Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercy Thompson Series

Go down 
+11
sabby
planetcheese
kimba
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
Oh Yes
dawls
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
showmethelove
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:18 am

Hey Kim! I doubt that Wolf will be more powerful than Bran, but I am sure he will be a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Well, 2013 is a long time for me to be tapping my foot. :D It's also enough time for him to think of something wonderful to say that will make us all sigh.

A meeting between Wold and Bran would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 pm

I suspect Bran would try to hide his true strength from Wolf. Wolf struck me as arrogant, and Bran isn't, so he could use that to his advantage and give him a go for his money. I love Bran!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 pm

I finally finished RM. RL has kept me busy.

I liked it but did not love it. I liked seeing Mercy and Adam together finally. I loved seeing a lot of Adam. But I missed the rest of the gang.

I liked the surprise wedding and Bran giving her away. But I would have liked to have seen the vows or the pastor say "I now present to you Mr. and Mrs...." And I really would have like to have read about the kiss. After years of wanting Mercy, I would imaging that Adam gave her one amazing, toe-curling kiss.

Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am

I also enjoyed it a lot, it is Mercy and Adam after all; but I didnt love it. I loved the beginning with Stefan, Warren and Kyle; am glad that Warren and Ben are helping to kind of bring Stefan into the fold.

I thought the concept of the suprise wedding was fantastic, it just made sense for Mercy but than it did feel like it was rushed through especially the reception. Bran was fabulous I teared when he unveiled his power and called Adam "pup" and said Mercy was a treasure of his. But yeah considering that we find out afterwards what an intricate, feminine dress Mercy has on (with the buttons); you'd think somebody would mention how beautiful or radiant she was something. I would have even settled for Ben or Sam poking fun about how good she washes up.

I really enjoyed her finding out more about her heritage; although I'm still not quite clear on how/why certain folks are walkers (aside from Mercy). And yeah overall the chemistry between Mercy and Adam just felt off. Adam had so much passion in SB and its almost as if it was stifled in RM. I know going in I'm not gonna get much "smexy" from PB but can I get some more playful foreplay at least. They eat hot dogs disappear into the trailer..... than come out and eat more hot dogs???? 🇳🇴 Come on Adam I know you got it in ya!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

I think I will just follow you and V around smile
I agree with everything you said - who knew a book with so much Mercy and Adam time would just feel unconsummated
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 am

I'm sorry Sabby, I didn't catch any of that - I was too busy being distracted by V, damn he looks good in chocolate 👅
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:12 am

Since the story is told from Mercy's POV she may simply not notice when people compliment her looks, especially as they are something she doesn't value and often completely discounts. It would be nice to read Adam finds her beautiful though.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 pm

LMAO!! Swede and Dragonlady, yes V is verra verra distracting, true??

Yeah knowing Mercy wouldn't be quite comfortable with compliments, I thought like I said even a jab by somebody at the wedding would have been nice. If for no other reason than it was unexpected of her to show up so feminine; but some kind of acknowledgement. And maybe it doesn't have to be something said about her beauty but something verbal by Adam about how desirable he finds her.... I dont know just something?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Yes, V verra distracting. Mmmm....V and chocolate!

I was upset that they had the wedding during the day and didn't invite Stephan. He would have told her she looked beautiful.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Well he was always serving Jane Hot Chocolate.... now we know just how HAWT it was!!!! :bom:

Yeah I was also wondering why Stephan wasn't there, he would definitely have come up with something colorful to say!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 am

Hawt chocolate smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:13 am

Finished RM a couple days ago.

star RM star

I adored the beginning, enjoyed the middle and loved the end. I loved the wedding, but agree with others, it would have been nice to have some of the guys comment to Mercy about how beautiful she looked. I thought the cafe scene was funny, it wouldn't have worked if Adam didn't play along with her lead. The middle was lovely and I enjoyed Mercy and Adam finally getting to just be a couple without having to deal with everything else, but it just didn't feel like Mercy's "voice" to me. But having said that, she did just get married and was on her honeymoon with her honey, so I guess she would be feeling all mellow and lovey dovey! I think there just wasn't enough playfulness between them for me, I missed reading that. Loved, loved, loved Coyote! And once all the action started towards the end, Mercy seemed to get sass back. All in all, I really enjoyed the book, but like Oh Yes said, it felt like a transitional book that would be a lot more enjoyable read with the series as a whole.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 am

Looks like there's some really good anthologies coming out in the second half of 2011, including a Warren short!

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/index.shtml#NakedCity
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 am

Just finished RIVER MARKED.... I really liked it. I love the audio books, too.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:06 am

Starting this series this morning! Good books??
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:04 am

Some of the best, Starbrites cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:26 am

Lucky you Starbrites ... To meet Mercy and co for the first time smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:21 am

I adore Mercy, Starbrites, this is a wonderful series.

I can't wait for you to meet Stefan!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:07 pm

I think you will like it Greencat - it took me a book or two to really get into it for some reason, but I really adore the series now.

And yes, Stefan is the best - scooby!!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I am about 8 chapters into the second book now. I like the books so far. Just getting the hang of the characters. Well back to reading!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I am definitely loving this series! Is the newest book the last in the series? I haven't made it there yet but curious if this is an ongoing series.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

I don't believe River Marked is the final book, but there isn't going to be a Mercy Thompson book in 2012. Patricia Briggs also wrote the Alpha&Omega series that deals with some of the side characters in the Mercy series.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:14 pm

We're getting the last Alpha & Omega book in January 2012.
Warren is in a short that is releasing in November. But no Mercy until 2013. Sad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I just finished River Marked. I absolutely loved these books and cannot believe we wont get another for a long time. I will have to check into the other ones. When I downloaded RM I happened to see the index and at the end it said mercys letter to adam and I damn near panicked threw the whole book thinking the letter was a doom letter or something and was in complete relief when I finally found out what it was. I think i'll try to skip seeing the index of books so I don't freak myself out like that again.. By the way I too love Stefan! I loved how much Bens character grew and warren and kyle are fabulous! Love Jesse and her dying her hair all the time reminds me of myself at that age when I used to do that stuff. I wonder if coyote will show up again. Also wondering if there will be any babies from are lovely Mercy!! Ok guess im done wondering for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercy Thompson Series
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next