Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADRIEN ENGLISH

Go down 
+10
DEW
sabby
Dragonlady
showmethelove
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 pm

How far we have come!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:29 pm

It's hard to believe that was just a year ago!

I've never reread Adrien all the way through. I'll never reread Dark Horse either. Some of the best stuff I've ever read but emotional.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Yep. CUTYS is like that for me. Not sure I will ever be able to reread it. btw ... Dark Horse - contemporary or cowboy? I say contemp. Horses don't make it cowboy, right?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I'd call it contemporary.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:32 am

I finished book 3 this morning. Last night I almost had a melt down when Jake came on in and told Adrien he was going to marry Kate. I could not believe it. What the hell is wrong with Jake anyway. I am so pissed at him. I do get that he never said he was more to Adrien then he let on but damn I had such high hopes for him. I about screamed out loud when Jake pushed Adrien into the table. He was being such a dick. I think the reason he behaves the way he does is because he really did feel something and it scared the hell out of him but me bitching about it will not change it so I am off to start book 4.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 am

It gets both better and worse. I think it killed Jake to tell Adrien he was marrying Kate. I don't think it scared him that he was in love with Adrien but that he felt there was nothing he could do about it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 am

I know this is not a logical feeling with this being a book and all but I feel Fucking betrayed! Adrien meets Kane at the resturant and he tell him that he and Jake have been lovers for 5 years. And that he thought Adrien new about him sense he new that Jake and Adrien had been together! I almost started to crying! What the hell is going on???
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 am

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
It gets both better and worse. I think it killed Jake to tell Adrien he was marrying Kate. I don't think it scared him that he was in love with Adrien but that he felt there was nothing he could do about it.

True. Jake always said he wanted a "Normal" life. One with a wife and kids. But now that I have started the 4th book and above this post I wrote was I was feeling at that moment. Now I am calming myself. I just don't understand why Jake broke it off with Adrien to get married when he was still seeing this kane guy. I thought Jake said he wanted a real marriage.

These books are emotional.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 am

I remember feeling like everything happening to Adrien, was happening to me. I was such a mess but Adrien was so calm about it all. I cried when Jake told Adrien about him marrying Kate. When I found out about Kane I wanted to scream and cry. I need to reread this series. It really is amazing. I'm pretty sure my heart would break again and I know I'd cry.

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 am

I swear if there is not a happy ending insight I will CRY and I will cry hard. I understand what you mean. I feel the same way. I just wish we could know what Jake is thinking some of the times.

Guy and Adrien just got into a huge fight. Guy said Jake used to sit across from the bookstore and watch for Adrien. Maybe he really does feel more then I have been thinking. I still fell betrayed thinking bout him and Kane but in truth Jake never said that he was not still going on with other men.

Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 am

He didn't but it still hurts Sad I was surprised how much I understood Jake's struggle in all this considering her broke my/Adrien's heart.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Keep reading. Problems get resolved and questions get answered. It's gonna be okay.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Ok! I'll do my best to just breathe and stay calm. Of course after I bitch a little.. smile

I could not believe that Kane had Adrien stick around on his boat so he could see Jake coming to see him. That is just twisted! I hope Kane is the murderer and Jake realizes he's an ASS and locks his sorry butt away! smile Sorry getting a little hostile..
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Kane ain't right. In the head.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 pm

I agree!

I am shocked! I so did not see it coming when Jake said he wanted to be in Aidens life and Aiden basically says no. I REALLY did not think he would say no but then again.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

I didn't want him to turn down Jake but was proud of him for realizing he was worth more than being a married man's secret. It was a long time coming and took a lot of hurt to get there.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Me too. I understand why he said no. I just never thought it would happen the way it did. I really do want them to be able to be friends. I wish there was a way for them to be more. I wish Jake could make up his mind on what he really truly wants and go after it and stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Starbrite love reading you posts, especially when I know how it all works out Wink It's a wonderful journey glad you are enjoying it. Your making me want to go re-read now lol.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I finished book 4! Being sick and couch bound with covers all day with nothing on TV really freed my day to read.

WOW! The ending of that one was something else. I am in complete shock right now. I don't know what to say.

GC I am loving these. There is such a journey going on. I can't wait to finish out this series. I just need to know how it all ends! Then I am going to have to go back to stand alone books for a little bit cause nothing get's me going more then reading books that are part of a series..

After dinner and clean up it is onto the last book.. I am excited to see how this is all going to play out.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 am

I finished the series. These books were fantastic. I loved them.

Will Josh be writing anymore Adrien English books or is he set with that being the very end? It seems with the way the book ended (I was so freaking happy with how things worked out) That there still could be more to come with those 2 if the Author chose to down the road. I mean Jake opening up shop at the book store, Them moving into the big house together. Hell, I'm kinda wondering if Nat and Angus end up hooking up down the road.. smile All I know is that I loved each book and there were some times when I thought I would either cry myself crazy or throw the kindle to the floor cause things were not going the way I thought they should. Such an incredible journey Loved every minute of it..

I heart Adrien & Jake

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 am

http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/2011/12/21/flying-highadrien-jake-interview/

Personally I don't think he should try to write another full book in this series. For me the story was about how they got together. Now they are together the story feels over for me. I'll read shorts though!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Right Fayes already onto it with the link. I'm pretty sure there were no more plans for anymore in the series. So where to from here Starbrites? You only have another 30 or so of Josh's books to got smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Read the interview. Loved it! Also looked around a bit and read a Will and Taylor interview as well. Love those guys too.

I won't start the Holmes and ? Series till later this week. I hope anyway. JL has many books that look really good but picking which to get will be a challenge.

What are some other favorites of his that you all like?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

The Holmes and Moriarity books are really good. I also like his various Christmas stories. Come Unto These Yellow Sands was incredibly good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: