Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)

Go down 
+3
Doppleganger
2shay
gracious-plenty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Empty
PostSubject: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Mail-love Romance In The City !! Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Loveyou

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Loveartifice

This thread is a place to chat about Contemporary heart Romance. Which is just about a little bit of everything.

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Emotlove14
Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Rocknroll1

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Mariee

Because of the growing popularity, it 's just to hard to keep up with every author's individual threads. So to simplfy things, we can discuss whatever and whomever here !!! yap-yap

On special occassions like new book release day and author chats, then we'll bring back their individual threads which are currently archived. excited

G-P, Fae, showme, Dopp and Swede FLF
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Comprimising Positions by Jenna Bayley-Burke is a good place to start if anyone needs a recommendation for this genre. Funny and touching. A good read.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Loved Compromising positions! Last I checked, it was lendable on Kindle.

JR Ward also wrote some excellent contemporary romances before she wrote BDB, under the name Jessica Bird. I've read 2 of them, An Unforgettable Lady and An Irresistible Bachelor. Corny titles, but great stories. I even caught a few little details that she recycled for BDB - unintentional Easter eggs!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Dopple--I have read both of those, but it has been a LONG time! I remember liking them, though.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am

Don't laugh. I am reading Marie Force's ..McCarthys of Gannsett Island series. Already on book two. First book...Maid For Love was a little weird....so many editing errors that it was a little distracting. But, hey, I got through it.

The McCarthys own a resort and marina on an island off the coast of Rhode Island. The author actually loves one of those islands and finally invented a new one and a whole population of inhabitants to go with the McCarthy family. The whole meeting between Mac and Maddy was so freakin' contrived that it was humorous in itself. What kept me hooked was Maddy's background. I have had three very close friends who had her problem.....extremely large breasts......embarrassingly large breasts....I know what they went through as young women and that what Maddy experienced in school happened to two of my three friends. Almost EXACTLY! So, by mid way through this story that wasn't even that well thought out, IMO, I thought it was pretty compelling. By the end? I fell in love with the island and the people. I had to go forward.

Book 2....Fool For Love.....has much better editing and the story is stronger. Not very far into it, but I am liking the story and still loving the island and the people.

Oh. There is a lot of sex! A lot. Sex in first book was fine. Good even. Sex in second book is better. Approaching hot.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am

OK, may not be the right thread, but anyone going to NOLA in August for Authors After Dark Summer Camp? I am thinking about it. Jeaniene Frost will be there along with tons of fans. http://www.frostfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1841
here is the registration website some other great authors as well http://www.authorsafterdark.org/pages/registration.html
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am

Daryinda is on the list and for you m/m Damon Swede. Also Nicole Peeler who I haven't read. check out the list...

http://www.authorsafterdark.org/pages/authors.html
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

ACK it's full. I signed up for the waitlist and if fate gives me a ticket then I am supposed to go, right?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

You should definately go if you can. Jeannine Frost and Darynda Jones are the only two names I even recognized!

ETA: Wrong....I recognized a few other names but hadn't read any of their books.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

McCarthys of Gansett Island....

This series gets better with every book. I love the folks on this island. Starting the third book....Falling For Love.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm

After our last Smexy Cover poll, I picked up the first of Jaci Burton's Play by Play series, The Perfect Play. I was lured in by this amazing cover:
Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) The_pe10

So....this cover caused some temporary (?) lack of brain activity, and I bought it without looking at the price. Oops. Luckily, the book was awesome. If you've read Tigers and Devils, it was like a naughtier m/f version of that. Very sexy, rich, and famous football player is paired up with a relatively normal single mother. I could not put this book down and read it through in 2 days.
The hero, Mick, became my dream man when he took off Tara's dress shoes and rubbed her feet. Just because! LOVED him instantly.
It's very much an erotic romance. Mick and Tara have a lot of sex in this book. A lot of naughty, and um, unconventional sex. Sex in creative locales. Not only is Mick a fantasy man, but he delivers fantasy sex too! My least favorite word (pussy) gets used a lot, but I loved the story enough that it didn't put me off.
In the end (yes that is a hint!), I enjoyed this book a bunch. Will I continue the series? I'd love to but it's expensive. The Perfect Play was $12.99! The rest of the series is priced at $9.99, and I might splurge on them every now and then. It's certainly not a series that I'm going to blow through one after the other. Burton's publisher is doing her a HUGE disservice by overpricing her books, imo.

Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Uh, Dopple.... What did you say? my brain shut off there for a second. Wink

Nice review. You made the book sound very appealing and the addition of the cover didn't hurt either.
I agree about the over pricing. I feel like digital books should be so much cheaper, especially the first in a series. C'mon don't the publishers want to get me hooked?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:19 pm

drool
Ummm NICE!!!!
I like the ' A Play By Play Novel' line.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:03 pm

IKR? drool I think it was that little hint of ass cheek that turned my brain off. I can now add guys going commando in sweats to my list, along with kilts and top hats.

This is the only series I've seen where the first book costs the most. What is the publisher thinking? cuckoo
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm going to have to get this book. drool

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm

They should sell posters. Or life-sized cutouts.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

I picked up this series just because of the cover. I was in the library one day and saw the first one and I just had to take it home with me. drool Unfortunately, I had to return it, but I enjoyed it while it was mine. Then the rest of the series came out and I have enjoyed them as well.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm

My library doesn't carry them....they generally don't carry books considered 'erotica' or 'erotic romance'. But they have the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy! WTH?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Seriously Dopple? Wow! I looked those books up on my libraries website and I can order them from there. Which is what I will end up doing.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah. The bigger library in Wichita might have them, but they also have a bed bug infestation! No thanks.

So I had a killer headache last night Owen, and decided that Book 2 (Changing the Game) was just the thing I needed to feel better. Less than 24 hours later and I'm done with the book! That's incredibly fast for me. Headache is gone too. Coincidence? no idea I'm giving the book credit so I can justify buying book 3 next time I feel crummy.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Bed Bugs in books??? I really wish you hadn't wrote that. I didn't even know that was possible.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I never heard of bed bugs in books. I would not be getting books from that library either.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm

They found the bugs in chair upholstery, but the ick factor is too large. I'll shell out $13 or find another book first. I may have to see if there is a way to request my little local library purchase a book. I mean, if they carry 50 Shades, so the seal is broken.

I blew through Jessica Bird's (JR Ward) Leaping Hearts this weekend. I think I'm turning into a Contemporary Romance junkie.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I have not read any of her books written by Jessica Bird. They must be good if you read a bunch this weekend. I'll have to check them out.

I agree. I would pay 13 per book before I took the chance of having critters in my book.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

I just read the one this weekend (Leaping Hearts), but it was good. Impressive, really, considering it was her first published book. I found myself wanting to smack the heroine a few times, but there were a couple scenes that had me laughing out loud and the romance just lured me in. I never would have picked up a book about a romance between rich equestrian show jumpers if it didn't have Ward's name on it.

I've also read An Unforgettable Lady and An Irresistible Bachelor, just not this weekend! Both were excellent. There were even a couple scenes that were very similar to scenes in Dark Lover - little unintentional Easter Eggs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next