Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contemporary

Go down 
+5
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
sabby
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Contemporary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:57 pm

A Fostered Love by Cameron Dane This turned out to be a really good book. I cannot wait to read the 2nd one in the series.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm

I just read the first and second of Cameron Dane's Redemption series. First one was good. The second was a miss. I will be reading more from her. Maybe I'll read A Fostered Love next. Thanks, Starbrites.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I have had a trip to Brazil... Lee Brazil. He writes a series called Truth or Dare based on the Blake family - a Hollywood power family, 4 sons that play poker every Tuesday night. They have the right to declare any given hand a Truth or Dare hand; as a way to force a brother into action, generally on his love life. Number 4 came out yesterday and it was IMO the best of the bunch Taking the Dare
Another great story of Lee's is Loving Jacob heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Now I am onto LA Witt again.

The Distance Between Us was about a couple who have been together for over 10 years, and have now just fallen out of love and called it quits. They can't get rid of the house though, so decide to take in a room mate so they can pay off the mortgage asap. Morgan, of course, is HAWT. And both guys fancy him..... only to discover that if you care enough to be jealous; then you do in fact, still care smile fun and uber sexy read.

I am now on the sequel The Closer I Get so far, so verra, verra good. This is Morgans story
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Dreaming in color ~ Cameron Dane

This book turned out to be really good. The emotional relationship, a big secret going on and the mystery of the house was just fantastic. Cried a little too.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:05 am

Just downloaded More Than Chemstry by Kate Sherwood.... Now I need to decide which to read first - that one, or Kissed By God bt TA Chase thinking
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Just read Anything for You by Ethan Day! I heart this book!

star star AFY star star

I have to add this as one of the funniest things I have ever read. I have laughed hard at alot of stuff but this right here had me holding my sides.

"I'm a great big cock-sucking homo and I love Chad!"

Really, Maybe I need some serious help but that whole scene in the book was just fucking hysterical.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Is that the book with the beer can cock speech?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

No that was at the end when he was confessing to his sister that he was gay. Bu the speech he made to Chad's parents was also awesome! This book had some serious stuff going on but it also had some of the funniest shit going on too.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

It's been a long time since I read Anything For You, so I didn't remember that line until you explained it! roflmao Got any more fav lines? I could use the refresher. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:03 am

Yup, I sure do..

When Jason and Chad are at dinner with Chad's Parents. The Mother says to her son that she wished he would stop pawing all over his boyfriend because he dosen't seem comfortable with it. Then Jason pipes right up and says..

"Actually, Mrs. Wellington." Then he squirms around in his seat to prove a point. " I know it probably looks that way to you, about my being uncomfortable and all. But that's not not it, I swear. Your son here fucked the hell out of me right before we left the house for dinner and my ass is killing me."

OMG! Now I am laughing all over again!!

I loved how he kept de-gaying his apartment everytime someone came over.. The magazines, gay movies, Closets are for Gowns Darling magnet, Men of Malibu calendar and I LOVED this one The Erection Connection mouse pad!!!! roflmao

Oh, and his sister is awesome. Running down that bitch who stole her boots in the store line. Waits for her in the parking lot then hits the gas and drove right into her car door. Ripped it right off.

This really was a awesome book.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 am

As You Are is my third favorite of Ethan's! I really need to reread that one. smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:52 am

OMG! roflmao I remember that restaurant scene. Classic! I laughed over that for days. smile

Ethan has a new book coming out, but he says it's not a comedy. I'm simultaneously disappointed and it won't be an Ethan funnyfix, and excited to see Ethan branch out.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am

I read Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander this week. Maybe my favorite read of 2012! So good!

I'm now reading The Haunting of St. Xavier by Carol Lynne and TA Chase. It's a little creepier then I thought it would be and I love that. Only 50 pages in.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Showme, did you like Shattered Glass more than Dark Horse? Not a challenge between books, just a sort of very general feeling about books. They were so different that I think they are difficult to compare I have raved over Shattered Glass. I have raved over Dark Horse. I have also raved over A Discovery Of Witches. If I had to vote for my favorite so far? I would refuse to vote. They were all fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't think you can compare them at all. I personally loved them both. What benefits Dark Horse is that we have had more than one book. I wouldn't be able to choose. At all.

By the way, Kate is totally flexible for her chat....
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Ohhhh.....Kate chat.....! Yay.....
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:46 pm

They really are two totally different reads IMO. I think I liked Shattered Glass better because it didn't make me cry for days! I could cry right now Sad They were both really good but I always prefer to laugh then to cry.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 pm

I wish I had highlighted all the parts of Shattered Glass that made me laugh. There would be a LOT of highlights!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:19 pm

I said the same thing, Shay! I think Swede did so we can always count on her smile

The Haunting of St. Xavier was pretty good. Creepier then I thought but with a nice little love story. A nice message about being yourself and accepting that just because some men may hate you because your gay, doesn't mean god does. You wouldn't have caught me in that place *shivers* Freaky! I would recommend this book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 am

The Haunting of St Xavier? Hmmmm.....I haven't read a scary book in years. Might be fun.

ETA: Got it. I will get to in in a day or so. The preview sounds really good. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

It wasn't that scary, Shay. Really creepy. Worth reading.

Finished reading Kissed By God by TA Chase. Nice short read about addiction. I'm a little peeved it was so short. It could have been really good with about 50 more pages.

Last edited by showmethelove on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm

star The Haunting Of St Xavier star

roflmao Something is pounding the hell out of Jason's front door and he goes to the closet for a baseball bat! Just like a gay guy....! Where the hell is his Sig? Oh...wait! They're in Florida. They never put the spooky books in Texas. We just bring out the 12 quage. Problem solved! roflmao
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

A bat is better than nothing. Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:53 pm

I know. This book is gonna get scary, huh? It is already making me jumpy. Inappropriate laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next