Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH

Go down 
+3
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
2shay
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Rolands book - as in a book on Roland; which would be fun, as he is such a 'cool cat' or his book in your book??
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
Do you have any idea how many times you made me cry reading the Adrien English books? ☀

Sorry, that one is rhetorical. I'll have real questions once I've had time to process.

:P Not too many, I hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshlanyon.com/
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:16 pm

SwedeLover wrote:
I have been looking at your Goodreads thread and your web site and blog, not that I'm stalkerish at all . . . heck at least I am in Australia, so you are safe..ish Wink and am staggered at how much time you devote to interacting with your fans! how do you find the time? and what are the chances of you coming to visit us once in a while after the chat??

I enjoy interacting with my readers! But to be honest, it's getting harder and harder to keep up these days. I try to find ways of simplifying and organizing everything, and that helps, but...I do have to balance it. The social media stuff, though fun, can seriously cut into writing time.
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:17 pm

SwedeLover wrote:
I absolutely adore my music - and i saw that you had a playlist for both Fair Game and The Dark Tide - are they still available on itunes? i found the list for Fair Game but cant find the Dark tide one anywhere anymore Sad

I'll try and find that list before the chat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 am

just read Snowball in Hell - oh my god, that was simply the most beautiful book i have ever read! i know i tend to overdo the hyperbole somewhat - but trust me when i say this is a must, must MUST read! i cried such sweet tears Sad thanks Josh, again for a superb book!
i dont have much interest in reading about this era - but gosh the way it was written; so punchy and snappy i alsmost felt like i was watching an old black and white movie from then... so clever! and god my heart broke for Nathan when he said what he was so close to doing in London; damn this book is going to stay with me for quite a while. <sigh> so good!!
thanks Josh, AGAIN for a superb book!...

bounce there is a sequel right? please.... bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 am

and whilst it is so good of you to stop buy to "cram for your exam" you must also browse the posts in your other threads - i know you call us readers, which we are, but we really are fans too....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Wow! So was the first Adrien book published in 2000??? And the last in 2009? Jeez thank god I only found them this year 9 years would have killed me! Do you feel like all of a sudden you are a huge overnight star? The release of Snowball in Hell ranked really high - 1st on Carina I think and 3rd on Amazon - I mean that is massive!
Is there a direct link with ebooks being the main medium? I don't have any in print (less chance of my daughters stumbling onto mums books) :oops: gotta love password protection on a kindle!
Anyway the question was in there somewhere ... Has the big use of ebooks been a factor in helping the sales of your books?

Last edited by SwedeLover on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Is it hard to write a book in another era - like Doyle and Spain? The writing just seemed so quick and almost clipped, like in old movies, I really felt like I WAS watching an old movie.... Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 am

So we have contemporary bounce historical :queen: fantasy Suspect what is the chance of one of your guys popping out some fangs or claws and furr 🐱 ??
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm

OMG!! Swede, if any of Josh's characters popped the fangs, claws or fur we would be ruined. We would just sit around with drool running down our chins waiting for his next book. Wait...as I wipe my chin....aren't we already doing that?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Josh--You have had to do a lot of research for your books. I really enjoyed some of the insights into wine and wine making in A Vintage Affair. Is there anything that you have learned in your research that has been a favorite for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Q. Are you having the time of your life?
Not here, necessarily Wink - we PURLS may be late to the party and I lean toward an obsessive nature but, there seems to be a general Josh-fest going on everywhere at the minute. You seem to have so much work out there, are they mostly books that you wrote a few years back or you a writing dynamo that is able to churn out so much so quickly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:20 pm

2shay wrote:
OMG!! Swede, if any of Josh's characters popped the fangs, claws or fur we would be ruined. We would just sit around with drool running down our chins waiting for his next book. Wait...as I wipe my chin....aren't we already doing that?
I know !!!!! You might even need a rabies shot before entering Joshlandia lol!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm

True. lol!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:20 pm

What did James do with the Dickens?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Josh--Out Of The Blue........Did you fly in any of the old bi-planes? I had a friend who had a aerobat, and I have actually ridden through an Immelman. Eeeeeeee......fun!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Will you ever write a character who is beyond redemption?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Josh--Is there a reason why most/all of your books have a sort of non-ending? I have my own thoughts, but would appreciate your comment. I have gotten sort of use to your endings because I can see.....possibilities and potential. Hope? Is that your intent? To leave your reader believing ....?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Well they leave us wanting more, more, MORE smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 pm

How many books do you have planned for The Darkling Thrush series? I think this is a fascinating world and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:21 am

What have Jordan, Josh and FaeLadyFae done to me??
Josh - I have never, ever, ever reread books - everyone here will confirm that over the years we have been "hanging" out on the net that I just never reread....
And now it seems I have found books that I love to read and reread smile
You would think that would save me money, but so far I haven't found that to be the case as I am still stockpiling for that rainy day! Anyway I just finished reading The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks and i) I think Perry may just be my favorite individual character in your books and ii) Perry and Nick may just give Jake and Adrien a run for their money in the Devastatingly Delicious Duo stakes!

QUESTION : will we get more Nick and Perry? I see huge potential with them moving to LA - so many possible story lines as they continue their journey, which has just begun.

Last edited by SwedeLover on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 am

Is Salmon Creek a favorite cabernet of yours? I believe Adrien and now Perry selected that wine. Any signifigance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 pm

I should really just copy and paste this for every time I finish a book, but . . .
Q1 - Will we get more of Robert and Noel? I would love to see some of the lead up to the New Years Eve "event" Wink
Q2 - Also is there any particular character that you identify with the most?? Could it be Noel?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Adrien English Series

Josh, I want to know what Kate was thinking during her marriage to Jake. He never stopped using condoms, apparently. She was a detective. Did she know about Jake? Did she have her own reasons for continuing in that relationship? Will we ever know? OMG....I can't let go of Adrien and Jake.....and Kate. If Kate was clueless.....she was too stupid to care about..much. No woman, detective or not, is going to let the condom issue go. Talk about your red flag warning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 pm

BOOK COLLECTIONS
whilst i love my kindle I still really love actually being able to flick through a book - are there any plans to compile anymore collections of your novellas? i have 'tentatively' put 1, 2 and the 3 partners in crime into my Amazon basket - a collection of the Adrien English books would be great smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: