Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Chloe Neill - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:04 am

star HB star

I am still in the wait until I hear the reviews before I purchase/read the next book league.

It wasn't just the ending that threw me off, it was the writing throughout. IMO it read like a poorly written YA book. Numerous food references, weak plot lines, as Kimba stated - "the stake toss" that ended Salina, Merit's not-so-witty banter with EVERYONE, etc.

I loved the first three books and have read them all at least three times. I haven't even flipped through this book a second time.

That being said, I want Chloe to succeed as I do think she is a talented writer. It just seems she needs a better editor to guide her in her writing.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Went to the Chloe Neill chat tonight. Here are some of the questions that were asked and there answers..

Q. Ethans Tat has some kind of ulterior motive/like a magic tat?
A. She said Yes it does but not telling..

Q. Morgan and Merits Mind reading and how they can do it
A. Vamps can only communicate with there masters but Morgan and Merit can because it is related to how powerful they both are. Basicaly it boils down to there power.

Q. Will Jeff's animal be revealed? Green eyes?
A. His animal will be revealed and the green eyes is the prophecy and is important to the series

Q. Now that things are differnt will Merit join the RG?
A. Can't answer but i think you are correct that circumstances will make her concider RG membership differently

She said she didn't write HB to irritate people it was just how the plot/story needed to go.

She said can't give away spoiler but Ethans death brought him and Merit closer.

Q. Sense it's revealed that her dad has been manipulating her is there going to be a good butt kicking coming his way?
A. Not in DD there are 2 many other things are her plate.

Q. Will we learn more about Jonah?
A. Yes

Q. Can't help nut think Merits dream with ethan is significant. Physic ablitlty or Subconcious?
A. Can't answer about the dream

Gonna find out why Catcher was kicked out of the order

Q. Willmore be revealed in DD regarding Merits abilities that seem to impress the supernatural community?
A. Defiently see her developing as sentinel and using her gifts

Q. Now that Ethanks out of the way will Morgan try to patch things up and start over again or will she go towards Jonah?
A. She said we cannot exspect her to answer that but she will say that Merit will get her HEA eventually.

Q. What's up with the green eyes cause they seem to pop up on quite a few of your characters?
A. That's just her liking Green eyes!

It was a pretty interesting chat. Lot's of people there and it was hard to keep up. My question was the RG question. I had alot of fun checking it out. smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks Starbrites! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:20 am

Starbrites you rock! hugs
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:57 am

Starbrites....thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Very welcome! I figured you all would love to hear what she had to say as much as I did!! smile I wanted to copy and paste the chat but the place that was doing it wouldn't let me plus there was so many ppl and they were typing so fast I was lucky to get down the questions that were actually about the book and not questions that were just about herself in general. It was fun!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Thank you starbrites! Hmmmm..... her answers are very vague. Good job CN not telling us much roflmao

But I am betting Ethan comes back one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Oh Yes--I hope you're right!
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:55 pm

It's so interesting... I think the writing is on par with ... or actually... better in this last book than the first couple books especially. More action in the 3rd book, so that one was possibly my fave. Not sure.

I know that some people were turned off/ put off the series by this last book... my experience is the exact opposite. I believe in CN and her ability as a writer even more now and I couldn't be more fully on board... anxiously awaiting to see where the next book takes us and what will be revealed.

excited excited excited excited
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:33 am

I agree with you, Dew, if the book wasn't good, what happened wouldn't have got to me so much. I can't wait to see where she takes us.
Back to top Go down
kshannon

kshannon

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:32 pm

b4v wrote:
I agree with you, Dew, if the book wasn't good, what happened wouldn't have got to me so much. I can't wait to see where she takes us.

I agree with both of you. I loved HB and Chloe hooked me in wanting more even with the loss of a major character. It has become one of my favorite series.

Last week I started reading the books again. Gabe hinted that she would lose someone close to her, not in those words but the meaning was clear.

November can not get here fast enough!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I gave this series to a preggers friend, now as she get closer to Hard Bitten I am concerned lol, gonna to make sure I'm not with in beating distance for a few days after.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh shit! You are a meeeeaaan woman! I haven't recommended this series to anyone since the last book, and I won't until I'm happy cussing
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Wow, you like to live dangerously, greencat.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Amanda!! you minx you Wink

I can't wait for DD
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

roflmao That's so NOT nice!! smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 am

97 days to suffer, ah, I mean wait, 'til Drink Deep!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Drink Deep Official Spoiler Thread !!!!!   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 pm

This is the official Drink Deep Spolier thread for the 5th book in Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires Series.

Because this is the official thread, no spoiler stars are really necessary.

Happy reading reading
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Can't wait too start this.

Who else is going to start this one with me???
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Me! Me! Me! I cannot wait!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 pm

omg say what wtf There's too much to read reading Doppleganger loo why!!! ........
Why isnt there more I\'m waiting be right back; I'm gonna have to hold off on Magic because yeah I gotta find out what the hell is happening!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:17 pm

I have to wait for the bloody book to turn up!! Got notification it was in the mail so finger xx soon it turns up. Please, please no spoiler slips on other threads smile Kindle won't release it till next week either!! So what is up with that!!! I'm gonna start taking this shit personally tantrum I will be reading as soon as it turn up!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 am

Got it! Will start today. Finished Voyager early this morning and Drink Deep is next! May start at lunch or earlier if I get a chance. twirling
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:16 am

I'm waiting on mine from the library Sad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 am

Just finished cleaning the house and now I am off to start Drink Deep! happy dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next