Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:26 am

star Cry No More star by Linda Howard

very sad very sad very sad

The last part of this book is a "box of tissues" tear jerker! Milla had her baby stolen when he was just 6 weeks old. The next 10 years of her life are spent looking for him. Her husband, the father of the baby, divorced her because he couldn't go on with her obsession. She starts Finders, a volunteer organization to help find missing people. This story is beautifully told. Linda Howard writes beautiful, compelling characters. I SUFFERED with Milla. Anyway. I got over it, but the end is one of the happiest/saddest HEA's I have ever read. Only read this one if you have a constant supply of tissues and no aversion to a wet, swollen face. very sad very sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:50 pm

star Needing Nita by Norah Wilson

This is the sweetest little novella, and it's free! Readerchic put me on to this a while age, and I just got to it. Pretty short, but I liked this author enough that I have bought the first book in her Serve And Protect series, Guarding Suzanna.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Sometimes I just want to read a sweet story. No bad guy, killings, kidnapping, blood sucking, shifting, etc. I have a few favorite authors that I go to for those books. Let me know if you want some recommendations.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm

I loved Breaking Point! As you know, since we both post there every day, Pamela Clare is one of my top most favorite writers! Love that siggy! Zack! sigh

Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:20 am

Ok, I have a book to recommend. It's not the usual fare, but I thought it was worth a mention: BET ME by Jennifer Cruisie. It's a typical romance, but I thought it was pretty funny and very quirky. The author is new to me, but she has several books out. I saw this book mentioned over on the boards at the Ilona Andrews' website. It's about a guy(a serial dater) who may or may not have taken a bet about getting a stranger to sleep with him in under a month. The stranger is Min, an actuary, who has just been dumped and needs a date to her sister's wedding in 3 weeks. Funny stuff ensues. It's a good book if you need something light and funny that is just odd enough to be different and refreshing.

Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:24 am

I downloaded Pamela Clare's Skin Deep, but I haven't read it yet. I needed something funny, see above. Wink I should get to it soon.
RC, I'm going to look into Linda Howard and Cherry Adair. Thanks for the recommendations. 2shay turned me onto Pamela Clare and I have really enjoyed some of her books.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:16 am

Cali---If you want some really good, really funny contemporary romance, try Christi Craig! She is a really, really good writer with the strangest sense of humor....start with Divorced,Desperate and Delicious. I laughed until I nearly choked! Not kidding! Oh, and there is a pretty good mystery in the story, too. She has a slew of good books, and so far they are all based in Texas which is kinda fun for me.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:10 pm

So I just read On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves and I thought it was Fantastic! After reading Fifty and Ty & Zane I just needed a simple story and this one not only turned out to be that one but I loved every minute of the story.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:31 pm

2shay, thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely look into christi craig.

Starbrites, is that the book with an affair between a teacher and a student?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:52 am

Calimama~ I don't know if it's an affair or not but yes that's the story. It was really good. He was 16 and she was 30. He was just in remission from cancer and had missed a lot of school and she was going to be his tutor for the summer while he and his family vacationed. On there way the plane crashes and they end up on an island stranded. They end up being there for 3 or 4 yrs and don't form a sexual relationship till he's almost 19 but they go threw so much together and of course have a very strong bond. There life's are changed when they are finally rescued and there relationship is tested with all the media and of course the age difference. On the island it was no big deal but in the real world there's problems. I really liked the story. It was different and simple and emotional but not to emotional.

Shay~ finally started reading Skin Deep! Pamela Clare is such a good writer. I saw her first book Sweet Release is free right now at Amazon and I hadn't bought yet so I booked it over there and downloaded it. You've already read it right?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh, Yes! Starbrites, if Pamela wrote it, I've read it. Most of them more than once. Sweet Release is one of her historicals. Have you read her other historical trilogy? MacKennon's Rangers? Surrender is the first, then Untamed and we are waiting for the release of the last one, Defiant. These are GREAT books. Have you joined Pamela's I-Team facebook page? It's a private page. We have a freakin' blast!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I have read the first book in the mackennon series and I have the second one which I really need to read before Defiant comes out this summer. I just joined the I-Team facebook page today! It says I needed to add my birthday to a Doc but I use my cell and I couldn't find it. smile I have time to figure it out sense my birthday has already passed. I did jump right in on some of the posts. Finished Skin Deep today and heart it! As always another fantastic book. I thought Nate was a perfect match for Megan and OMG did you not just fall in love with Jack?? I loved that old man! He had some of the best lines and he was just awesome. You know in some Novella's I sometimes feel like there just wasn't enough to really get to know the characters before they get there HEA but I didn't feel that way with this book. She did such a great job. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. I can't wait for some more of those guys. I will have to take some time and go threw the FB page to read the posts. I did see that someone wrote that Juaquin (did I spell that right?) Is going to have his own I-Team book excited I really like him so that's exciting and PC just wrote in a post that Jack would get his own story. Another excited moment! I really liked that Reece is switching professions again. He needs a new job because he's kinda out of the loop. Damn first book syndrome. smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Starbrites! YAY! There is also a Defiant page where we are discussing everything about the historical aspects and the fictional story in these books. Also having a blast! Man, I love Pamela! I haven't been on Facebook for days. Been busy and sick, so I missed your post on the I-Team page. I will try to find them when I have a minute.

Jack! I want him to have a new HEA! You're right. Skin Deep is one of the BEST novellas I have ever read. Of course, it wouldn't mean much without knowing Megan and Mark's backstory. What a story. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm

I didn't know about the Defiant page but I think I will stick to I-Team for right now sense I haven't actually read the 2nd book in the series. smile Yeah, people would be lost without Marc's story. You really needed all that info to really understand Megan and what she went through. I really was one of the best Novella's.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:57 am

Starbrites, thanks for the info about On the Island. It sounds interesting. I'm going to put it on my TBR list. I have enjoyed the I-team books so far and after reading your comments and Shay's, Skin Deep is next in my queue.

Shay, I just finished Christi Craig's Divorced, Desperate, and Deceived. It was very sweet and funny. I liked both of the main characters and I even found their backstories interesting. I sometimes find the generic baggage that characters in romance novels come with to be a little tiresome, but not so with this book. Thanks for the recommendation wine
Now, I have to catch some zzz's
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I haven't had a chance to keep up with the FB page. It is awesome how much it gets posted on. One day I will look back at all the great stuff there.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Bueller Bueller
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Don't wake me up. I'm busy drooling on my desk.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

LOL...Wow everyone must have wine Swedelover drunk this weekend and are still recovering or something. Maybe lots of irish coffee will help
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Cali--I am glad you enjoyed Christi Craig. I though she was pretty original. And very funny.

Pamela Clare's I-Team is my favorite thing. All those Alpha Males and Smart Women. I love the dynamics.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm

2Shay, I read all of the samples of Christi Craig's other books at the back of the Divorced book and the one that sounded the best to me was her YA series under the pseudonym C.C Hunter. It starts with Born at Midnight. I don't read a lot of YA series, but I decided to giver this one a try. Have you read it?

Anyone read it? bounce

Well, I ended up reading all three, Born at Midnight, Awake at Dawn, Taken at Dusk. They were pretty good. There were a couple really funny parts too. I always enjoy a little humor.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Getting excited for Jeaniene Frost's new Vlad book! I think it's out in like 3 weeks! WOOT! Hey anyone wanna make that the book of the month to read? In teh meantime I am still enjoying the Terry Spears Wolf series. Almost done with the ones that are out. Should be done in time for Vlad but even if not I am dropping it like hotcakes for that sexy firestarter vamp.I am have no idea why I preordered the LKH new one. Glutton for punishment I think!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Vlad is about to be released? I have not been keeping up with new releases! uap----I am doing a total reread of Pamela Clare's I-Team. I have a long, long thread going on her page. I freakin' love her page. I have made a lot of friends there, and we have a blast.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Starbrites, I read On the Island! I read it so fast. It was a good story and I enjoyed it. I loved how the love story was pretty subtle and it seemed so natural, which I think is something the author was probably aiming for. The age difference didn't bother me. I really felt for Anna when they came back from the island and she was crucified in the press. I loved reading about their survival on the island. Thanks for the recommendation cheers

star Spoiler if anyone plans to read it, for Starbrites' eyes only star
I thought it was good that they took a little time apart, so that they could both find a direction for their lives and then come back together after they had sort of moved beyond the island. I loved TJ's mom. I only hope I can be so understanding and wise with my own children.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 am

Yes, Vlad is about to be released. I love that Pamela Clare has that site but I can't keep up or rememeber anything much about that series. The only series I seem to rememeber is Outlander these days but that is probably becasue I have read and listened to it countless times and becasue I was reading it when Paul passed so it has even more meaning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: