Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jennifer Estep

Go down 
+6
Doppleganger
sabby
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Greencat
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
showmethelove
showmethelove

Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 pm

star WOL star

I was so upset and confused about Caine. He's a total asshole but after WOL I kept waiting for his return. Gin wanted him, so I guess I did too.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 pm

spoilers

I wanted to hate Caine, but she liked his dedication to doing the right thing the right way instead of just fixing the problem. If he had compromised himself just for her I don't know if she would have still liked him. But damn he had a huge stick up his ass!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:00 am

I started Venom too Dopp very happy

WOL star star

Andy you viewed it actually how I did too. Yes Caine was a total dick, but one should never compromise their morals based on some really HAWT Steamy, unbelievable mind-blowing orgasmic -I don't give a rat's ass where we fuck-cuz I'm so damn hot for you SEX phewwwww

It would have never work. no idea

Now this metal HAWTiE.... Yep he totally peaked (.)(.) me interest
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:19 am

I'm onto Tangled Threads at moment. I liked Caine, but I like the metal man a WHOLE lot better Wink

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:30 pm

star Venom star

I'm only ~10% in, but I'm getting tired of the info-dumps. The story really takes off without any ramping up, and that's great. But all the infodump passages interrupt the flow. I'm skimming through those parts. Mad

So Donovan really left. GOOD. Asshat! I never fully understood the attraction Gin had for him. Well, I understand the physical attraction, but not why she fell for him. She has this disdain for morality - she's very much a pragmatist. And he hated her for that. Match made in hell. Hot, but it lacked any real emotional possibilities.

Finn is a boob man! (*)(*) Heehee
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:57 pm

I really do need to add a fun boob smiley smile

I agree about the constant info bumps. I know they are needed, but maybe not so thoroughly detailed. I am skimming through a lot too Dopp no idea
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 am

Doppleganger wrote:
star Venom star

I'm only ~10% in, but I'm getting tired of the info-dumps. The story really takes off without any ramping up, and that's great. But all the infodump passages interrupt the flow. I'm skimming through those parts. Mad

So Donovan really left. GOOD. Asshat! I never fully understood the attraction Gin had for him. Well, I understand the physical attraction, but not why she fell for him. She has this disdain for morality - she's very much a pragmatist. And he hated her for that. Match made in hell. Hot, but it lacked any real emotional possibilities.

Finn is a boob man! (*)(*) Heehee

Asshat!! roflmao He really was but I still kept wanting him to be for Gin. Well until someone better came along!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 pm

star VENOM star

I'm about halfway through. LOVE that metal man!
A metal elemental like him would be awesome at inspecting airplane parts (or car parts, pipelines, bridge trusses, etc.). Oh gee, the metal says it's about to form a crack at location x sometime during the next flight - ground the plane! Or, say, next time your car develops some mysterious noise, it sure would be handy to have the local metal elemental touch the car and tell you what the problem is. They'd make awesome mechanics. Like Zee in the Mercedes Thompson books!

I am unapologetically skipping infodump passages. Blah blah blah, burned rune into hands, blah blah, Fletcher tortured by air elemental, blah blah, caine disapproved, blah. If I miss anything new in those paragraphs, so be it. It's annoying.

I'm really hoping that Gin goes out to dinner with Owen before the end of this book. Poor guy, he's doing everything right and getting nothing but teases back. I wouldn't blame him for giving up and moving on. I wouldn't like it, but I couldn't blame him either.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 pm

star Venom star

OMG I am loving this series excited

I am at 86% now and it's so good. Minus all the info dumps. Your not joking about that part Dopp. I'm right there with you, skipping through all that. I read it before, several times actually, so don't need the constant reminder.

I already have Tangled Threads ready to go here soon
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm now up to Spiders Revenge bounce Owen heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm

I'll be starting Spider's Revenge tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Already well into TT loo

heart OWEN heart

Ummmm Caine who? I mean was he even a necessary character?
Cause right now it's all about the metal man in my eyes drool
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Shoot I am going to have to get spider's Revenge so I can read it with you all.. I am also super glad to know I am not the only one who skimmed threw all the info dumps. Which I call repeat inner chatter.. I am pretty sure I have said it before but I hate that. The story is so damn good minus those places!

Damn GC you finally blew passed me on a series. Guess I am starting to slack.. smile

heart Owen heart

Anybody read the short's on Jennifer Esteps Page and how were they?
Hate to waste time if they were no good..
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm starting Spider's Revenge tonight Gin Blano
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Damn now I am really pressed to catch up with you guys. I'll have to kindle it in the AM and get to reading.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 pm

YEAH, that means I can start Spider's Revenge tomorrow too!!!!! Gin Blano
I've been waiting for y'all which was tough because I love that METAL man!!! I swear I have a thing for purple eyes!!! Owen, Rhevenge, Quinn!! They are just Hawt!! I wont say too much but TT was SMEXY as hell!!! in love drool

Yeah Donovan was needed, first of all even though he was a complete "Asshat"!!! Their chemistry was still undeniably hot..... and now we can appreciate Owen that much more since Caine blew it!!!..
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:28 am

Right ladies are we ready to roll? First time for awhile so many of us have been on the same book! wine
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:40 am

Downloaded and ready to go!

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:29 am

I'm starting Tangled Threads today! I doubt I'll catch up to y'all, but I'm not far behind!

Starbrites: I read 2 of the shorts on Esteps site, and yes they were good. I read them when I was earlier in the series, so they had some info that was revealing to me, but will be old news to you. Still, it will be neat to read Finn and Fletcher's POV. And they are very short, so if you don't like it won't be a big waste of time.

Sabby, I'm soooo ready for some hawt smexy-time with the metal man in TT!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

/rant on

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! cussing

Started Tangled Threads during my lunch hour, and I'm beyond annoyed. OK, I had reason to be annoyed BEFORE I started reading. But TT is *not* helping.

Infodump, infodump, infodump. Southtown vs. Northtown. Recap of previous books. Fletcher is Finns dad, they both like chicory coffee. Gin is the Spider. She's a stone elemental. Finn likes the ladies, a lot. I get it already.
Does Estep have to remind me of every single fucking detail? This is book 4. Efuckingnough.

/rant off

OK. I feel better now. Just had to let that out. flirty
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:13 pm

roflmao Dopple! Don't get your hopes up that she will stop doing it Spider's Revenge.. Cause I am already crusing threw SR and I would hate for you to get your hopes up..

I think I will wait till I finish SR before I post anything..
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Dopp I feel you girl. But on a positive note with all the info dumps, I'm breezing through TT. roflmao

I started last night and up to 42%
so it looks like you and me will bringing up the rear for SR high 5

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
caligrl

caligrl

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I just finished Spider's Revenge. Can't wait to discuss.

Somehow I didn't find the info dumps in this one quite as bad - maybe that's because I've been glazing over them? I don't think they would have been near as annoying if I hadn't read the books back to back. I'm was happy to see that I wasn't the only one bugged by the 'info dumps' Wink

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:22 pm

I realized while reading Tangled Threads, that not only am I getting a lot of infodumps, but that these infodumps seem exactly the same as in previous books. Well, after checking I realized they aren't quite the same. But they are close enough to make me wonder if they are being recycled. Rolling Eyes
These are just a couple of the similar passages. I'll bet those of you reading Spider's Revenge find them again!

Northern Aggression

From Spider's Bite, (Kindle location 3998, 54%):
"The outside of Northern Aggression might have been faceless, but the inside had a distinct personality. One of delicious decadence. Crushed red velvet drapes covered the walls, the floor was an exquisite bamboo, and the bar itself was an elaborate sheet of Ice."

From Web of Lies (Kindle location 2668, 63%):
The outside of Northern Aggression might have been a faceless shell, but the inside had a distinct personality, even during the middle of the day. The few overhead lights that were on highlighted the heavy, crushed red velvet drapes that covered the walls. The floor was a wonderful springy bamboo that cushioned our feet, but our steps still echoed in the hollow empty building."

From Tangled Threads (Kindle location 686, 14%):
While the outside of Northern Aggression might have been bland and featureless, the inside was all rich, elegant decadence. Everything was meant to provide as much visual pleasure as possible, from the bamboo floor, to the crushed red velvet drapes that covered the walls, to the elaborate Ice bar that hugged the dance floor. "

Hookers, Vampires, and Runes. Oh my!:

Spider's Bite (Kindle location 4004, 54%):
"Most of the waitstaff were vampires, all were hookers. Every single one wore a necklace with a rune dangling on the end of it - a heart with an arrow through it - and a bright smile that hinted at the pleasures yet to come."

Venom (Kindle location 661, 12%):
"Most of the staff members were vampires, and all of them were hookers. They were easy to identify since each one wore a necklace with a rune hanging off the end - a heart with an arrow through it."

Tangled Threads (Kindle location 691, 14%):
"Most of them were vampires, all of them were hookers, and every single one of wore a necklace with the heart-and-arrow rune dangling from the end of the chain, letting clubgoers know that they were on the menu too."

Deja Vu! It amazes me that these are getting through the editor.

I am enjoying the plot, and the characters are unique and just....cool. Some of the jokes are recurring too, and that's actually pretty funny. I get the humor in that. But the recurring infodumps? An author can get a pass when that happens one time. Two, tops. After that it seems sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Ummmm, I probably should have prefaced that post by saying it's been a taxing day.
And I am in a mood.

Maybe it's time for a little Ethan Day therapy... muffin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep   Jennifer Estep - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Estep
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next