Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 am

That series is still on my TBR pile. Really would like to get to this one and soon! pirate
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 am

Oh you should, they are so good.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 pm

So I finished The Dark Tide and as everybody expected I absolutely loved it will expand in proper thread. Now I'm gonna start JE's Tangled Threads (already did a quick sweep of Venom to get the juicy Owen parts)!!!! yummy
And still in the middle of also listening DG's Drums of Autumn; I tell you there are just not enough hours in the day!!!! devil
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Sabby, you reminded me that Tangled Threads comes out today. How is it? Is it fabulous? Should I drop what I'm reading and pick it up now?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 am

I'm 200 pages into Tangled Threads and it's good. Violent!!! Of course there are more yummy Owen bits! HE is a hell of a man heart

OMG the Dark Tide left me feeling high! I loved it.

Next up for me is Josh Lanyon's newest This Rough Magic. Then Snow Ho by our fellow member Ethan Day. I keep hearing how this is one of the funniest books ever and steamy too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 am

Showme, that's good to hear. I just started Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh. I'm trying to catch up before Hawke's book comes out. After reading your post though, I think I'm going to put it on hold to pick up Tangled Threads. Thanks girlfriend.

I still have Jake and Adrien on the mind. heart them.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 am

Finished Green-Eyed Demon. Well worth the detour, thanks for pimping this series g-p!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

calimama, Im just on pg 130 so far of Tangled threads but absolutely things are ramping up quite a bit; and were supposed to be getting a lot of OWEN!!! So how could you go wrong!?!?!?! bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

I am so glad happy dance
Isn't Gigi the greatest? I adore the hairless cat/demon :purr:
There is a short that explains the Valva disappearence called Velvet Tendencies that just came out. I haven't been able to read it yet, but I wanted to mention it to you just in case you were not aware of it. JW is a very clever writer. Very Chloe Neill to me I think.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Another convert into the Giguhlverse! :cheer:

Violet Tendencies was good, and explained quite a bit. Very short, but fun! Don't wait too long after GED to read it, it's easy to forget the little hints and references that Violet Tendencies explains.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Dangit, I wrote a long post about Vampire Vow by Michael Schiefelbein and lost it. I talked about it some in the chatbox, and thought I'd follow up with a post here.

I'll just sum up by saying that if you want to read a bizarre and offensive antihero vampire story, I've got the perfect book for ya. It's about Victor, a roman soldier who falls in love with Jesus. Jesus' rejection of Victor's affection starts a downward 2000-year long spiral that includes murder, rape, a vow of revenge against god, and all kinds of gory mayhem.
My bookclub was extremely divided over this book, a couple LOVED it, and couple hated it vehemently, one refused outright to read it, and several of us (including me!) were conflicted. I was the only one that found parts of it unintenionally funny. But hey, controversy taken this far is hysterical, dammit!

It's well written, thought-provoking, but hardly a light enjoyable read. I admit I got a kick out of the controversy, and that alone make reading it worthwhile for me.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 am

Violet Tendencies isn't available for Australia cussing Mad Feel free to PM me a summary, though flirty
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:38 am

I am absorbed in Karyn Monk's "the Witch and the Warrior"
13C castles, Scottish and English warriors. Seers (funny the seer is called Morag just like in another series). The Laird stole a healer women her from a witches burning at the stake in order to heal the laird's son while trying nor to fall for the laird. The rival lairds brother is after her and threatening war over something she possess. Obviously it is a romance so I'm sure everything will work out, but it really is well done for historical romance.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Finished JE's Tangled Threads a couple of days ago and LOVED it!!! I'm loving the progression of Gin and Owen's relationship!!! Whoever else has read it PM so we can discuss further secret. Also finished the first H&M from JL.... there were some hilarious parts but didnt love it as much as the AE series.
And am still listening to DG's Drums of Autumn (39 CD's--42 hours)!!!!!!
Tonight will also start CN's Hard Bitten!!!
I LOVE THE SPRING!!! twirling in love
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm reading Tangled Threads. I'll get there, sabby. Honestly.

Yeah, nothing really compares to Jake and Adrien.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I finished it Sabby! secret
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

I finished Tangled Threads. Love Owen, he's my favorite character in the series heart
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:01 pm

heart Owen. Finnegan and the mistletoe was great too.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Decided to catch up on some of the books I've had waiting on my kindle for awhile while I'm waiting for HB and DR. Finished Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler. It was really, really good - but be warned, keep tissues handy! very sad It's free on kindle and the second in the trilogy will be out later this year.

Last edited by b4v on Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Good choice b4v! I can't believe that Blood Hunt hasn't been picked up by a publisher (yet). Exhibit A for how tough the writing business can be, I guess.

star Blood That Bonds star

BIG Spoiler:

So do you think he's really dead? I have my suspicions, but Chris Buecheler ain't talking. Humph.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm

He told me.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:57 pm

I really, really, really hope so, dopple. OMG I cried like my heart had been broken! It was even worse than the character from Kim Harrison's series. How did you get the low down, Fae?!! I'm not sure I want to know: if it's not good news, I don't know if I could bring myself to read the next book!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:50 pm

About a year ago Beucheler was on the CH board and challenged us to read it and tell him what we thought. I did and made a few comments about some phrasing and metaphors present throughout the book. His state of being came up in my discussions and my question was answered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

he would be a great author to get on here .... Fae do you want to tackle him?? or shall we wait til after we Trina, Chloe, Jordan and Ethan?? guess we dont want to approach too early hey?

yes B4V i too loved that book - tears'n'all!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:08 am

spoilers Blood That Bonds spoilers
confused In the last post, I meant really really really hoped there is a good surprise in store, and he isn't gone for good.

Last edited by b4v on Tue May 03, 2011 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because apparently I can't type!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 10 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next