Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 am

Good Morning, Everyone! Monday morning here. yawn......more coffee. Sun has just come up. Bad thunderstorms last night to the north of us. Several small communities were hit hard by hail. Stayed up late watching the weather.....hoping for some of the rain. But....NO! No rain for us. Still dry as a powder keg. Shoot.

Ya'll. Hopefully I have a new poster coming in. She is already registered and has been for a while. I asked her last night if she would like to join us. She was interested. Found out that she was already registered as readerchic. I suspect that she may have registered for a chat. Anyway, she has become a really good friend on facebook and talked me through Fifty Shades Of Grey. No.....no....she isn't a fan of BDSM. But, like me, loved 50 Shades. She has put me onto some really great romance stories and is an all-around blast to visit with. She must have registered for a chat cause she has never posted. You guys will like her. (ps.....I am trying to get her to read AE.)
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

I am planning a bit of a shuffle... Dani and Daniel will be merged into their respective Dick Lit threads and we will be focusing on a new author in the Dick Lit -- possibly someone that is new to most of you. Or at least some of you. I know Whit, Andy, Aniko and I love their work. Which reminds me.... May book club is M/M so I will get that up soon.

Finally I will be putting a more specific 50 Shades thread up -- hopefully tomorrow. Monday night here and I am whacked -- have had a lingering headache all day. Hope you have a good day.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am

hugs Feel better, Swede.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am

Everyone is talking about "the book". When I finish my wolf series by Terry Spear (that I am loving) I will read "the book".
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 am

Hey everyone! And thank you 2shay for inviting me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read & do so every chance I get. So far I've read only romance but I'm not opposed to reading different genres. I mostly read contemp, romantic suspense, historicals & paranormal. Steamy sex is great but not required. As long as the story is good I'll read it. I read very little erotic romance. I'm not a fan of BDSM or menages. They're just not for me. However, I firmly believe that everyone should read (and write) whatever they want to. The thing I love most about romance novels & authors is that there is something for everyone. I don't think anyone should be judged for what they read (or don't read). Some of my favorite authors are Linda Howard, Pamela Clare, Lori Foster, Lisa Kleypas, Cynthia Eden, JR Ward, Cherry Adair, Sandra Brown, Sabrina Jeffries, and many more. And I'm a huge fan of FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. I have a Kindle but I still prefer to have a real book in my hand. I'm excited to get to know all of yall! Thanks for having me! loo
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 am

Welcome to our crazy little group, readerchic! You'll fit in great here!

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Dopple, good morning. Hey, T! So glad to have you here! heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 am

Welcome readerchic Hi
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 am

Yes welcome...and I see Pamela Clare on that list but no Diana Gabaldon...if you liked Pamela you MUST read Diana if you haven't!!!!!
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am

I do have one of DGs books. OUTLANDER. I just haven't got to it yet. I will move it up & read it soon. I have a little problem with buying books. I can't seem to stop. My TBR shelves are overwhelming & I have the hardest time picking what to read next. I've heard both good & bad about it but I rarely let other people's opinions sway mine. Actually that just makes me want to read it more to see how the book ended up with such a difference in opinions.

And if there is ever a controversy about a book I absolutely have to read it. For example, a couple of years ago there was a historical book with a scene that some people called flat-out rape & others said it was a kind of forced seduction. I had to read it to see what I thought.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 am

Is anyone from here going to Lori Foster's Get Together?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:22 am

Who is Lori Foster? What get together?

ETA: uap knows more about the Outlander series, her and Autumn, than any people I know. Maybe more than Diana Gabaldon herself!
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am

Lori Foster is another one of my favorite authors. She does an annual Author/Reader Get Together in Ohio.

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Too far for me! Much past Lubbock or Amarillo is a no go this time of year. Are you going to make the trip?
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I am going. It's my first time going to anything like this. I've never even been to a book signing. The only author I know of that's had signings in this area is Nicholas Sparks. I am so excited about going. I'm driving to OH from SC (about 8 hours).
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 pm

By the way, you should check out some of Lori Foster's books. She has a lot of series so if you like to read in order make sure you look at the connected books on her website. And I can tell you some of my faves if you decide to read any.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 pm

twirling
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Sad Busy Rolling Eyes Busy very sad Busy bye
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm

No kidding! May is INSANE and I haven't had enough time to read. Well, not enough time by my usual standards. Sad

I've been making my way through D.B. Reynold's Vampires in America series, and enjoying them bunches. Just not making my way through them very fast. A chapter here, a chapter there. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to start reading on the toilet! I'll double my reading every day, easy.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:19 pm

My farmers are getting ready to plant. We are too freakin' dry to plant. Government insurance programs force the planting, dry or not. Thousands of dollars of unnecessary expense to my guys.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Lovely. I wish I could send some of our rain your way!

The temporary roof repairs (from after the tornado) at work aren't enough to keep out all the rain. We are working out of what is now known as the fleet support swamp. Jokes abound about starting a reality show, "Swamp Engineers", but none of us have interesting accents and nobody wants to wrestle the native wildlife. The cockroaches would kick our out-of-shape office worker asses!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:01 pm

These extremes are something. Lubbock, south side only, got hit hard with a hail storm Sunday. Tore up 30-40 homes pretty badly. Siding and brick stripped off. Roofs punched until they collapsed. All windows gone. Carpets and furniture ruined. Barely got a shower on the farm land in any direction or a drop here. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

I hope this is the place to write this. I saw at tvguide.com that Season 5 of True Blood there bringing in Eric Northmans sister. Really?? Now he has a damn sister. I can't wait to see where that's going to go. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:03 am

Ugh... What are they up to?
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:11 am

Starbrites, what books are Jake Riordan & Owen Grayson from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: