Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Empty
PostSubject: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Night Prince Series

1: Once Burned
2: Twice Tempted ~ March 2013
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:19 am

Jeaniene Frost did a life video chat at goodreads. If you'd like to see it here is the link..

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/video_chat/43?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=editorial&utm_campaign=video_chat
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm

This was a great book. I loved Vlad from the minute I met him Cat and Bones. I like others I have talked to was disappointed that there was no part of the book from Vlads point of view, but it was awesome and I can't wait for the next one there were so many unanswered questions
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm

If you watch the goodreads chat she explains why she didn't write any of the book from Vlads POV. It wasn't anything big just that sense Vlads such a closed off person if she put us inside his head we would know everything about him and the mystery would be lost. (those were not her specific words but you get the picture.) I guess I can see JF POV on that. If we all new everything Vlad was thinking there would be no mystery to him and where would the fun in that be?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

I was also hoping for a Vlad POV. I still hold out hope we'll get some of it in the next book.

I can understand what Jeaniene was going for - sounds like she wasn't ready for Vlad to reveal much....it's the first book and he's still very much a mystery man.
I still want a better glimpse into his head. This is a romance book and I didn't completely 'get' his feelings towards Leila.
But...I'm trusting Jeaniene as she goes forward with Vlad's story. I have a feeling that the next book is going to have some huge OMGs and Holy Shits!

star Spoilerishy star

I just don't want that one guy (Dave?) to die. I'll be disappointed if Vlad doesn't find some way to bring him back.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I was trying to find my discussion on Jeaniene's new Vlad book Once Burned and I can't find it. I wanted to use those questions for jeaniene's liev Q&A for her release party and I can't find them. Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm

They should be in the archives. I'm on my phone right now, so give me a few minutes to.dig them up.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Is.this what you were looking for, uap?

uapeople said:

" I loved it. here are my initial comments from jeaniene's fansite http://www.frostfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2263

Once Burned Finished! Loved Loved Loved it...but it was Vlad so how could I not! I agree about Vlad being a sex god and not having to go through legions of women to gain his skills. When asked a question Vlad answers with brutal honesty like with the girlfriends. It takes guts and confidence to let leila touch the manicles and other parts of his history, either he really was confident that she would still accept him becasue he had a good read on her OR he still is trying to be reserved in his feelings OR he figures if she can't accept me as is for who I am then it will never work OR protecting his people is still more important than even his love life OR he knows that leila feels the same. Loved the Cat and Bones with Mencheres and Kira cameo and witty banter as well. Loved that Bones taught Leila to sing the most annoying songs. Wish we heard more of what she was singing each time instead of just some. There are a lot of annoying 80s songs! Agree Ken and Barbie was hystercial. Seeing them from another POV was great and the whole Bones in a dress. Hilarious. Loved that Vlad was watching a vampire movie. Twilight maybe? The whole role playing Dracula stuff was hysterical. I totally think she is going to get her powers back. I think Vlad left and after looking through the rubble for the bad guy who I think is NOT dead and will haunt them like cat's dad, Greagor, etc., he will make a romantic gesture. I do think he will take her as his 1st vampire marriage wife.

Questions/Thoughts/Musings Forgive me but I forgot how does a vampire takes a wife- so they just announce it in front of a witness? I think so right? Do you think Ben could have taken vampire blood before he passed? I am thinking ghoul here! Her very own Dave! I think I answered my own question but it really confused me how when Lila connects to someone in the present or their past or fuyure how Vlad couldn't hear her head until she was disconnected. But he and the bad guy could her her when she connected to her. I guess it's because she is connecting in the present to them so they can. Do any of you see Leila's sister as a possible flame for Ian? She is so overly blunt I can so see it. Having Ian be around all the time to annoy Vlad in future books can be hysterical IMO. Can anyone see Leila's dad as taking some vampite blood to heal his leg and joining Don's team (maybe he even knows Don). Who do you think Vlad has been with Vampire wise? did we hope it wasn't Annette? Wonder if Leila will bunp into an ex. Let me get this straight....Vlad had married the wife and had a son (who the bad guy killed after Vlad became a Vampire) and the wife thought Vlad dead so she committed sucide so not to be tortured by his enemies. Then he married again when he was a vampire and pretended that that women's child was his. Was this one killed, too? What happened to that wife? If Mencheres can see the future but it almost never (or never) changes, then how come Leila's visions are so easy to change? I wonder what that means. maybe becasue the abilities are different or that Leila sees impressions and Mencheres only sees very strong fates? Oh I am so confused. I also wonder if Mencheres will get that ability back. ANd speaking of abilities, I am assuming Vlad has Mencheres's ability to just kill someone dead and has been hiding it all these years. That he also got it from Tenoch like Mencheres. If he had the future visions, I think he wouldn't be so facinated in Leila's ability. I wonder if Leila is ever captured again if she can just stay in a vision so other mind reading vapires can't get anything off her."
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 am

awesome! that is what I was looking for!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad   Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeaniene Frost - Leila & Vlad
Page 1 of 1