Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wicked As They Come - PBC#4

Go down 
+4
Greencat
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
Barbara
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
2shay

Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 am

I haven't started this one. Maybe later. I am having trouble liking anything.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 am

Sweeny Todd was the murderous barber movie. I can't remember the name of that Heath Ledger movie. Do you mean the one that was sort of a biography of Bob Dylan? I'm a Dylan fan and only watched about 45 minutes of that. It was weird.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

I'm about halfway in and it's still an odd world. I've adjusted to the absurdity though, and it's gotten good. Even though this is a completely different world than Kim Harrison's Hollows, I'm getting that vibe. Writing style maybe? Could be that Criminy (our hero) reminds me of Al when Al is turning on the charm.
The bludbunnies are still cracking me up! smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 am

Not the Bob Dylan movie though that is supposed to be strange as well like you said. No it was the one with the mirror and such. I really can;t remember the name, but Colin Farrell, Jude Law, Johnny Depp and a few others all played a different alter ego of Heath's character.

Maybe when my attention span and memory gets better I'll try this series but right now I can't even remember the characters from Kerrilyn Sparks and that is a very simple series.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

I watched that movie Uapeople. I couldn't get into to it because of all the different guys.

This books sounds awesome! I like the idea of Vampire Assistant on crack! Circus freaks and magic cheers I loved the HBO show Carnival. It was sooooooo good and twisted! I won't start the Wicked book this week because I HAVE to read Lover Reborn and The new Devon Monk, which I ALWAYS heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:13 am

I loved Carnival too! Part of that is just 'cause I love Clancy Brown. Even as the voice of Mr. Crabs.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Damn, this is getting better and better. A quote for y'all:

My hands fumbled for the ties on his breeches as he licked down my throat and between my breasts, and I mumbled, "Don't they have kilts in your world?"

A woman after my own heart! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 am

Finished last night! For a debut and first in a series, this was extremely good. Incredibly different, and perhaps tried to fit too much into a single story, but lots of fun to read.
It takes a lot of sexy to pull off a name like Criminy Stain, but he manages it!
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm still down two books to finish my April book challenge but I want to be involved in a book club. Where are the archived nominations? --- for future reference???

I will look up this book as Dopple's reviews often get me excited to read a book and are usually dead on with my opinion of a book.

Fae--- I LOVE Clancy Brown, too. I thought I was the only one. Okay... off to look up this book and start one of 3 books I've been waiting to start until finished A Discovery of Witches. One of these days I'm going to be able to actually discuss the book club read with others... you know, during the month designated for the group read. smile.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 am

I have given in and ordered the book. I like the weird strange stuff occasionally for a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 am

I'll probably end up getting it too. I can get it cheaper if I order from someone selling asn old copy, but will probably just download. I downloaded a sample last night... sample began at 27%.... sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Started at 27%? Weird.

I think you guys will like this one. It's a fun change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 am

I am determined to read this in the allocated month too !!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm only 100 pages in. Life has been crazy busy!
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

I'll be finished tonight. I was a bit skeptical at first, but eventually it won me over & couldn't put it down last night. about to pick it back up. Recharging my kindle as we speak. look forward to discussing.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 pm

star WATC star

I'm not much further. 159 pages I think but is there a love triangle? I hope not. I'm already feeling bad for Criminy. This world is fascinating but so far I'm not dying to pick it up.

I'm weary of the pianist. Maybe it's him taking the sips from the bludman or the way he talks about them. OR it could be that he's hitting on Criminy's woman!!!!

Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 am

um... so, here's the thing. First, I wasn't feeling it & not crazy about the writing
then, I couldn't put it down. Fell asleep with my kindle on my pillow
next to me. however, when I started back up... the story took a turn &
I'm back to not loving it. part of me is hoping it is all a dream as that would
explain the some of my issues with the story.

perhaps, it will get interesting again for me. either way, I'll have something
to write about later.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 am

You've got to be kidding me!!

I just spent I don't know how long writing a long post describing what I liked and what I didn't like or even hated about the book. Hit "preview" and it took me back to the log in screen. sigh.

Well.. I'm going to bed. It's a sign. I just wasn't meant to discuss this book tonight.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm

From goodreads comments I've read, I might be the only one who didn't love this book. Still irritated that my long post written upon finishing the book disappeared. One of these days I'll learn to write my messages in Word or something and save them (if it's a review or some such) and then copy and paste it to various message boards.

My viseral reaction is over... I can't recall all my thoughts feelings on the book. I know I didn't love it. Thought it was okay. I would read the next book though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wicked As They Come - PBC#4   Wicked As They Come - PBC#4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wicked As They Come - PBC#4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: