Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dorina Basarab

Go down 
+4
b4v
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 am

1. Midnight's Daughter
2. Deaths Mistress

Dorina Basarab is a dhampir—half-human, half-vampire. Subject to uncontrollable rages, most dhampirs live very short, very violent lives. So far, Dory has managed to maintain her sanity by unleashing her anger on those demons and vampires who deserve killing....
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:41 am

Death's Mistress was one of my favourite reads last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 am

mmmmmmm me too heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am

Ditto. I am ready for #3 and soon
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 am

Any idea when it's due?
Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:50 pm

When you look at all that Ilona Andrews puts out - even just blog and Curran povs plus 2 series, it leaves me kinda peeved with KC - I mean how long have we been waiting for the Mircea short?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Or the Pritkin short. I read on her website once that she has health problems but then why promise things? I try to not be too uncharitable, but it's annoying when books keep getting pushed back or stories are simply not released. With KMM we got a whopper of a book out of it when her book was pushed back.
Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Yes - but at least we did get the Pritkin short - even though she pulled it again Sad but I agree why make promises? It has been well over a year since she promised the Mircea short.... Maybe she used all the good stuff in Deaths Mistress... Cos there was some verra verra good Mircea stuff there smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 pm

There was a Pritkin short and it was pulled? Bummer.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 am

Yes bummer since I did not get a chance to read it :evil:
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 am

I read half of it. I was pissed when she pulled it.
Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I think I still have all of it but the last chapter
Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:31 am

Still no Mircea short story but something to tide us over anyway...

http://www.karenchance.com/books_ckb.html
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 am

I completely sympathise about KC having health problems, but even if she could get a message on her site to say that it would be delayed indefinitely. She hasn't even said if we're getting another Dorina book or anything. That's frustrating. Having said that, I guess if it's serious illness that she's battling, I guess nothing else would really seem important. For us readers, it's the having no idea factor that makes us feel like we've just been left hanging.

Glad to see about the anthology. Some very good writers, I think I'll be putting that on my wishlist!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 am

I just think the title is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 am

lol! Yes, that one had me raising my eyebrows and giggling when I first saw it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 am

I'd buy it just based on that :D
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

The title alone is a reason I'd read it. Makes me think of that movie Suckerpunch that looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Been reading these books. On the second one and I swear I just keep cracking up over rays head and his body!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:16 pm

This is a great series!! I need to reread these.
Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Deaths Mistress will always be one of my favourite books EVER! Dorina is great and Mircea was/is sublime!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:24 pm

I must apologise for not having my typed summaries out yet. I have been swamped and working late at work and getting ready for my trip so I don;t know when I will get to it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:10 pm

I have to say karen chance really does know how to write some action packed Shit. Alot of books i've read with fighting are pretty basic but she goes all out and I am enjoying it. Still loving Ray!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm

That's okay uapeople, we forgot all about it.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Ha! I totally forgot too. Was Dory or Cassie? I think I have Dory pretty straight, Cassie is a big ol' mess in my mind. say what
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dorina Basarab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorina Basarab   Dorina Basarab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dorina Basarab
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: