Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 pm

I am feeling the need to read something early. Wink
I'm just saying
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 am

Sookieverseblog has her review up of Dead Reckoning. It's pretty good and not to spoilery! 4 more days to go!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:14 am

The Book Depository is processing my Dead Reckoning order at the moment, so hopefully won't be too far behind you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:19 am

me too bounce happy dance and HB
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 am

Yeah, they're the only ones I'll dish out the money for hardback, the covers are just so pretty.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:27 am

Well I drew from a paper cup and DR is what I picked so tomorrow get here already so I can devour this book!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

I seriously am surprised that I want to read TB before DR this time around. But I do
shake it baby
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:53 am

My HB of DR still hasn't shipped Sad So no question what I'll be starting tonight. I was thinking I would read TB first anyway. reading
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:44 am

Ok you guys, most of us know to use the star spoilers spoiler stars if you want to discuss anything spoilerish, so that it won't ruin someone's chances of seeing anything if they haven't read it yet. Right?

So please please please use the star or spoilers if discussing Hard Bitten if your post contains any spoilers. If you post should contain spoilers but no star spoilers, then your post will be deleted.

Thanks you guys

G-P, Swede, and the Mod Squad Suspect
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:01 am

I finshed the book. And I just don't know how I feel. It was better than the last 2 books,but then again I still felt bla at the end. Eager to discuss!

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:36 am

I agree better than the last two book, just me that thinks the ending wasn't all that? Some interesting facts came to light though. Has anyone but and Kimba finished? Hard Bitten first choice for most I know.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:56 am

I chose DR first....haven't finished. Easy to put down and work (I should read more like this). I haven't laughed or cried or said OMG, once. 'Nuff said. I will come back when I finish.
Back to top Go down
caligrl

caligrl

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:38 am

Finished last night.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Finished yesterday and HB today. Anybody want to give their thoughts?
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

UUmm I'll be starting tonight..... once I get over my shock of CN's HB!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Finished. Will talk later. Have to read HB.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:15 pm

star DR star

omg damn I am only in the beginning and Sookie is already annoying the hel out of me Mad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:31 pm

star DR star

Well I finished and right now I am really not sure what I am feeling.. It was for sure better then the last 2 and there was a great deal of information given to us this time which was nice but there are things that are pissing me off but I will wait till more have read it..
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Well shit
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:01 pm

GP, I agree!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Ladies pretty please keep HB spoilers to the HB thread for me, I have read DR but not HB so will be in here but not their twirling

What is irking you Starbrites. I enjoyed it even though the odd things didn't gel. Like Barry, is he a relative or what? I always thought the telepathy was nothing to do with Sups, well that the impression I got and now??
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

You must use stars when talking about details from new releases. Please ensure you have them to ensure your posts will not be deleted.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Charlanie Harris - Page 11 3692841837 DR Charlanie Harris - Page 11 3692841837
There were definitely some time line inconsistancies. I find that hard to deal with. I liked the book, but not as much as I'd hoped I would. I get the feeling some things are being stretched to make 13 books. IDK, probably just me.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Ok are you ready for my review. My real one and not the watered down version I will give on CH site? Hahaha! I will start HB tonight too so no spoily.

star DR star
Where the hell is Eric and why did Beeelll get all his lines? I want Eric back. He can go marry OK just as long as he is Eric.

Can I please edit the next book, because I think I would notice a whole important conversation happening twice. That would be the dejavu you got from reading Sookie explaining OK to Bill twice. The continuity errors really annoy me. I do not blame CH but her editor should be fired IMO. It is rather insulting to her fans.

With all that aside I did like the book. I think it was riveting and loaded, better than the last two for sure. So see it isn't all about Eric love with me. I know I am a glutton for punishment. I didn't like Sookie very much at the end as I thought she was a big fat hypocrite. And thank god Bill told her so. Loved the BB being broken and the fact that they still love each other. It was going good there for a minute, they almost seemed like their old selves. There is just so much going on in this book which was good, but it hurts my brain.

I think Sam is still a red herring. If she were interested she would put makeup on to go shopping, right? You worry about makeup if you want a man. She even glanced at Alcide's package but she never has those thoughts for her boss. And if he is the one she needs to start feeding us more Sam/Sookie and not more elaborate Eric plots. Because if I am wrong then that is just plain cruel.

If I hear one more person say on CH board says that they have always been a Sam fan or knew they would end up together I just might scream hypocrites and implode. Mad Sorry, that is not fair but there is only one SL in the past two years that I can remember and that was Samslion, so she is the only one who can say that. I am not being critical of the site or the author, just some fair whether fans that want to be on what they perceive to be the right side, they think hahaha. That annoys me.

The bite - well we will see. I have many theories on that one. And I think it is just put in to be an OMG moment, like the vampire loves you, or I'm free.... He has hurt her before with his bites in ATD and DAAD, both times she was under stress and I think she blocks out the feel good. She did have the magic wand on which makes her more fairy. The BB was broken so they were back to square zero, he couldn't tell he was hurting her. Maybe he was trying to renew the bond, but the breath stopped him, thus he was searching her face. Or maybe the breath blocked it?

Ok I feel better now. Discuss roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:58 pm

star star DR star star

I think what is bugging me most was Sookie's attitude in this book. Maybe it's just me but she seemed really different. I think she was 100% justified being pissed off at Amelia and Claude for what they did and yes even though I thought it was funny Alcide being in her bed it would have pissed me off too but I didn't really realize that she hated him so much. When did he become such a bad guy? I've always loved Alcide..

She was the one who damn near plotted the whole Victor murder but then was pissed off at Eric after it was done.. It was what she wanted. And I am glad that the blood bond is gone although when it first vanished I thought OH SHIT but I was one who wanted it gone too just to see how they would feel about each other without it. She's pissed about the having to marry the Queen thing but he is trying to figure out a way to get around it and it was not of his doing but it seemed like she was blaming him. I think just her attitude toward everything in this book bothered me alot.. Now that being said..

I was super excited to finally find out how she got the gift of reading minds. I am a little weary about that gift she got and not sure she should ever use it cause it seems like it could effect alot more then what she wishs for. I was pleased with Bill in this book. He really came threw when she needed him and it was funny how he kept waking up and then falling back asleep while she was under his house with him. I was also pleased that he called her out about the stuff that went down at Fangtasia and the stuff about Eric. I think no matter if she loves him ever again he does want her to be happy and not to make quick decisions she will regret later.

Ok, I think that is just about it for now.. lol Sorry for the long post..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next