Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:59 am

heart Sooooo glad ya'll are enjoying these books! I loved 'em. Gonna do a total reread soon!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:45 pm

star Extreme Exposure star

I read...no, I barreled through the first I-Team book Extreme Exposure. It reminded me of Erin Brokovich some. The only thing that turned me off was the epilogue, which was typical romance genre HEA involving marriage and babies. The main story was good enough to make me ignore the cliche ending though.

It gave me a eureka moment about why I enjoy the m/m books so much though (besides the obvious...ahem). No cliche endings with pregnancy announcements! twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm

For a fun contemporary romance, check out Compromising Positions by Jenna Bayley-Burke. I picked it up on a whim because it was free at the time (it's $4.24 now). It was funny, sweet, and just naughty enough. Plus I'm a sucker for a good cover, and this one is funny:

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Compro10

It's lendable on Kindle - if anyone is interested send me a PM.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:43 am

Dopple--I have sort of gotten into contemporary romance since reading the I-Team series. I am currently reading Shannon McKenna's McCloud series. Not as good as I-Team, but pretty good just the same. I-Team captured my attention because of Pamela Clare's reputation as a kick-butt journalist and editor. Her stories are things she has investigated herself, as a journalist. The cliche endings don't bother me much because the women...so far...while going for the whole picket fence thing, stay active with their careers, even if they choose to change them a bit. I like that.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 am

Downloaded Comprimising Positions!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Comprimising Positions is GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Did you buy it? Eeek! I'd have loaned it to you!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:34 pm

I am about 70% through....it is really good.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Damn Shay....you are super fast chickadee be right back
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

star Comprimising Positions star

Ladies, this is a great romance story. Thank you, Dopple, for the recommendation. It is a little emotional. Well, there are parts that are extremely emotional. Still...the idea of an excercise class combining yoga and the kama sutra to enhance couples sexual experience, being taught by a 27 year old virgin with a lot of book knowledge and no practical experience is hilarious. Her "show and tell" partner being a 6'5" hot, womanizing batchelor who she's had a crush on for 10 years makes for some really funny moments. Almost anyone will like this book. ETA: BOB has a minor roll. (Battery Operated Boyfriend)
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Hmmm doesn't jump out and poke me Shay. (Did I just say poke? cuckoo ) Maybe Dopple can loan me it, if thats possible smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Of course it's possible. I'll send you a PM, GC.

My internet is down (curses!), so be patient with me while I post from my phone.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't think I will be reading much of anything until I finish Shannon McKenna's McCloud series. I am just totally into their lives. Lots of sex...but that ain't it. Fairly improbable story lines....I don't care! I love these characters! The men the women. All of them.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 am

So I got recommended to read Maya Banks. Has anyone else read any of her books?

I was told to read her Colters' series.. Well, let me just say DAMN! A woman falling in love with 3 brothers. Yeah that's a bit different to read exspecially the in the bedroom stuff. lol But it was a damn good/HAWT book and of course then I got caught up in reading the the other one in the series and then I will read the other one. lol

I seriously think that if you can handle reading about a lady and some brothers you surely wont be disappointed.. Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Sigh.....I just finished Blood And Fire, the new release in Shannon McKenna's McCloud Brothers series. Y'all this ranks pretty high for me. I love these books.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Maya Banks....i haven't heard much about her. Sounds HothotHawt! I'll have to keep that one in mind for when i'm in the mood for some serious smexy.

McCloud brothers.....are they highlanders?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Shay..... Never heard of her. Good Books? Like Dopple asked are they highlanders? I love me some highlanders.. They are so Yummy!

Last edited by Starbrites on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I goofed and quoted when I didn't mean too.)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:40 am

Nope...no Highlanders.....Just let me say, though. They are very highlanderish! Big, tough guys with a totaly devotion to each other and their closest friends. In fact, the main guy in the first book isn't even a McCloud....he's their best friend. They are all ex---something. The McClouds were raised by a crazy paranoid father who taught them all kinds of survival skills. And.....and....tada! When these guys find the woman they want they are almost like the Brothers....you can almost hear MINE echoing in their heads. Total devotion. The books cover a lot of years, so the characters in the last book are older than in the first book. And the early characters appear regularly in the series as it rocks along. Like I said in a previous post, some of the situations and the story line are a little........wild......but interesting and a lot of fun! I mean, wild story line? Hello! I read about vampires and werewolves! If you can't handle the "real men and women" getting into some strange situations you might prefer the other of my fav romance series....
The I-Team series by Pamela Clare. Every story straight from the headlines. Every story GREAT and totally sexy.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am

Just had to add...again. Calling either of the two series above "romance" is a violation of truth in pimping. They are adventure/mystery stories with a lot of really sexy romance.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Well, Highlander or not it's hard to refuse big sexy men.. smile I think I will add her name to my find out more about this Author list..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:42 pm

looking for the like button.......looking.....oh....wrong place!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Okay. I know I said NO NEW WRITERS for me. Did anyone actually expect me to DO THAT? Don't know me, huh? Well, after Supernova, I read the ZA Maxfield vampire, m/m series..Noturrno...wonderful. Now, I have started Maya Banks Highlander trilogy. Loving these highlander guys. Just can't help myself. Highlanders rock! heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Damn Shay you read so dang fast. I jsut chatted with you yesterday and you already finished the vamp m/m one?
say what
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:17 pm

It will end, GP. Drought here! I actually have more time to read......cause....cause....crap...I ain't sellin' nothing! If the drought keeps up....I won't be able to AFFORD books. I'll be a borrowin'!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:17 pm

I agree with you Shay. Maya Banks Highlander Trilogy is good. I've read the first and I have the second one waiting for me. I've read a few of her other books and I loved them. Her Coulter series has some Menage to it which was WOW and the story line was pretty damn good too.. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: