last one this morning. You definitely have to read all of them!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

heart So glad you guys are enjoying I-Team. "Do women really taste like tuna?". That whole exchange at the bar cracked me up! roflmao
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Good to know Starbrites I'm going to try to hold off on the next one for at least a few days so I can get some sleep. coffee
A few weeks ago I saw this documentary called Mann vs. Ford on HBO about how Ford dumped toxic waste into the environment and poisoned a community for years, so the whole environmental dumping thing was on my mind. It's so horrible and truly scary.

LOL 2shay. The purple jiggle stick had me cracking up.

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah, how many ways can a child find to embarrass his mommy?

I thought the environmental story was really good, too. Started falling in love with the team.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Alright, I'll add it to my list ladies!! Thanks air kiss
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:36 pm

wine
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 am

Started Jim Butcher's Ghost story last night. So far so good and in a weird way the analysis of being a ghost, life and death, etc is somewhat comforting.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm so glad, uap hugs
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 pm

I finished The Iron Duke. It was pretty good. I like the alternate history aspects more than the Steampunk aspects. Steampunk just isn't my genre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next