Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Sherwood

Go down 
+5
KateS
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KateS

Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I like to think of Justin's story as happening in an alternate universe, if that helps... So there's really TWO Dan's... one's off living the high life in California, the other's back in Kentucky training eventers. They're both happy! (Because the end of Justin's story, as I wrote it in that short, is very happy!)
Back to top Go down
KateS

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:07 pm

I thought you might be Barb! Nice user pic!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 pm

I just finished Trifecta. Also very good.

I didn't cry reading Justin's story. I don't know why. I couldn't even read all of Rough Broke but Justin's story was just beautiful. He fell so in love with Dan.
Back to top Go down
KateS

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Trifecta didn't get a whole lot of love from readers - I was trying to write complex, flawed characters, and I think maybe I made them a bit TOO flawed for a lot of readers. But I like them...
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok no reading Dark Horse before work or if having bad day, check. Dark horse was on my list next might leave till have a few days off in a row when everyone is back at work and school.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Yes, you'll want crying time when reading Dark Horse.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Kate!!

It's so awesome that you came by. We love having author's stop by and mingling with us!!!

Thanks so much Hi
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
KateS

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:44 pm

It's fun to be here. Thanks for having me. I've been doing a little snooping around, found some interesting books to buy... definitely a pleasant place to spend some time.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Yep. We cost eachother a "small" fortune with all the pimping!! We hang out for FictionWise codes.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Well after all the recent pimp 'n y'all been doing I've definitely put Dark horse on my short TBR list!!! reading Especially since Kate has stopped by I love the possibility of any inside info!!! welcome secret pray interviewer This should be fun!!! bounce

GC looks like its u and me again, I'll hopefully be ready to read DH in the next few days.... I'm on a Kim Dare retreat not worthy whipping poke yes master and than want to get started on Darynda Jones....
Why is there so many great Doppleganger and so little I\'m waiting I better hop to it be right back
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm

I love your posts. Now we jst need a Duck! And a horse
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am

Crap! I was so immersed in Dark Horse last night that I missed Kate's visit! Ohhh....I said mean things about the whole bawling my eyes out....! There is a back story for Justin? Can't wait.

star Dark Horse star

Dan and Evan and Jeff are at Jeff's house discussing things. Gotta go before soeone comes in...need to read a bit more before I get busy. heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am

There are several shorts about the characters in the series.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:17 am

Where do i find the shorts? I am downling Out of the Darkness.

Dark Horse was amazing.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 am

I think they have most of them on ARe. (All Romance Ebooks) FREE! http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html

The list of shorts can be found on GR if you need them.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 am

Some of them are pretty long for shorts. Bermuda shorts.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

Big & Tall shorts! I have Into the Light and Justin's to read. Waugh! Justin Sad

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

twirling Got em!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Reading...Sometimes You Just Know.....

I have just got to mention this. It is frustrating sometimes to read stories about horses when it is easy to spot that the writer has little first hand knowledge of any horse besides a back yard pony. Most writers know absolutely NOTHING about performance horses or competitive horsemanship. That is not the case with Kate Sherwood! This woman knows what she's talking about and I am just eating it up! Dan and Justin have just ridden to the top of the hill for the first time. Justin throws a leg off of Titan and steps down, keeps hold of his reins but lets Titan lower his head to graze even though he knows it's a bad habit, but he just doesn't care right now. That is a HUGE staterment! You don't let performance horses grab a bite of this or that...! Competitive horsemen work HARD at giving their horses the best of feed; the highest quality hays and grains and sweet feeds...exactly the right protein mixture for each horse. Only a back yard rider or the truly uninformed would deliberately let a horse graze on ...whatever! It isn't like it's hard to fix. You just don't let em do it, and eventually they don't try very often. What she did for the story made perfect sense....Justin KNEW he shouldn't allow it, but his mind was on Dan at that moment. KATE SHERWOOD ROCKS! It is just so.....nice....to read a story about horses when the writer is so very knowledgeble.

If you know very little about horses in general or performance horses in particular, you can trust Kate. Through one book and most of a short story she has not made one horse related mistake.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Shay I emailed you all the freebies and the reading order.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks, Swede.

Finished SYJK. I thought maybe I should explain something. From some of my posts, it might seem that I am focusing more on the horses than the men. Nope. Not true. It's just that the horses are always interesting to me. But Kate is getting it right, and that is so rare. I am not having to snort and fume because everything about the horses is wrong, so I actually am more involved in the relationship between Justin and Dan that I would have been if Kate didn't know horses and horsemen so well. She is just seamless. After reading this and getting to know Justin a little better I almost broke into tears again. Crap.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey Aniko air kiss I know you are also a big Kate fan!!! Good to see more reading her books!!
Back to top Go down
KateS

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Damn, you guys are my favourite board EVER! I'm going to get a swelled head!

I'm glad you're enjoying the stories, and I'm glad I haven't screwed up the horse stuff. I do ride, and I have worked in barns, so, yeah, I know what I'm talking about, but I still worry that, I don't know, it'll turn out that there's something idiosyncratic about the barns I've been at that seems strange to other people and they'll assume that I'm making it up. So it's good to hear positive reports of that area.

And, yeah, my guys are sweeties, right? I do miss them...
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Kate! Your horse knowledge is great! I have posted about that so much that it's becomming redundant, but it is really nice to not be distracted by porr horsemanship.

Just finished Rough Broke.....Oh, Dan! Damn, Kate. I love Danny. I want to hug him. I want to comfort him. What a damaged and completely lovable guy. heart

Kate if you read some of my earlier posts, you know that I claim no knowledge of Event horses or riders. If there are errors about some of the specifics, I don't know. I told what upsets me when writers are talking about cowboys and rodeo which I spent almost 40 years doing.

Thank you for accepting my friend request on facebook. (Sharon Cox)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next