Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADRIEN ENGLISH

Go down 
+10
DEW
sabby
Dragonlady
showmethelove
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
b4v

b4v

ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:45 am

I got The Dark Tide on kindle from amazon. What e-reader do you use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:34 am

I bought it from Amazon too.... pirate
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:23 am

I bought it from fictionwise, as an eBook.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:38 am

sabby--I got it on amazon on my kindle......shit, girl.....not getting the last book would have put me in a withdrawal stupor!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 am

Hey everyone, sorry for the melodramatics; it was very late last night when I wrote last and as 2shay wrote I was having heavy withdrawal symptoms!!!

But yeah for whatever reason Amazon does not have an option to purchase Dark Tide now as an e-book?? I tried last night and again now, I put in to order it as an e-book..... that is really weird that so many of you have been able to. I did search on fictionwise and voila its there, thanks FLF. I had looked on B&N but there was nothing didnt know about fictionwise. But am gonna refrain purchase until tomorrow (if I can handle it).

No e-reader yet for me b4v, I've said Id probably get one in late May for my bday...... but now with this little experience not sure if thats a good idea?? So easy to get caught up in unrelenting desire... twirling uuuummm as you can see I can become a little neurotic.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:49 am

You're actually thinking about waiting to read it? Really?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:53 am

Well, today is sort of Easter Sunday. I can, comprehend, of waiting, even if I don't really understand.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah its Easter Sunday..... of which I have done nothing but recover from several late nights of reading and listening. Between this series and DG's Outlander series I'm pooped!!! :nite:
But with that said..... yeah I'm not sure I'll last the whole day, its just that I didnt want to buy it from a different source that way they would all be available in the same cyber space/shelf. I know it doesnt make sense; did I not say I'm neurotic!!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

That actually makes perfect sense to me. I have the first two AE books from B&N in one area and the other 3 from fictionwise in a different one. It's frustrating to have half an authors work in documents and the other half in my library, but the need to read always wins.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:03 am

lol! No, I understand. It took me quite a while to decide to get my kindle, but I'm glad I did. It saves a lot if bookshelf space! I only asked 'cause I checked to see if The Dark Tide was still available for kindle on amazon and it is, so thought you must have a nook or something and perhaps it wasn't available in the correct format for that. At least you found a copy you can get, I would have been pulling out my hair if I had thought I couldn't when I was reading the series! tantrum
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:43 am

sabby--I am anxious to hear what you think about The Dark Tide. Hurry.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:16 am

LMAO, so yeah I finally was able to purchase on amazon The Dark Tide last night; I just had to go to specific drop down that lead me to kindle store; which I didnt have to with the others??? Oh well, so I'll get started tonight and let u all know what I think. And than i apparently have a LOT of other Josh books to get into. Yeah I'm fairly unorganized in everyother aspect of my life except for my books!!! Like I hate when in the middle of a series it turns from soft cover to hard because then they dont match on my shelf?!?! no idea Rolling Eyes So figure that neurosis has continued on to my sparse cyber shelves as well....... everything in the correct place??

Yeah I know I will still probably get an e-reader for b-day; I'm just hoping I can handle all that temptation!!!! in love For these books have just been reading them off my mac and droid.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 am

sabby--With that siggy, I don't know how you concentrate on a book anyway! pirate
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 pm

So finished The Dark Tide star
and absolutely loved it!!! FLF you were right there was redemption at the end for Jake. I definitely loved how the story unfolded with Adrien being naturally reticent to start again with Jake after everything. Love how Adrien was getting flooded with attention from all his X's he deserved it. Even though Mel ended up being a total insensitive asshole!!! Mad But it was definitely good to see how far Jake had come since the beginning of this story; it was definitely a very compelling journey.

My only complaint would be because the ending was so sad (although very poignant and realistic) that there could have been another chapter or prologue just to give us a peek of them happy together..... maybe a snippet of Jake and Adrien in London with the family??? But heart heart heart their story!!! Thanks for the reco guys!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm

i think we are getting a Xmas short in 2012 Wink are you coming to chat on saturday?
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 pm

I finished Dark Tide a couple of days ago and I haven't commented on it yet. I'm still on a Jake and Adrien high. I loved the metaphor of the "dark tide" and the parrallels drawn with the retired cop's story. It made Jake and Adrien's journey even more powerful, if that's even possible. I also appreciated that Adrien was hesitant to jump right back into a relationship with Jake again.
I didn't have a clue about the identity of the killer until it was spelled out for me. In other books I've been able to make a good guess, but not so in this book.
I agree with you, Sabby, that it would have been nice to have an epilogue or another chapter in which we glimpsed Jake and Adrien in a happier and lighter place. Ultimately, I was satisfied with the ending though.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 am

Usually I like a little epilogue or glimpse into the future for much loved characters, but I have to say in this case I kind of like the way it ended. The series was very much about their journey (especially Jake's of self acceptance) and that story was told where the series ended. Also, it gives me hope that there may be future little glimpses of Adrien and Jake in the shape of short stories, like the possible xmas short that Swede mentioned pray .
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 am

star Series Ending star

The end of the Adrien English series did come full circle in poetic fashion. As much as I'd love to get another glimpse of Adrien and Jakes happy future together, I was satisfied with where they're story left off.

One reason a short would be nice is Josh's tendency to swing from happy/hopeful ending in one book to a sad beginning in the next. Makes me want proof that they did indeed wind up happy together!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

spoilers series ending spoilers

For me the assurances they would have a happy ending came while they were chatting in bed about moving to the Porter Ranch house together. The rest just cleaned up the mystery of who the killer was.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 am

star series ending star

No I thought the ending definitely did come full circle (especially for Jake). And the last intimate scene with them considering possibilities for the future was great; especially their little new addition!!! LOL but I guess I just loved them so much wanted a bit more...... cant blame a girl Sad . I would love a short, hopefully will get a lovely glimpse!! ☀
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:05 pm

And the cat! The poor cat keeps getting left out of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 pm

star series end star

why!!!

**snort** I've been wanting to say sonething dramatic about losing Adrien and Jake!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 pm

star The Dark Tide star

I did at some point suspect the cop to be the perp; but never suspected those motives. I was thinking simple good cop turns bad, like Alonso. And because of the ranch he had I thought it was a little suspicious that and X cop had a ranch in California with horses; so thought maybe he had taken the booty. But agree that the motives explained helped to give a good parallel to Jakes story. And made Jakes journey that much more poignant of what could've been without Adrien. very sad And the hardships of so many others!! Yup cant stop thinking about these two!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 am

sabby--Jake and Adrien's story is a morality tale. Almost Shakespearian. Classic.
Back to top Go down
jennysmum

jennysmum

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 am

This is a link to some of the pictures of Whitby by John Atkinson Grimshaw. http://tinyurl.com/6auefuy I'm really excited, there is an exhibition of his work on about an hour from here so Hubby and I are going to go. I don't know how much Lisa will have had to pay for hers, but they are into the hunderds of thousands! not a bad little gift!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: