Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series

Go down 
+6
Oh Yes
Doppleganger
uapeople
sabby
2shay
Greencat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:34 pm

OhYes and sabby--I get such a kick from reading your posts! It's like reading the books again!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:52 am

I am glad you are enjoying them again 2shay!

If one of you has the larger book and not the small paperback size that I do with 1070 pages, could you tell me how many pages your book has? I am wondering if I have more pages because they couldn't cram them all on the page and it is really only a 700 page book. Just curious.

star DRUMS star
Oh that Stephen Bonnet turned out to be a nasty pirate Sad
I was so mad at him for getting Rollo shot and for targeting them. Making Claire swallow her ring, and breaking her medicine box. And I actually awwwwwwwwed out loud when he remembered their anniversary and gave her the medicine box. What a stud!

I am just now at the point where the found the dying slave girl in the dead overseers quarters.

Roger and Brianna are so sweet together. I am actually looking forward to them finally doing the deed. I usually hate the present day parts of the book, but I am now anxious to get back to them.

So glad Ian is going to stay with them. I just love his parts and smile every time he says something. Jamie was precious trying to teach him latin and greek. He is such a Man of Worth, pardon me for not remembering the Gaelic.

Took 130 pages to get an explanation about Fergus and Marsil(sp) DG does take time revealing things. I suppose I will find out what was in Jenny's letter in 75 pages or less. LOL normally that would bother me about an author but DG pulls it off nicely.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 pm

star DRUMS star

Sorry cant help Oh Yes, am listening to the audio am on CD 13 of 39 (chapter 17)!!! no idea

I had just passed over the nasty Stephen Bonnett scene when you mentioned him and had to bite my tongue. I was so enraged by his actions after they saved his life what an ARSEHOLE!!! And poor Rollo. I'm also glad Ian's gonna stick around especially since obviously he's going to keep Jaime on his toes because he gets in about as much trouble as Claire and himself!!!! lol!

I'm also loving the courtship of Brianna and Roger. Brianna's friend was hilarious with her asking Roger to speak again and the comments she made I was ROTFL!!!

Yes it took some time for me to get used to DG's methods/timing of storytelling but now I'm just going with the flow.... easier on the nerves!!! :whew:
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:20 am

I second 2shay and love reading your posts. I am crazy at work and home lately so I'm sorry haven't been posting much. I' love to get into in depth, but I can't find the time at the moment to type the responses. Just know that I am here reading your posts and enjoying (when I get 5 minutes here or there).
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Oh I am almost at Chapter 17 - I am catching up!

star DRUMS star
Everytime I have a strawberry I am gonna think of Jamie. Sounds like Jamie and Claire are going to move to the back 40. I can't believe Jamie wrestled the bear. That must have been a sight. No wonder the Indians did not give him any trouble.

I was laughing at Claire's bra and pants - and when the Indian grabbed her :flash: too funny roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 am

I just went to FB and Chloe Neill has placed Outlander by Diana Gabaldon as a link on her status saying

Quote :
"BEST BOOK EVER! (Seriously. It's No. 1 on my list of all-time favorites)."
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:55 am

Oh Yes wrote:
Oh I am almost at Chapter 17 - I am catching up!

star DRUMS star
Everytime I have a strawberry I am gonna think of Jamie.

I have this really bad tattoo of what in my tye dye days was supposed to be a tye dye heart. I wanted to get it turned into a strawberry because....
1)My Nana who is now deceased loved strawberries so much that one day she ate so many that she broke out with hives all over her body and gave herself an allergy to strawberries for the rest of her life. It didn't stop her from eating them and hiving up from then on though.
2) The Beatles- Strawberry Fields Forever
3) Across the Universe movie with Beatles songs had the strawberry that Jude draw for the record company
But then I read the Outlander series and saw all the references to strawberries being part of the clan Fraser and good luck to them plus it's symbolism and meaning! Now it is a must and I also want Je Suis Priest tattooed somewhere as well. (Along with a dragonfly which I have always obsessed about because in some cultures they are evil and some they are good luck and then I read Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber...signs someone?)

star Drums star
And as for the bear- what about how funny Claire was with the fish?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh the fish was hysterical!

I think if I post these quotes from Drum they will be okay without being spoilerish:
“You are my heart – and I your compassion. We are neither of us whole, alone. Do ye not know that, Sassenach?”

“’So long as body lives, and yours – we are one flesh,’ he whispered. His fingers touched me, hair and chin and neck and breast, and I breathed his breath and felt him solid under my hand. Then I lay with my head on his shoulder, the strength of him supporting me, the words deep and soft in his chest.
‘And when my body shall cease, my soul shall still be yours. Claire, I swear – by my hope of heaven, I will not be parted from you.’”

in love

star DRUM (through chapter 20) star
This one is – well sort of it just makes me giggle:
“’Bad News, Auntie,’ said Ian’s voice in my ear. ‘The pig’s eaten the rest of your nutmeal.’” roflmao

I was laughing so hard at the pig and Rollo during the blessing of the house. It was very touching and very cute. Kept thinking of the farmer and Babe.

I can’t imagine how brave you had to be to be a pioneer that far out. It really is remarkable. I am so glad Jamie has the opportunity to have his own land, and his own clan – that is all he has ever wanted. But the Indian woman telling Claire not to worry, has me worried as hell!!!!! Disease. Noooo no no! Can’t they just be happy for a while? Sad
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Well OH Yes, you've definitely caught up and passed me!!! I got caught up in Joshlandia the past few days and have shamefully neglected poor Jaime!!! confused Apart from being swept up I think I've also got a bout of ADD with the solely listening to the audiobook. Voyager was great because I had both the audio and the book and would switch back and forth?? no idea

star DRUMS star
I thought that whole scene with Jaime recounting the story of Claire thwacking not only the bear but Jaime himself with the fish way hysterical!!!! roflmao I mean I cant believe that was the best weapon she could find??? too funny and than the way the native indians were pronouncing her name CLA CLA CLA, I thought that was great.

Um not sure what chapter I'm at now actually but I thought the skull/apparition was a little weird/unbelievable?? But I wont say more because I'm not sure your there yet. And now there is some very unexpected guests that arrived!!!! omg was totally not expecting that!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:00 am

star Drums
I don't even think she hit the bear with the fish, only Jamie. LMFAO! You are getting to a part soon with some surprise guests to the ridge. (Well I think it's soon- like sabby said). Sweet and funny and very emotional when that happens! Love that part. And so very important to rest of the series. Oh and there is a VERRA funny part including the outhouse.

Yes, pay attention to the wise woman because I think some of that will be important throughout the series. I think she is foretelling or giving omens. Still not sure what all it means.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh I dinna read verra much last night
roflmao I am definitely turning into a Scot

star DRUMS
You are still slightly ahead because I haven't gotten to the guests yet! Hmmmmmm.... can't wait. She just got rescued by Ian and Jamie and is drunk. They are taking the skull and the opal with them. So the ghost took her shoes to the cabin? Yes, it was a little too much for me as well, but then again we don't really know what makes Claire special. So she has a guardian Indian?

Oh for crying out load would Roger put his pride away and just sleep with Brianna already! Men!

Are the guests going to be Roger and Brianna? OMG I hope so. I can't wait for Jamie to get all possessive of Brianna on Roger! hahaha
reading
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm

[quote=

Are the guests going to be Roger and Brianna? OMG I hope so. I can't wait for Jamie to get all possessive of Brianna on Roger! hahaha
reading [/quote]

OhYes--Remember that you said that....
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 pm

LMFAO!!! My lips are sealed on who the guests are!!!! But cant wait to chat about it when you're there. Yeah there is a hilarious scene with the privy/outhouse!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 am

I agree- she will be definitely amused and startled at who visits! And that statement will haunt her for sure!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Read the visitors! Just started Chapter 27

star DRUMS star
Totally surprise by Willie arriving with Lord John. I am sort of sad that Willie doesn't remember Jamie Sad . But I bet Willie puts two and two together on the trip to the talk with the Indians. I am glad they are going to have an adventure together alone.

