Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I am in a funk....partly because I am pretty busy and partly because Erastes book, Junction X was THAT powerful I am still feeling it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:40 am

Between my everyday activities plus end of the school year activities plus my current ice cream obsession I've read nothing recently. I can't even claim to have read an awesome book that soured me for other books! Waugh!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm

happy dance Yay!!! I found my lost amazon gift card. I got it this last Christmas and then misplaced it somewhere. My wonderful husband found it while we were digging for something else we lost. heh. Still haven't found the charger for the mini DVD player we were hoping to entertain the kids with on our upcoming flight. BUT, I don't care if they're jumping in the isles cause I'm going to buy a good book and ignore them.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Defiant is released in the morning! happy dance happy dance
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Yes, it came to my kindle. I am still readingh the new Keri Arthur Risa book #3 that came out last week. Once done then Defiant.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello luvies hugs
Sorry I've been missing
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 am

gracious-plenty wrote:
Hello luvies hugs
Sorry I've been missing

Hello!! Hi

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 pm

So any good books out Laughing?
I have the new LKH Anita downloaded bit just can't seem to find time to read. Sad
Maybe loo
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Always good books out there! Pamela Clare's Defiant just released. I might be my all-time favorite historical romance. Yep, that's what I said.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Gasp! Better than Outlander? Wowza, historical romances aren't normally my thing, but that's damn high praise.
Defiant is part of a series, right? Could I skip directly to Defiant without getting lost, or do I need to start at book 1?

Just for the hell of it, I have to share this joke.

A SHORT LOVE STORY

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.
Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying,.......... 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight ... let's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow!...................... That's a great idea!', he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied. .............'Get your own blanket.'

After a moment of silence, ......................he farted.

The End

Anyone else have a good joke? I could use a few good laughs.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
Gasp! Better than Outlander? Wowza, historical romances aren't normally my thing, but that's damn high praise.
Defiant is part of a series, right? Could I skip directly to Defiant without getting lost, or do I need to start at book 1?

Just for the hell of it, I have to share this joke.

A SHORT LOVE STORY

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.
Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying,.......... 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight ... let's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow!...................... That's a great idea!', he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied. .............'Get your own blanket.'

After a moment of silence, ......................he farted.

The End

Anyone else have a good joke? I could use a few good laughs.

Seriously trying to kill me here. roflmao That was great!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh and this Blah Blah blah thread is a for sure STAY !!!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 pm

2shay wrote:
Always good books out there! Pamela Clare's Defiant just released. I might be my all-time favorite historical romance. Yep, that's what I said.
Such sacrilege! I thought books 1 and 2 of pamela clare's series was typical of those types of highlander historical fiction. Nothing overtly stood out except instead of the highlands you have misplaced highlanders after Culloden mingled with American Indians which was interesting historically. I was quite bored at times with books 1 and 2. That said I loved the third (defiant). Though there are a few pieces I'd like tied up. That said even book 3 was no where as good as any of the outlander books in my opinion. The Diana Gabaldon books are in a class of their own. That said I can't fairly compare and because of book 3 I would now highly recommend this series which before was just on a list of books that are defiantly worth a read. I think Pamela came into her own in this one. I hope to see a spinoff series with Joseph.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Okay. Wait a minute. I never compared Pamela Clare's MacKinnon's Rangers series to Outlander. There are a LOT of historical romances, and some of them don't even involve highlanders. Outlander is in a class by itself and is difficult or impossible to pigeonhole as romance/sci-fi or what. Calling Outlander ...historical romance? Not me. And I stand pat. My.....notice that I said MY...all time favorite historical romance is MacKinnon's Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Oh thank goodness, I thought you'd lost your mind Shay!

Can I just read Defiant, or will I be lost without books 1 & 2?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm

I think you should read 1 and 2 first or you will not enjoy/appreciate all that happens in 3 w/o it. Though you probably won't be lost. Because of 3 being so good I am contemplating a series read down the future and her other books are getting bumped up on my tbr pile. Glad you didn't lose your mind Shay.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:44 am

LOL....no loss of mind. Who can classify Outlander? Dopple, I do believe that you can read Defiant alone. The MacKinnon story will work. However, there are a LOT of other characters that will seem pretty one dimensional without the background of the first two books. It really does work best as a whole story.

If it was left to me, I would read the Afterward in Defiant before even starting Surrender. There is information there that, to me, is pretty curcial. Not about the stories themselves, but about some of the history surrounding Roger's Rangers that Pamela based the MacKinnon's on. Also, the caretaker for Roger's Island, Ranger Island in the books, is a regular poster on Pamela's Defiant page and is constantly telling us some detail of the stories that Pamela got absolutely right. A couple of other historians of that time have mentioned Pamela in blogs and articles. She gets the history as close to perfect as is possible while writing fiction.

Another thing. If you have seen Last Of The Mohicans you should know that it would have occured just before the start of Surrender. And, BTW, LOTM, while beautiful to watch and very interesting, is not as historically accurate as the MacKinnon stories. There are a LOT of accuracies in the movie, mostly about the politics and the way the war was fought. The brutality was real. One of the important aspects of the movie was the way the French were losing control of their Indian allies. "The massacre", after the British left Fort William Henry wasn't nearly as bad as shown in the movie, and Col. Monroe (a real person) was not killed in the massacre.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 am

General comment on Pamela Clare books: Whether in her historicals or contemporary books, she writes, IMO, some of the BEST sex scenes. I think one of the best sex scenes I've ever read is in the first book of her I-Team series, Extreme Exposure. A little BD without the Sm, and how do you have a menage with only two people in the room?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 am

Dopple I would really read 1 & 2 because if you didn't you would miss out on characters like heart Joseph heart plus not that you would be completely lost because at the beginning of Defiant Connor has a little walk through memory lane about what happened in the first book but you'd miss out on the other brothers and that would just be a shame.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

star Defiant star

I can't help but wonder...if the brothers are so viral and William Wentworth said, and they were all so frisky before meeting their matches, do you think there are some bastards running around? Also, what about Joseph? he used the same potion on his American Indian woman. Wonder if he got it wrong? Like he said himself, he's not a midwife. I find it said not seeing his or Killy with a happy ending. Also William and the colonial (now general). I'd like to know more as well as Bourgyne.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

star Defiant star

If the MacKinnon brothers, who admitted sleeping around with the women of Stockbridge, have had babies, they wouldn't really be considered "theirs". Indian women welcomed babies, as did the entire tribe. And they wouldn't be considered "bastards" by the Indians, either. That's a white, anglo-saxon prejudice, not Indian. So. No. They don't have any bastards running around. There may be babies that the MacKinnon brothers contributed to, although it is doubtful because Indian women really did know how to take care of themselves most of the time.

Pamela has said that there will be a "Joseph" book, and probably at least one more. We know one other tidbit. Wentworth will go back to England at war's end. Pretty much the end of Defiant. On her fan page their are many people asking for at least a short story or novella about Killy, Dougie and some of the other minor characters. Hope! Right now, Pamela is up against a deadline on the next I-Team book. Due at editors the end of Augst.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 pm

That is great news 2shay! I look foward to some spinoffs!

star defiant star

I was more talking townfolk babies (...wasn't the beginning when they were falsely accused of murder that Connor had been servicing a widow?) and not Amican Indians (plus it would be obvious had one of them begot a child in Joseph's village since it wouldn't be full Native American). I want to hear more about Wentworth. I-team is on my list. What time period is that one?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Drat! With all the excitement about Defiant, it's tempting to skip straight to the latest release. I'll get there.
I've read the first I-Team and Shay is right - there's some fantastic sex in it. And I know how they have a menage with only 2 people in the room! Webcams are not involved, I swear.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:46 pm

uapeople~The I-Team series is set in present day and the ladies of the book are Journalist and the men are either Cop, Miltary, Senator. Along those lines anyway. Pamela Clare can really write one helluva sex scene that's for sure and the plots in all the books are really good. Definitely one of my favorite authors who write about humans. smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:14 pm

And the conversation at the beginning of Extreme Exposure was priceless! Pamela told us that "the" conversation actually took place. Only the names were changed to protect the naughty! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: