Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
b4v

b4v

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 am

I'm adding CH's Harper series to the list. It's not too full on for an unsure beginner Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Wow. Just finished Hard Evidence, the second book in Pamela Clare's I-Team series. Wow. Julian Darcangelo has just joined the ranks of the hottest fictional men I've ever read. Sheesh....I sure wish someone would join me on these. Nah....if you don't like myster/romance with extremely freakin' hot sex, you probably wouldn't enjoy them. twirling
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 pm

A lot of Pamela Clare fans think that book 3, Unlawful Contact, is the best book of the series. I am downloading it right now, but probably won't get to start on it until tonight.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 am

I really liked CH's Harper series.

I can't find the thread but wanted offer the first two books of the Romano Albright series. They are lendable for NOOK. L.B. Gregg is the author and she is here for a chat on the 30th if anyone wants a GREAT free read. Let me know smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 pm

star Naked Edge star
Almost through this 4th book in the I-Team series. Bawling....need tissues....I know this is romance and there will be an HEA....but, damn the suspense is intense!

ETA: oh, man! So good. I am rereading BreakingPoint next. The latest book in the series...that I read first cause I didn't know ..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 pm

No one is ever going to read these books, so I am going go post some spoilers for
star The I-Team star
Early pages of book one....female protag drinks too much, asks a hot guy if women really taste like tuna..

First date...4 year old son comes running into the hallway yelling..mommy, mommy what is the big purple jelly thing.....waving her dildo right in front of her date...the state senator..
Another sex toy I met in this series.....pink, covered in pearls, very large, battery-operated...twists and curls when turned on....brand new friend...not yet boyfriend finds it while searching her house to make sure she doesn't get caught in a
drug bust.

Both sex toys get used during the telling of these stories!

Brand new married couple. Two off the married men from earlier hea's volunteer to help paint the house. New guy is very grateful until older guys tell him they aren't doing it for him. New guy looks around and sees that the single women from the newspaper are sitting in the yard on lawn chairs.....watching. New guy pulls off his shirt....drinks water...letting some trickle down his chest, hears young, single women in yard moan...older guys tell him he will get his reward from his new wife later tonight...new guy smiles and casually flexes.

Did I mention that not only does Pamela Clare write a great story, she writes freakin' hot sex?

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 pm

2shay~ PM the list of books in order if you could and i'll request them from my library. I was cracking up with you above post. I'm always up for trying a new series!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Ooooh, gadgets and toys! That's a flavor of kink I haven't read yet - sounds funny and sexy!
Consider it added to the tbr list, shay!

I've been enjoying HAMMERED by Kevin Hearne. Kevin writes a good blog, and I thought of Shay and puppy Bree when I read this post of his:
Linky
Scroll about halfway to the bottom of the page to see why (On Kevin's site, not here). shay\\'s baby
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 pm

OMG!! Dopple...Thank you so much for that link! I have read some of your posts about Hexed and Hounded, but they sounded like too much magic for my taste, so I didn't buy them. But...but...I will buy them all...whether I read them or not....cause Sophie has to eat. And she needs toys. And a good, warm house. She needs things and I can never refuse a Boston Terrier anything...! Oh, the writer....whatever his name is...can share!

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:10 pm

LOL Everyone has their soft spot.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:15 pm

What I originally came to say, is that Pamela Clare has a novella...2.99 on Amazon...called Heaven Can't Wait. It is a bit of a prequel to the I-Team series. It is not the heavy drama and suspense of the series. In fact, it is a hilarious, erotic romp for two people about to get married who decided not to have sex for 2 weeks before their wedding. There is a bet. And the games begin. This might be a good place to start if you have any interest in this series. Be warned, though, this isn't much like the main series. Except for the sex.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

Well. I purchased the 3 Kevin Hearne books. I guess I will have to tell myself that it was a donation to Sophie, cause I can't read 'em. At the off page hook up between the forest goddess and the Druid guy....I quit. Too magical/fantasy/kiddie for me. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Shay, it took me a while to get into this book, but I did end up liking it and am looking forward to getting the next book, but I can understand that not everything is for everyone, I haven't really managed to get into the Ritter series *ducks head, running fir cover* be right back
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 pm

I got the Druid Chronicles from the library. I like them. Will probably never reread them.

I love the Rifter!!!! I was hooked during the second book. I guess I like the puzzle pieces that we get. It really is a fascinating world but if you don't like it, don't read it. We don't all have to love the same stuff. I just finished Ginn's Wicked Gentlemen and it was very good too!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:53 pm

I love all I've read by Ginn Hale. But, I can handle all the magic and fantasy stuff just fine. One book that many people seem to LOVE that I simply can't force myself to finish is Outlander. Whereas I do think all the pimping we do to each other helps us choose our books; we are all still individuals with distinct tastes and opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 am

yes..like..like..you all are right - we don't all have to like the same books, granted - most of the time we do though LOL yep I think Ginn Hale is an amazing writer - she writes descriptive text that is so detailed yet doesn't ever bore or weigh down the story.. 2 weeks til rifter twirling (ish)
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:03 am

I want to get one of Ginn's other books that aren't so heavily fantasy based, because I like her writing, just couldn't really get into the rifter story. If I could get rifter from the library, I probably would have stuck with it smile What's your recommendation for one of her other books?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 am

Wicked Gentlemen is SENSATIONAL!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 am

Oh noes, Shay! You bought all three? Well, you did a good thing for a fellow Boston lover, if nothing else. no idea
Sorry you didn't like HOUNDED. I've been having fun reading the series (although I will say book 3 is weaker than the first 2, right showme?). But it doesn't have a romance, or even an emotional hook like other books that are popular on these boards. It's comedic urban fantasy.
Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps that's why book 3 seems slow, Hearne is adding in some backstory for the characters, and it just doesn't fit the usual tone. I want to get past the sappy stuff and get back to the funny!

I do really want to pick up the Rifter series....just not sure where to fit it in!! Each installment is fairly short, right?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 am

Fae....funny that you mentioned Outlander. I have gotten 3 of my rl friends onto Outlander. 1 of them just loved it, the other 2 laid it down with a groan and never got more than half way through. I love it so much that I can't help but recommend it, but I know lots of people will never like it. You just shrug and know that we still share a love for many different books and series and blow off the rest. No big thing. twirling
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 am

Dopple--My book shelves and my kindle are just crammed with stuff I thought I would like, and then never read very far into. Really, it's the magic/fantasy stuff. The only series I've stayed with that is heavy on magic is Kate Daniels. With the exception of Kate, at the firs mention of "spell casting", I'm out of there. bye But Kate has all those great shifters...and.... curran Can't get enough.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 am

Doppleganger wrote:
I've been having fun reading the series (although I will say book 3 is weaker than the first 2, right showme?).

I do really want to pick up the Rifter series....just not sure where to fit it in!! Each installment is fairly short, right?

I'm not liking Hammered as much. I put it down for now. I have it until Friday.

The Rifter installments are around 150 pages. You have to give it to the second book. They are short. Next on out second Tues of Aug. It reminds me of Fever (minus a Barrons add a Kyle). Ginn gives you pieces so you have to theorize. The last book ended with a shock and the next book takes us back to the BOAT!!!! happy dance
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 am

b4v I would say Ginn Hale's stories in the Hell Cop anthologies would be a good place to start. They are Urban Fantasy so there is world building, but you don't get so lost in it you lose the story itself. Despite all the demons and sorcerers the Hell Cop stories are primarily about cops and bad guys.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 am

I know how that goes Shay! My kindle is full of books that sounded good enough to buy, but when I want to start a new book, theres always something more exciting to pick up.

My reading moods change a lot. But I always seem to drift back to vampire books, of whatever genre.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah...Dopple...the vamps are still my favorites...in fact, I am thinking about doing a reread of BDB...

By the way....I liked Hell Cops....probably won't ever reread, but they were certainly a fun read.

Right now, I am re reading Cut and Run....the early relationship between Zane and Ty is just so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next