Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shifters

Go down 
+7
showmethelove
b4v
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
Dragonlady
kimba
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

I have a love/hate relationship with Big Brother! I hate that I have to admit that I love the silly show!.... Wink

star Spoiler star

The last part of Shift was pretty good. Lots of action...Marc finally found out about Faythe and Jace....DRAMA!

Started Alpha this morning early. With coffee. Angela has just met...everyone! Touching...really touching....Ethan's baby....sigh....

There is one thing that makes no sense to me at all. East Texans have guns. Hell, Texans have guns. Trust me on this...rattlesnakes, copperheads and water moccasins are NOT afraid of big cats. A ranch would have shotguns. Several, most likely. Heavy rains and extreme heat drive all sorts of snakes to more manicured and lusher areas. Don't have to take my word for it, just watch the news.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:24 pm

star Spoiler star

I knew they should have had guns. Knew it! They can't call themselves Texans. No!
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:16 pm

star Spoiler star

Faythe is arrested. Again. Sheesh...... Rolling Eyes Haven't we already done this? Is plot repetition a good thing? Rolling Eyes

ETA: I am officially on the Jace team after Marc took Faythe in a rough manner and wouldn't let her take a shower. I know. He's upset, jealous and humiliated. I\'m waiting On a relationship change.

Last edited by 2shay on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to soften a statement....)
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

star Spoiler star

The fight is ON! pirate pirate Faythe is at her best when she's fighting!..You go girl!
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 pm

star Spoiler star

Ohhhhh........nooooooooo! very sad
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Have ordered books, waiting, waiting, waiting as usual!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm just loving reading your posts, Shay! It's impossible to not get totally caught up in these books.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 am

Man, oh, man. I only have about 20% left in the last book. I DON'T want it to end! This series has nearly driven me to drink...okay, not that hard to do...snort! Now, here it is. I have laughed and cried. I have been ready to pull out the signs and banners to march for equal rights. I have been pissed off enough to have a minor melt down...and I have been engrossed through the whole thing. I LOVE this series. I am going to be distressed when I read the last page.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:46 am

star Spoiler star

Okay. I am not crazy about the thunderbirds, but the reaction of Marc and Jace after being flown to the nest pretty much made the story line worth it, cause cats don't fly! roflmao "Never. Again."~~~ Marc
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:42 pm

No spoilers....at least, I don't think so.

Finished, and so satisfied. I loved Faythe almost from the first. Over the course of the series, as I became more aware of her world and her personal issues within that world, I watched her grow and expand her goals and expectations. I watched her love a man and nearly lose him through her attraction to another. I watched them grow, too. As good as the romance in this series has been, it was the smallest part of the story. Faythe's fight for equality was the story. Equality for herself and the other tabbies. Equality for Marc and the other strays. The right for strays to cross the borders into Pride lands without fear. The courage to befriend those so different they are barely recognizable as sentient. Faythe compresses all the courage and determination of all those who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom and equality into a single, supernatural heroine. I love her. I think I know many people who try every day to be just a little, a tiny bit, like Faythe. heart

Last edited by 2shay on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:12 am

cheers not worthy smile
Beautifully said, Shay.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 am

star Shifters, The Series Relationships star

Many of you have read my posts about how much I dislike love triangles. Especially those influenced by supernatural forces. Well, this series has a really serious love triangle, and I loved it. It was beautifully written, and fit so well into the greater story. Marc loved Faythe from the time she turned 16. He was committed and ready to make his life with her as soon as she turned 18. Faythe loved him, too. She asked him to leave the Pride, but he refused. She needed to have more. She needed to be valued for more than her reproductive ability. So, she ran. Who amoung you hasn't heard the question, "When will you be giving me grandbabies?" The situation the tabbies face in the Prides is more dramatically posed, but honestly, it's just the same thing that every young girl faces....to bear the next generation for their family and to ensure that their husbands' family name is prolonged into infinity. Faythe, as many young women do, wanted more. She wanted an education and time to experience the world a little and to think about her responsibilityes to her family and the Pride. No where did she state or imply that she never wanted kids. Marc pretty much told us that while Faythe was away, he remained faithful. Faythe did not. I have no problem with that. She needed to find her own way back. How many amoung us has had a single lover? Marc was exceptional in that respect. While I found Marc's faithfullness honorable within the story, I didn't think it was too believable. Jace on the other hand is nailing anthing that will wiggle for him and having a great time with Ethan. He has always had a funny, flirty relationship with Faythe that blooms into something much, much more when they both have to deal with Ethan's death and Marc's disappearance. Faythe loved Jace. Jace love Faythe. Oh, man...triangle. Marc still loved Faythe and she still loves him. OMG...big triangle. I think all three of these characters handled the situation beautifully and believably. Marc was the most injured party, but he stayed as long as he could stand it, giving Faythe all the time she needed to decided. He left no room for any sort of "sharing"...thank GOD! I might have left the series if they had formed a sexual threesome. His worst behavior was a session of fairly rough sex with Faythe and not allowing her to bathe...which might have been for his own protection within the Pride. Faythe never slept with Jace again, although they got close once or twice. Jace was good, too...watching the woman he loved stand closer to Marc at every turn.

The rest? Wel, I was delighted at how the relationships turned out. Marc finally left, leaving Faythe to worry about whether he would return or not. Making her realize that it was Marc she couldn't live without. How many have had that almost fatal attraction to someone "other"? How many have walked away? Totally human situations. Heartbreaking, sure. A lot of things break our hearts. We deal. Marc and Faythe will deal with life together. Jace will have to move on. Jace is a big boy, he will deal. Marc was the one who remained faithful for 5 years. His life would be ruined without Faythe. Jace was never one to sleep in a bed alone. Where does that leave Faythe? Did she love Marc or Jace the most? Doesn't matter, does it? heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

I am so glad that you enjoyed this series Shay. I just had this feeling that you would too. I'm really excited about the upcoming chat next month with RV. She is so super nice and personable.
Faythe had her moments with me, but I mostly got frustrated with her. Having said that, she was an amazing character. I had a soft spot for Marc all the way through and did what him to be her HEA, but JACE was my sugar pie. I asked RV if she ever considered a spin off series and she hadn't thought about it really but then she told me you never know. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Marc heart er!!!! It was an intense series. I was a mess about it. My big gripe was the abrupt ending. I wanted more. Maybe one day???? I'll have to ask RV smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am

Thanks, Shay, I really enjoyed reading your post. It beautifully summed up the heart of the story. Have you read the short she did in Chicks Kick Butt? I hope she does a spin-off series with maybe Abby as the MC, which has possibilities with maybe Jace as the love interest *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

I have not read the short. I need to find it. Is it available alone? What's the name of the story?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Started Stray today - just got through the first couple chapters but it's interesting. Already there is some sexual tension between Faythe and Marc, and I likey me some good sexual tension
Unfortunately it reminds me of Bitten by Kelly Armstrong, which I didn't like. A shifter that is rejecting the shifter lifestyle because of misogyny, and is living among humans and attending college instead of living with the pack. BUT, somebody in the pack goes missing and she gets called back. Same exact setup, just a different flavor of shifter.

I can't wait to read up to where the stories diverge from each other. Soon please!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:21 pm

I think there are only so many ways you can write a story of a heroine being in charge. On a deeper level these series aren't similar. I never felt Elena left because of misogyny, Marc isn't nearly as insane as Clay, and Elena being an orphan makes a lot of the Shifter series dynamic impossible to relate to the Women Of the Otherworld series. But yeah, some things I don't want to spoiler sure do stand out glaringly.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:32 pm

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
I never felt Elena left because of misogyny, Marc isn't nearly as insane as Clay,

I do think there are many ways to write about a woman in charge, because woman have as many leadership styles as men.

I'm glad Marc isnt as crazy as Clay, because I HATED Clay. The jury is still out on whether he's an asshole though. Gotta read more!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Oops, sorry. I forgot this was the equality thread. There are only so many ways for a "main character" to attain a leadership role.

I never thought Marc was an asshole. It's Faythe who drives me crazy.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I still disagree - I can think of many ways and im not particularly creative. no idea Oh well.

I like Faythe so far.... Hopefully she doesnt turn into a complete twit like Elena. Didnt like her. At. All.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Can't wait until you get further into it Dopp to see if your views change
Back to top Go down
2shay

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Ahem....I liked Faythe from beginning to end. I understood her and her motivations. She had a lot of focus.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:02 pm

ARRRR still haven't started this series and are so running out of time! And there are still a couple of new releases I want to read.
I better start speed reading NOW!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Go GC be right back

Do a lot of this loo and bathtime too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shifters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters   Shifters - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shifters
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next