Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DICK LIT (cos we can !)

Go down 
+6
showmethelove
b4v
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 am

Well..... Wolf Man by Ethan Stone was not very good, at all, at all Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 am

Okay. So. Here I sit. I said I was moving on from m/m. Intended to. I read a little of The Bronze Horseman. Nearly died of the brain freeze....bored to death. Maybe it's the foreigh names. I don't know. Can't really get into Rifter...though I keep trying. So. What do I do? I go download another Harper Fox, Driftwood. Two or three pages...PAGES...in, and I am totally hooked. I am just hopeless. And addicted. And...happy. I love Harper Fox. She dedicated Driftwood to Josh. Her mentor. sigh
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I read Zero at the Bone over the weekend......... and also loved it!!!! wine I dont think its my fave because there is just so much tough competition; but it was a fantastic story. Reminded me a little of Z or V's character in how D is very emotionally isolated...... hhhmmmm they all have initial's for names, interesting. I guess its part of that shielding.

I also think its a pity that it is not classified as a romance just because the relationship was M/M; because although there were a few sex scenes they weren't very descriptive (not like margerine and olive oil for example Wink ). Oh well guess we are just going to pimp it that much harder!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Sabby--The competition is tough. Adrien English remains my very favorite. Psycops is a very, very close second. So close in fact that it may, more correctly, be a tie. Zero is way up for me. I think it may be at least in my top four or five. Hard to quantify the most perfect read. If we start including ALL the genres, though, Outlander moves to the top with some space to second place. And, I have to put BDB and Cat and Bones in there. And, I can't leave out Trina's Huntress series. Oh...crap! Jane Yellowrock has to be in the top 3 or 4....Well....nevermind. I can't say that I like this one better than that one...except for Outlander. I can't even imagine anything ever displacing that. Well, then I start thinking about Adrien and Jake and it starts getting closer and closer. I think I should just shut up now. The real trick for me is how long it takes to want to reread. All the ones I've mentioned I have reread....ahem....more than once. Outlander is HUGE, and I started rereading the second I read the last word of the most recent book. That is the record.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Oh my were you guys right about Zero at the Bone. cheers

The internal arguments Jack and Dboth have bother me. First of all, they sound too similar to each other, and second they are just plain silly. And these are not silly men.
But the story is a great thriller so far. And I love the mashup of Jack and D with uneducated (-sounding at least) vs. multiple advanced degrees, having a job he loves and losing it vs hating his job and unable to get away. I'll have to post more tonight when I have time, because I'm dying to discuss this one.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm

It's a good one, Dopple! It stays with you for a few days too. Don't try reading anything too quickly after it or you will be giving it short shrift.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I agree with Fae. It was two days after I finished Zero before I could read more than a few sentences without just laying it down with a sigh. You have already pegged one thing that I thought was important....the way they thought so much alike. Well, two. One sounds almost totally uneducated and the other has multiple degrees. I have already reread! Holds up, too.

Next...if you just really, really love dick lit, you should read Driftwood by Harper Fox. If you really, really don't like dick lit you should read Driftwood by Harper Fox. Actually, if you liked Zero you will probably like everything that Harper writes. That was my fourth Harper book. I think she only has 3 more and some are pretty short. She can write a great story. Huh, why not? She says that Josh is he mentor. He wouldn't mentor someone that was second rate.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm

After Zero, I'll probably try to stick with my paranormal / UF books. I really don't care if there is one dick or two involved in the romance, I can go either way. Wink. But I do miss the paranormal element when its not in my stories.

If I had to list a fav m/m series, and that's not easy to do, it would be Psycops.

Dammit, I really really want to gab about Zero but I need to get back to work. Sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 pm

I'll be here if you wanna gab Dopple! Zero At The Bone was awesome! I know my favorite series is Adrien English but if I had to choose just one book...... At Piper's Point or Zero At The Bone I think. Thats hard to choose! Many many others I love! Okay I can't make a favorite list. Don't ask me to choose cussing
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:24 pm

If I had to choose a single book, it would probably be whatever I read last!
I'm completely disloyal that way. :shrug:

Shit, getting back to work...NOW!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

whit--wow. I like your favs. I hope Ethan does a sequel to APP...I miss Cassidy, and I want to see Dasie again. AE ranks up there with Outlander for me. Best series...best, best. Dopple....enjoy Zero. It is sooo worth it. Hey, I am missing my UF books, too. Every one I've tried to start recently winds up being too magicky....I don't mind a little magic....but, too much magic (Cassy Palmer, for instance) just leaves me bored stupid inspite of having to walk away from a couple of great guys. The only series I can tolerate with that much magic is Kate. Don't ask me why! It isn't logical. It just is. I must add that I don't just tolerate Kate....I love that series.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:42 pm

The Hell Cop anthologies are good UF/PNR if you find you want to read about 2 dicks, Dopple. There are a lot of good contemporary romances in the m/m genre but there is a dearth of good UF/PNR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Tigers and Devils is right up there! But I agree with Dopp PsyCop is my favourite series.... And guess who would love to come back at the end of the year? Josh!! twirling
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Josh...Josh...Josh... twirling

Ah...has anyone but me read enough (any) Harper Fox? She lives in England which would favor some of the international girls. And, she is so good. And she loves Josh.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I think you are it for right now, Shay.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:32 pm

All alone am I.......sigh.......
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I already have Driftwood on my amazon wishlist, Shay. I'm just catching up on a couple of YA new releases at the moment, but will make sure it's my next m/m read! Okay? cheers

I find I need to alternate my genres around a bit (except when I get caught up in a new series I just can't put down), otherwise it all tends to start feeling like I'm reading the same stuff over and over (even though they are totally different stories). I like variety, what can I say! I'm the same with music.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 pm

I am starting either Tigers and Devils or Cut and Run. For realz this time Wink Which one is funnier and smexiest?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh, that's a difficult question. I wouldn't describe either as funny but there are funny moments in both. The first C&R book has the least sexual detail of the three and T&D isn't detailed. Like ZATB, you don't miss it. The book is just damn good. For me, the C&R books were like Hot Tamales. I couldn't stop at one. Ugh, so I guess I can't answer your question. Flip a coin or something.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Ummmm....thanks?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 pm

You're more than welcome! twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:54 pm

LOL at flipping a coin. So which one has good head and which one has better tail?

Is Hell Cop the one with the Demon boyfriend? I do want to read that one.

star Zero star

I've been on a binge since I started this book, reading every spare minute. Turns out I don't have nearly enough spare minutes.

I'm a little over halfway through...Jack just left to go with Churchill who I don't trust worth a damn. I can't believe D opened up and let him know what Jack is to him. Wow. Glad you opened up D, but did it have to be to that guy?

I've got all kinds of crazy theories knocking around about who X might be. D's sister? The soldier who tried to knife him and got discharged? A hit he didn't take? I'm all over the place with this one. If there have been any decent clues dropped about X I've missed them entirely. And how in the hell is X able to track D so closely? That's downright spooky.
I do worry that when X says he/she owes D one, that it isn't so much a favor as a payback. Hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 am

Dopple, I'll say one of your theories is correct, but I'm not saying which one! :whis:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 am

Yeah? Whistle in my ear b4v.... Cos I don't see which theory is right lol or is this bluff and double bluff smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 am

I get what b4v is saying. Not one of the theories...one of the potential story lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DICK LIT (cos we can !)
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: