Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Chloe Neill - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, the next book is due out in Nov. The series is continuing even if we don't like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:54 pm

The tattoo is in the first book when Merit walks in on Ethan having sex with what's her name. Ethan is naked and she looks at the tattoo on his leg. The significance of the tattoo is on Meritverse in CN's Q&A section but I am too tired to look for it.... Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:03 pm

star HB star

Well, others have already said it. This was as much Ethan's story as Merit's. Even though it's Merit's pov, Ethan was always in her head and, consequently, in ours. Even if he comes back in some form, it will seem contrived. I just don't know how CN expects to pull this off. As a ghost? Doesn't work for me. As a re-animated, magically called, zombie-like creature? Nope, doesn't work for me. The dark magic? No. I don't see a way out. CN has killed half the reason for reading the series. I haven't pre-ordered the next nook, and I doubt now that I will be interested in buying it at all. Too bad.. I really liked this series.........until today.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:13 pm

ok this is what I got from CN's Meritverse Boards

Script tattoo back right calf

What does Ethan's tatoo mean?

I'm sorry to have to start with this, but it happens. Ahem. Sorry, but that's a spoiler.

Also she has metioned that Vamp's can't have babies either.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm

star star

She said the tattoo is a spoiler. So some think it's going to be magic in origin. But it's as gone now,ashes to ashes......
Honestly how the heck can she do in the next book that she wants us to trust her, and do it well that we aren't rolling our eyes? And Mad

star star
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:18 pm

star star star spoilers

I'm not at all happy about it. I wish it never happened. I will read the next one. I'm totally invested in Ethan and Merit. I really hope it's believable when he comes back. I WANT/NEED him back as he was.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:18 am

star HB
I was thinking the same thing about Celina- as badass as she was... for a magically inclined politician to control her didn't make any sense. She does not go down that easy, so how could she be controlled and then taken out so easy? But now that you mentioned it- maybe they both had to die- him giving his life for her and she with him for her to trans-mutate into something more evil and maybe some black magic will bring them both back? Maybe this was a part of her plan. Maybe she just pretended to be swayed by Tate but never was?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:48 am

star HB
But remember Merit wasn't a normal vamp so who knows about babies, even though I am thinking no....but yet she does eat so much more than other vamps!
I still think there is more to it than Celina being mad that Merit's dad didn't pay her to turn Merit after offering to pay Ethan. I think she was after Merit for a bigger reason. And the name Caroline after her dead sister. Did they perform some magical act on her when she was a baby? Is she genetically her sister (like some weird DNA thing like cloning her)?
And how can the tattoo be a spoiler if Ethan is dead and can't reveal it to her? How would we find out?

Last edited by uapeople on Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo and clarity)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

star HB star

Mhrmmpt....... cussing
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:20 am

star HB
why!!! very sad cussing wtf finger
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Weeeelllll.....uap....so glad to see you share my opinion.....!! why!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:17 pm

star HB star

Ethan was in our polls!! omg Does that mean he has to forfeit any wins? Did he have any wins? omg
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:25 pm

star star

LOL uap..I feel the same way.

I don't mind ending a book feeling sad,etc But Mad is a feeling I don't want and makes me not want to read the book or any new book.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Ok, I started and I am about 120 pages in. I am why!!! freaking out because every one keeps telling me oh just wait until you get to the end. Bama was texting me last night taunting me that she wanted me to take a picture of myself when I read the end. I AM SCARED!!!!!!!! Maybe if I take a week to read it the end won't be so bad.

Of course, I will probably finish it tonight and will come back and why!!! some more and read all your lovely posts.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Lips are zipped
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:14 pm

star star star star

I'm feeling a little better. It's getting easier to believe there is no way in hell that Ethan will stay gone. No way! It would totally ruin the series and why would she do that? I still wish it had never happened. I don't think it's going to make the story any better. I'm finally crawling out of my sad/mad place. why!!! I think that's over for me. Until the next book if he isn't back where he belongs.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Yay whit
hugs draw u heart
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:09 am

Okay, I have to confess, too! I am over my snit......sort of. I will certainly read the next book.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm

spoilers HB
omg kick me why!!! omg Sad
Well I knew the big bad was coming but I hoped it wasn't that!

Ok, Ethan is not dead! Say it with me Ethan is not dead!
I am going to post my thoughts and then go back and read what you guys have read.

It was really good but it took me forever to finish because I knew the last 20 pages were going to be hell. So I was savoring the rest.

That was the hottest non-kiss I have ever read.

I know CN tells us to trust her and I am going to - either that or I am just in some serious denial.

Ethan isn't dead I am willing to bet it is Jonah that got staked. Tate was a powerful enough sorcerer to have Celina under his control. I am betting Jonah came in to save her. Then he says "your eyes are silvered" to her. It is obvious Merit is under some sort of spell. Know one knows Jonah and Merit have anything to do with each other and Jonah was probably following her or something. She doesn't mention him at the funeral, but she isn't exactly thinking about anything but Ethan anyhow.

Then at the end with the dream and Merit hears "Merit" and it wakes her up, that was Ethan returning to the house. I know when she opens that office door he is going to be in there talking to Malik. Wishful thinking, denial!!!! LOL
Ethan is not dead!

So where was he? I am thinking the GP nabbed him for some sort of punishment or something and took him to Europe for 2 weeks. Poor Merit - I am not sure if she is going to be relieved or pissed.

Oh - Darius is a douche! But the biggest douche of all is her father!!!!! SOB

It was a great book. I forgot how funny they all are! I just love that. I am so glad the next book is in November because I don't think I could make it a full year.

Ok, I am going to read everyone's posts and see what your theories are.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Wow, that is some theory Oh Yes! I hope you are right pray
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:32 pm

star HB star

OhYes--Bless you! not worthy That is the only theory that makes Ethan be okay. I sooo hope you are right.

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add spoiler stars for Shay ;))
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:07 pm

I absolutely love your form of denial.. ☀
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:12 pm

star HB
It makes sense if you go back and reread it calmly, not freaking out, because he is a pile of ash on the floor. Jonah has a crush on Merit so he was probably following her. I don't think she called him or anything before she went to the guys house, IDK I can't remember. But if you read the dialogue it could be Ethan or a totally mesmerized Merit who thinks Jonah is Ethan. Or maybe it was some other vamp. If not why were Merit's eyes silvered?

CN says to trust her and I will until at least the next book. I really don't think she would make us fall more in love with Ethan in this book and then let him die, for real. I guess the magic theories and the tattoo or him being a ghost or a zombie are possible, but like you said that would just be weird. But trust her I will. It is too wonderful of a group of characters not to. But if Ethan doesn't reappear or I don't love the next book I might be done with it too.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:29 pm

/star HB star

Now you are making me think I should go back and reread that part but will it suck me back down? I think it's too soon for me to revisit but I like it!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:17 am

star HB star
So yes, I am still obsessing. But the whole way Ethan dies – the silvering in the eyes, the way Malik acts – it all is not making sense to me – something is off. I am giving you guys my notes – sorry it is so long, but I have a new theory in there two which I like better for some reason. I am such a dork!

“OY’s Delusions or Denial about Ethan”
V works on lowering your inhibitions – thus why Merit and Ethan practically do it in the hall at Grey House.
V also increase adrenaline because it of those lowered inhibitions – all the fighting vamps.
Tate added the magic binder in V – his own magic signature.
Tate is not human but we don’t know what type of supe he is.
Tate’s magic is much stronger than Catcher’s or Mallory’s – heavier and oilier.
“Like I imagined him into being, Ethan suddenly burst into…” – right before this he is talking about Ethan and her father. Her heart is racing, the room goes dim. We think it is because of what he is telling her, but maybe his magic is lowering her inhibitions. Notice she says “Tate was in the room but he had all but disappeared.” This has something to do with the magic I think. Also, right before that Tate is explaining about her father and she even says to herself, wait that is not right, like she isn’t really thinking clearly.

Here is their (Ethan/Jonah/Malik???) whole dialogue:
“Are you all right” – “Your eyes are silvered” – “What did you do to her?”
“Tate said you met with my father. That he paid you to make me a vampire.”
“Merit I can explain.”
“I trusted you.”
“That is not how it went.”
She never calls him Ethan – So what if Jonah or whomever it is, was the one who drained her for Tate or her dad? We have never found out what vampire did, right?
Then Celina chimes in blah blah blah and throws the stake.

Regarding my first theory and where then is Ethan:
I am changing my theory that Ethan is in Europe because if the GP wanted him I imagine Darius would have just taken him with him. My new theory is that McKeltrick (sp) has him that he kidnapped him when he was on his way to get Merit.

My other theory which for some reason I am starting to like better:
Malik, Catcher, her grandfather, and two officers burst into the room. At one point I was wondering about Malik actually being Ethan in Tate’s office because he holds her, she hears Ethan’s voice when Malik speaks and tells her “Merit stop, be still” which is Ethan’s line (literally or figuratively) – he says that to her that morning and the night before as well. If you reread 338 and 339 – Malik reminds me a lot of Ethan.

Malik was with Ethan when he turned her so the conversation he has with her would make sense.

So would that mean that Malik was killed and not Ethan. Maybe Malik and Ethan came together and then Malik insisted on going in, because he didn’t want to endanger Ethan. Tate seeing Malik switched them, appearance wise, so when she saw Ethan he was hoping she would kill him for Tate. When Malik was killed it made it permanent. I suspect Ethan is trapped in Malik’s body and may not know it. Bet you Malik has a tattoo on his leg. Wink

The Dreams:
In the first dream the night before, she hears the “thump, thump, thump” in her dream which was actually the “knock, knock, knock” on Ethan’s door waking them up. In the last dream, she closes her eyes in her dream and they lay on the grass with their hands linked. Then she says she with her eyes still closed she heard him scream her name “Merit” like he was in her room.

And now I am going to bed ----- :D

Last edited by Oh Yes on Sun May 08, 2011 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot my stars!!!!! :star:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next