So I guess the 'disease' is the measles. Hope Willie or Ian don't get it - fingers crossed. I am not worried about John Grey because I know he has a whole book series, so he must live.

The privy roflmao roflmao roflmao
The snake with Claire was funny enough. But Willie and Ian's stunt was priceless. I loved that Jamie made Ian go get the pistol - it was the right thing to do. Poor Ian!

We need an emoticon of a Highlander flashing his kilt! :d

Last edited by Oh Yes on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't remember the correct shortcuts on emoticons from one site to another)
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 pm

star DRUMS spoilers

I knew u wouldn't haved guessed on the visitors; I know I surely didnt expect them. Yes the privy was cheers roflmao, It was absolutely a priceless scene!!! Willie needed it to eat some humble pie and Ian...... for letting the youngster get into that mess!! I'm glad at Claire's reaction to LJ, because I know I would be pissed and def suspicious at his motives.

Just started Part 8: and Brianna's a naughty naughty young lady!!! No No tongue

YES an emoticon with a Highlander flashing would be verra verra HAWT!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm thinking we should probably go back to the other thread since were pretty far in the series don't want to jam this one up with too many spoilers as well, right??
:oops:
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:05 am

I third the emoticon of a kilt flashing!

Why is Bree naughty?

I think as long as you star your posts it is fine
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:00 pm

OK, I am getting my post card list ready from Scotland. Please PM me if you want one!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

A Highlander "flasher" would be soooo funny.....! Claire loves when Jamie wears his kilt!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Just picked it up today again while taking the teacup to the doctor. Ahhhhhhh I missed them.

When do you leave uap? You are gonna have so much fun. If you don't come back we will know you found a stone circle and will look for you in history! Wink

star Drums star
I am just at the point where Brianna arrives at Lallybrouch(sp). Frickin Leghair is reading her the riot act. I really don't know why Jenny puts up with her, I guess because she feels guilty.

And what the hell was with Brianna not telling Roger!!!!! I was so mad at her. Well, I guess he should have told her the truth about the fire, but still.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:28 am

twirling Love your post!! Keep reading!! Keep posting!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:52 am

2shay wrote:
A Highlander "flasher" would be soooo funny.....! Claire loves when Jamie wears his kilt!
My favorite kilt scene (and no spoilers) is in Echo in the gated off garden where Jamie says "Come. Here. Now"
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:58 am

Oh Yes wrote:

When do you leave uap? You are gonna have so much fun. If you don't come back we will know you found a stone circle and will look for you in history! Wink
may 20, but I have to see the Dr myself. I have been utterly sick since last Tuesday. Hopefully I am OK to go. I think it is just stress I hope.
I am gonna try and blog here. http://helplesscarnage.blogspot.com/

Oh Yes wrote:

star Drums star
I am just at the point where Brianna arrives at Lallybrouch(sp). Frickin Leghair is reading her the riot act. I really don't know why Jenny puts up with her, I guess because she feels guilty.

And what the hell was with Brianna not telling Roger!!!!! I was so mad at her. Well, I guess he should have told her the truth about the fire, but still.
star Drums
Oooh you have some good stuff coming. I love how Bree stands up to <edit>Claire... I meant Longhaire</edit> and basically tell her to shove it. Yeah, Jenny really does let Leghair get away with almost literally murder (*ahem* shooting her brother) and it would have been murder if not for Claire and her wee needles! What was it Jenny called Leghair? It was an oldfashioned term that fit her so well? She called her it right around this time. Autumn, help?

Last edited by uapeople on Wed May 11, 2011 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next