Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contemporary

Go down 
+5
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
sabby
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Contemporary - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:44 pm

I have started Gambling Men by Amy Lane
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:45 pm

That looks pretty good. Please let me know how it is! Because I need to buy more books smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Finished A Token of Time, and I LOVED it. heart I honestly think it was better than Piper's Point.

This is certainly more....mature than Ethan's other books. It has a lot going on outside of the character's relationships, and a paranormal slant. It still carries all Ethan's writing strengths - hilarious bantering dialogue and fantastic scene setups. Chapter 17 of this book is classic Ethan and had me rolling! It also has an emotional punch, and a couple scenes that were downright horrific.

The time travel aspect added some interesting interactions between characters. Take one of Ethan's hilariously inappropriate characters and throw them into a situation where they have to interact with people in a time when things were more polite, and things get pretty entertaining. I also thought the little details from the time travel (historical research type stuff) was really well done. Even the coffee....I mean, Mr. Coffee drip coffeemakers haven't been around forever. I might have considered that one of those 'downright horrific' scenes I mentioned earlier, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Breathe by Sloan Parker It was fantastic. heart

Read it ladies!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I started Breathe last night. Oooooh boy sees boy and fireworks! just wait until boy finds out who boy is LOL
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:27 am

SwedeLover wrote:
I started Breathe last night. Oooooh boy sees boy and fireworks! just wait until boy finds out who boy is LOL

roflmao
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:47 am

Breathe is on my Nook. I want a cry warning for that one!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 am

I don't know if I posted this but American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane was very good.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Jenny.. I have a tearjerker to read..whenever you are ready Sad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm

What is it? I have not started anything yet so I am ready!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:15 pm

it is meant to be like Junction X - sad very sad and I don't think there is a HEA http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13509695-listening-to-dust
let me know here or on Goodreads when you're ready!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: