Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:50 pm

My plan is Noturrno first, then Stirring! I'll be lucky to get through those by next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 pm

OH CRAP!!! omg I guess I better get started too; I have Noturrno and the one that follows plus 4 of the St. Nacho's.... dont have any Stirring; I'll have to check if that code showme sent is still valid!!!! be right back
I'll finish the last Devon Monk next weekend, since there is no rush anymore might as well wait and savor the last one!!! Cant get me enough of Zay drool in love or Shame!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Kinda glad the chat was changed now I have more time to finish some of the books twirling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Me too. Now I have time to get atleast a couple to read before hand..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

I loved all of ZAM's books. But...but.....her romantic comedies are really, really good. A serious story with some very snarky dialog. True romance with HEA's.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 am

I just downloaded A picture perfect holiday and will read it later today. Then I'll look threw the others and see what sounds good. Hmmm!! Anyone read crossing borders? It looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 am

Hearts In Darkness by Laura Kaye - I loved this book! It's a quick novella at 112 pages. I started it a little late last night, thinking I would just read a little before going to sleep. Then I couldn't put it down and stayed up waaaay late to finish.
I'm sucking down coffee like it's going out of style this morning, and it's Laura Kaye's fault!!

The story starts with McKenna struggling with her bag and phone while Caden holds the elevator for her. They are complete strangers. Because she is fussing around with her bag, all he can see of her is her hair and all she notices of him is the tattoo on his hand while he's holding the door. Soon after the elevator starts moving, the electricity goes out and the lights fail. They are in pitch black, stuck in the elevator for roughly the first half of the book. Great dialogue and lots of heat!
Doesn't hurt that Caden is all kinds of swoonworthy. drool
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:41 pm

For those of you who are Pamela Claire fans or fans of Highland Warriors, her new book, Surrender, released today. It's about three brothers who came to the colonies in the 1750's and are forced to work for King George. Can't wait! But, the December releases are killing me! I am so behind! OMG!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 am

checking that out 2shay!

Read the deets to Hearts In Darkness Dopple. Looks damn good. I already put it on my TBR!
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Don't worry, I'm behind too.

I should start a TBR list. What should I read after PsyCop? lol
I love Vic even though he sort of annoys me sometimes - too clumsy! hee hee

Kind of in the mood for vampire romance... smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:59 pm

1. JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood~ First book is Dark Lover!

2. Trina M. Lee~ Alexa O'Brien Huntress Series! First book is Once Bitten. Awesome Series!

3. Jeaniene Frost~ Cat & Bones. First Book~ Halfway to the Grave

4. Tina Folsom Vampire romance called Scanguards Vampires. First book is Samson's Lovely Mortal.

These are my Favorite Vampire Romances so far..

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Has anyone read Stacey Kaynes Wild series? I have the second one the library got me the third one but i have been all over looking for the first one. Mustang Wild is like MIA no place can get it for me. Does anyone know if it can be found and does anyone know do these books have to be read in order?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Oooh, I second Starbrites recommendations! I haven't read #4, but if it ranks with the other three I'm putting it on my tbr list!

I also enjoy Lara Adrien's Midnight Breed series and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter books.

I haven't heard of the Wild series, though.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

There is also JCP's Channeling Morpheus series. Very luscious vampire in that one.
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Thank you :D *updates TBR*
Was also looking for a M/M version of True Blood... Guess I'll maybe find this in the rec's! smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Daisy! Yay! I am so glad to came to PURLS.....You are just perfect for this site!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Channeling Morpheus is m/m. Lissa Kasey has a UF series with vamps as does Jourdan Lane. I'm sure there's more if you research it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 pm

It's funny, I haven't read that many m/m vamp stories. There's an m/m sidestory in J.R.Ward's books, but it's pretty tame.
Z.A. Maxfield has Notturno. Jordan Castillo Price wrote a standalone called Hemovore. Both are great. Not sure I'd call either if them the m/m Trueblood, but I enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Well....Och.....I am falling in love with Iain Mackinnon! So far, I am liking this Highland/Indian/frontiersman with an accent to die for!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 pm

star Surrender star by Pamela Clare

I almost posted this on the Diana Gabaldon thread. If you loved Outlander, y'all this is so damn close to fanfic that I can not believe the similarities! No time travel. But you have your wonderful, brave OUTLAWED Highland Warrior who has a gentle woman drop right at his feet while running from Indians. How she wound up in Up State New York in 1755 during the worst of the French and Indian War was pretty interesting. Bad ass uncle with a tendency to have women around him die suddenly, Including Lady Anne's mother. He is such a perv....??BJR???

I am not going to give you the whole story, but this I can't resist! Remember when Claire and Jamie were in Paris? Jamie was all upset because Claire took the hair off her legs and her oxters! And he was mortified that Claire's friend, Louisa, took the hair off her "honeypot". I laughed my ass off! Any way, what if Jamie hadn't thought that was a bad idea? In this story, Anne is shaving Iain's face as she does every day. He kisses her and gets shaving soap on her face. She says something about now he is going to shave her! He goes all quiet and intense.....yanks off her shift....spreads her out on the table....holds her down while she is laughing her butt off....and does it! Shaves her honeypot! Hello! Fanfic!

Having called this fanfic, let me say that I loved this story. There are enough differences in theme and characters to make it a terrific read. Plus, Pamela Clare is just a really good writer. I have already pre-ordered the next two books in this trilogy of the MacKinnon brothers.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Oh, yes. One other thing. Pamela Clare writes the BEST, HOTTEST sex...
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am

The first book in Laura Harner's Hoghland Destiny series, Highland Shift, is on sale at Amazon for .99. Couldn't pass it up. Who knows. I might love it.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Oh I'm going to have to try Surrender by Pamela Clare than... sounds in love !! Thanks for the reco Shay..... I mean who can avoid another honeypot scene!!!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I know, Sabby! All through this book I was seeing Jamie and Claire! But, like I said, it is different enough be be a good read. I shouldn't have told about the shaving. It took me totally by surprise! I just could not resist. Sorry. That was a pretty major spoiler.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Oh no worries about the "spoiler" actually that is what cinched it for me!!! I probably wouldn't have considered it before; for the most part I dont care for straight romance but this definitely sounded intriguing so will give it a shot!!! excited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: