Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series

Go down 
+6
Oh Yes
Doppleganger
uapeople
sabby
2shay
Greencat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh you are going to have so much fun, hope you feel better! Yes, lots of pictures of kilts!!!! Wink

star Drums star
Ok I didn't read too much last night, but I have got Roger on his ship in the right year. He is on the boat with Stephen Bonnet - who is wearing Claire's ring!!! OMG prick! Is he going to catch up with Brianna in Cross Creek and Brianna is going to recognize it? I just want them to get safely to Claire and Jamie.

Oh, and I am scared by Jamie's letters about what happened to Wee Willie!!!!! Yikes, I hope he is okay, but I fear he is not. Glad wee Ian is though, he is by far one of my favorite characters. He is so cute and honest - a little mini-Jamie.

I love how you read about the pig in the pantry and then find out the how and the why it got there later in his letters to Jenny. The sloooooowwwwwww reveal on so many little things, it is fun to read an author who does that.

Now, for the big decision. I am driving to Houston on Friday to see CH, and I only have 350 pages to go. So do I push through and get the audio for the next one, or finish this one in the car???????? Hmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:06 pm

YES uap you have to post some pics of the gorgeous Scottish scenery!!!!! drool flirty
star DRUMS- OY star

UUMM so I finished last week and either I dont remember Roger being on the boat with SB...... or I wasnt paying enough attention during that passage?!?!?! This is the problem with me and audiobooks even though I enjoy them I have the sneaking suspicioun I probably zone out on occasion and probably miss vital scenes!!! OH WELL

But yeah Oh Yes you have some great stuff to look forward too!!!! Love the Roger and Brianna scenes........ and as for Roger and Jaime..... those were really entertaining as well!!!! I wont say more until your at the end but omg !!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:06 am

I will post for sure!
I think you should get audio and book because then you can switch from one to the other.
star Drums
What happened to wee Willie???
The humor in Jamie's letters are hilarious! I wonder how Diana comes out with the terminology. It must be tough to write that. I was listening to LJ and the Hand of devils and his letters are just as funny. The other day there was this situation that was blown completely out of proportion and LJ says that is just errant poppycock. The way it was said on the audiobook and for the situation made it so funny that I rewound like 4 times laughing hysterically in my car. What a great name for a band "errant poppycock". See I'm cracking up again! I love Ian also. I think it was an omen that Jamie hid in the closet with Wee Ian as a babe. It was like he became Ian's protector from then on. You only zoned out on the boat because it was the first time through. Further readings, you notice all the little things that were telling or come back up after you have already read the series once.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:14 am

Right I'm on a mission to get the Audio books of the whole series, just have to work my electronically challenged brain around downloading the darn things. This is a story I really enjoy listening to, mainly because the narrator knows how to pronounce the words better than me Wink One of these days I will catch up!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Don't worry Greencat they do take forever! I presume it will take me a long time to get through them. I took my a year to read all of LKH's Anita Blake, between them and other books, sometimes you just need a break.

star DRUMS star
Sabby, you don't remember him? He threw all the people overboard during the pox and had Roger flip a coin for his life and the babies. Still waiting to find out what happened with the woman and kid in the hold. Oh that DG all in good time.

I read through Bree's and Roger's hooking up in Wilmington and the little romp in the hay. Then Roger got busted in the morning for knowing all along. He is off to where New Bern to try and get the gems from SB. See SB again Sabby - LOL. Oh he was wearing Claire's gold ring too.

Oh I canna wait until Jamie meets Roger. Umph!!! I hope Bree is going to be wearing her pants and I am sure Jamie is going to have a fit about that and about Roger, can't wait. I hope Claire is with him when he meets her and that Jamie isn't in Cross Creek by himself. It would be sad if Claire missed that moment.

Last edited by Oh Yes on Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can't Speeeeeeelllllllllllll)
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Ummmm.... does anyone have a the first file or two of the audio book for the Fiery Cross? Audible only has the abridge version which is like 8 hours total, and Drums is 44 hours. Or maybe steer me to where I can find it. I have two audible credits so I can use the one to get Drums. I really would probably only need the first file. I think my Voyager was 6 audio files or something like that. PM me if you do and I will send you my email.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:34 am

star Drums star

First meeting between Jamie and Bree is memorable. heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:18 am

Fiery Cross and ABOSAA are only available at recorded books, something about copyrights or something. Supposedly they will be available at some point from audible.
star Drums
yes Bree and Jamie is verra memorable ya ken! Emotional and funny!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Ok I will check recordable books if I get to it. Thanks!

star DRUMS star
OMG I could not put the book down last night. Yes, very memorable the meeting between Jamie and Bree. So sweet. They are both so cautious with each other it is really cute. And then when they surprised Claire. Awesome!

But OMG - LOL I finally had to go to bed. I kept reading because I was waiting for Roger. Then no Roger. Then the whole thing with Stephen Bonnett raping her! I know she wanted to get her mom's ring back but that was stupid! I was so pissed at SB. I think him and Legho should get married and have little evil babies.

Then Roger shows up and Jamie pummels him, and where the hell is he? I had to go to bed, and I don't know what happened because the story just goes on like nothing happened. Jamie tells Bree he knows about the baby. Such a sweet scene with her sitting on his lap. And I have to much to do tonight before going to Houston tomorrow so I may or may not find out tonight. I am going to explode! Hope Roger is ok. I dreamed he woke up 50 years in the past, then he kept killing himself to get back to Bree! LOL
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:36 pm

The audiobooks are great Greencat, I've been getting them from the library and they certainly add to some humor when u get to hear the scene played out!!! ☀

spoilers DRUMS spoilers

So yeah I actually do definitely remember the scene on the boat with Roger and the Captain during the pox outbreak; apparently I either didnt remember (or realize) that is was SB. Yeah at some point I'm going to have to do a reread!!!! For Fiery Cross I'm going to do the same thing I did for Voyager where I had the audio and the book so I can go back and forth I think that helps to keep me more engaged.

Yes the romp in the hay of Roger and Bree was very cool and I dont know if I mentioned this before but I think its hysterically fantastic that DG is the only author that I have encountered so far to address the hygiene issue when performing oral sex. Hello dear if your gonna go down that way let me warn you I havent bathed and it might be funky!!!! roflmao bathtime :whis: love it I was ROTFLMAO!!! I remember Jaime and Claire had a scene like that as well.

On more serious notes I also got pissed at Bree for putting herself in the position of going to try and get the ring from SB. You could tell from the comments he made to her at the poker table that no good would come from a man like him. And yeah he would be a good match for Legho!!

I was going to pummel both Roger and Jaime because neither one was being clear of why they were actually pummeling eachother!!! But actually the first ones I wanted to slap were Bree and Claire, if they had sent word to look for Roger why hadnt they revealed his other name??? I know, I know we needed the drama..... but there communication skills need to be improved!!! Mad

Love me some Ian!!!! and Rollo
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:53 am

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:02 am

star Drums
But did either of you realize the name of the parents and the baby he saved. The baby's name is Jeremiah- which it was stated runs fairly common in Roger's family tree. It is also a bad luck name. The parents are William Buchleigh and Morag MacKenzie. Does that now ring a bell? Also many wonder if SB since he was pretty much an orphan is related to anyone in the series and who his parents could be. Fun to speculate. Some even wonder if he could also be Geilis's get. BTW, we still don't know.

Yes Legho and SB - perfect evil babies. Legho couldn't be a frigid bitch with him because he wouldn't care. He's take her anyway, well maybe not if she was pregnant because he has a fear of pregnant women (but I'm not sure if you know that yet).

It was such a perfect clusterfuck and everything just went fubar all because no one talked to each other!!!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:51 pm

star Drums star

sabby, greencat, ohyes...!! Not one of you mentioned that Bree caught Jamie taking a leak, and Jamie thought she was a prostitute! I thougt that was priceless! twirling
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:23 pm

star DRUMS star
Donna fash yourself 2shay - tee hee - we noticed. It was very funny.

Giant fubar - I am glad Roger is alive. It was kiling me not knowing what Jamie and Ian did with him. I listened all the way to Houston and back and I am afraid after 5 hours I didn't get too far along. It takes forever to listen to these things. Plus, and this will really make you laugh, my headphone plug isn't working well on my laptop, so in order to hear I had to prop it on my lap between the steering wheel and my stomach with it semi opened facing my head. No wonder my back hurts from balancing that all.

Yes, Bree and Jamie are both acting like idiots. I wanted to slap all of them! No one thought of using both names!!!! UGH!

I am at the point where Claire, Jamie and Ian are in the Mohawk woman's longhouse. She just described the time traveling man/ghost that Claire saw. I tried to read when I got home but I was just too tired and kept falling asleep. I will finish it tonight.

I wondered what the relation was, obviously they were MacKenzies, and I figured they were related but couldn't remember how. Are William and Mortag his direct ancestors? And if so why didn't he realize this since the Rev. was always showing him his family tree? Have we met them before? Do tell.

Last edited by Oh Yes on Sat May 14, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I am an idiot)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:44 am

star Drums star

Not using Roger's other name sent me on a virtual slapfest too! *slap!*
Seriously, why wouldn't that have been an obvious thing to do?

When Bree first met up with Jamie, I was surprised he didn't recognize her from the pictures he used to carry. Bree really should give him grief over that, and often. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:11 pm

I finished yay!!!!

star DRUMS star
Oh sabby I forgot to comment yesterday about the oral sex. That was awesome, because you know as a reader you have to be thinking about it considering how seldom they bathe.

So I am so glad Bree and Roger worked it out. I wanted to slap the both of them. I hated it took Roger so long to arrive. And then they acted like such jerks to each other. Good for Claire making her hold Roger's hand. Oh but the maggots - ewwwwwwwwwww! I am glad Roger listened to Jamie's advice.

I nearly died when SB got out of jail and she thought LJ was dead. But Bonnett came back for her. Something tells me he isn't all bad. At least he is an interesting bad guy. And he has green eyes and is very tall, hmmmmmmm.... another child of Gellis?

Ian - nooooooooooooo I want Ian back. I know he is happy but I love wee Ian. His letter was so cute, that he managed to get the latin wrong again - I was laughing so hard. Oh and when Claire said testosterone poisoning roflmao and that there were only two cures. I was also laughing at Claire calling him Gizmo.

OMG - so Jamie didn't die in Scotland it was Frank Randall who left her a clue. I like Frank even though I don't like Frank. Another compliacted character. He knew and didn't tell her! Once, he knew he was dying he could have left her a letter for crying out loud, not just a tombstone. I guess he hoped she wouldn't look.

I didn't understand the Scots in uniform that came into the clearing. Who were they? I know the one officer fought for Jamie. Why the big entrance? Did I miss something?

So William (the baby's daddy on the boat) was the son of Doguals and Gellis (correct?). I found that confusing for some reason like the baby was Gellis's baby, but that didn't make any sense because that was 20 years ago.

I think I might read another book before I start Fiery Cross. I always need a break, although I was tempted to just pick up Fiery Cross last night and keep going.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:44 am

Oh Yes wrote:
star DRUMS star
Donna fash yourself 2shay - tee hee - we noticed. It was very funny.

I wondered what the relation was, obviously they were MacKenzies, and I figured they were related but couldn't remember how. Are William and Mortag his direct ancestors? And if so why didn't he realize this since the Rev. was always showing him his family tree? Have we met them before? Do tell.

Jeremiah (the baby) is Geilis and Duncan's son! Morag and William Buckleigh "Buck" MacKenzie are the adoptive parents that Duncan gave the babe to. The baby is Roger's great great ....... grandparent and he is also the changeling on the family tree on the wall on the minster's wall. Why do I want to say the minster's cat is a very tricky cat?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

star Drums star
Why does this confuse the shit out of me?
By Duncan you mean Dougal?
If the baby is a baby in 1770 how can it be the same baby in 1743?
William has to be the baby that Dougal (Dougal and Gellis's) right?
Or is that what you are saying and I am reading it wrong.
If Jerimah is the changeling, the adopted baby, then how the heck is it a baby 27 years later?
Or did the baby/William and Morag time travel too?
soooooo confused!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:58 am

Yes Dougal- sorry I was reading a series with Duncan (hawt large highlander) in it...My bad confused
star Drums
Ok, I have been stressed and not sleeping. Sorry. I got that all messed up...Here goes... Hamish is also Dougal's who was sanctioned by Column with his own wife in order to have an heir. We haven't found out his fate yet. Geilis and Dougal's son was William Buckleigh not Jeremiah- I goofed that in my tiredness. Buck is the changling. Sorry again no idea
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Duncan, another highlander huh? Oh, that makes me think of Drustan KMM big old hunky highlander. Can never have enough men in kilts.

spoilers DRUMS spoilers
Thank goodness! I thought I missed something major. That makes sense and now you have made me mighty curious as to what we are going to find out about Hamish LOL.

Oh it is almost Bon Voyage time uap - If I don't talk to you before you leave have an awesome trip. Link me again and I will bookmark you blog this time, can't wait to see where you go and what you do.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:55 am

In the KMM Highlander series, was one of the characters referred to as the beast of the Highlands? I know I read another series with the beast in it and I can't for the life of me remember. Oh and yes, if you want some historical romance I have come across a few very good ones.

Terri Brisbin
Terry Spear
Karyn Monk

Yes, Friday is Scotland! Thanks Oh Yes! Does anyone know the best way not to freak on a 7 hour flight (and then another short one from Ireland to Scotland) because I have fears of flying? (I'm thinking Tylenol PM). Oh and the Queen may delay me being in Ireland and all! UGH! Please PM me you address if any want Scotland postcards!

http://helplesscarnage.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/Vampresss
Hopefully I will blog since T-Mobile which is based in the UK, had no International coverage so everything is roaming fees! How ridiculous!!!!!

wine excited fiesta
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:31 pm

uapeople wrote:

Does anyone know the best way not to freak on a 7 hour flight (and then another short one from Ireland to Scotland) because I have fears of flying?

I say Halcyon, Valium, Xanax or Ativan! Not all together mind you - LOL! I used to have a doctor that gave me Halcyon when I would fly to Europe on business - it makes for no jet lag. But if Tylenol PM will work for you then I say go for it. The jet lag is always worse coming back.

As for the fear of flying (which I have too) you will be on a really big plane going over and back and those always feel safer to me. I sink my nose in a book during take offs and landings, clutching it very tightly, that helps too.

Have a great time - I bookmarked thanks! excited

Last edited by Oh Yes on Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blah)
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:36 pm

spoilers DRUMS spoilers star

I was so biting my tongue not to spill the beans on what happened to Ian!!!! very sad I love him and Rollo they are fabulous comedy relief; and yeah he sounds relatively content but I dont think he would be honest if he wasn't to not alarm or guilt trip Jaime and the rest of the family. I hope he comes back to us!!

I really enjoyed the scenes with LJ and Bree. And definitely it was interesting what happened when she went to go face SB. I was completely surprised that he came back to see if she had gotten out; and than asked her to go with him. I almost started to like him (almost mind you not quite). And at least he gave her something for the baby's "maintenance". LOL

Yeah I was getting a little frustrated once Roger came back and Bree was so hesitant/standoffish. I mean your grown ups have an open adult conversation about the situation and decide!!!! Mad He took his time to go back to her so he obviously thought it through and came to a decision. Anyway.

I did love the last scene when Bree told him to declare the McKenzie's were there as well. But yeah I was also confused about who the soldiers were and why that grand formal entrance??

I'm definitely waiting to read Fiery Cross for a couple of weeks. Probably will start the beginning of June right after the next IA, Magic book.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm

twirling HAVE FUN UA!!!! twirling

I wish I had some flying tips but I literally knock out usually before a plane takes off vaguely acknowlede the flight attendant when they offer drinks with a no thanks and start waking up right after landing. I literally turn into a baby being rocked to sleep; never fails planes and trains.

You'll be fine just keep your mind on the destination. What's a 7 hour flight to contend with when your going to arrive to the sounds of sexy burr and sights of lush landscape!!! LOL Just be careful near the stones!!!!!! excited
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks for the travel tips!
star DRUMS star
Yes, Bree and Roger need some relationship counseling.
Love LJ EXCEPT why was he in the slave quarters? That is against his nature (being caught wise and honor wise). I hope we only think he was having relations and it was something else entirely...unless Monook visited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: