Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***

Go down 
+7
showmethelove
2shay
Starbrites
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 am

Because I love you guys I'll throw you a bone and give you some context with today's quote. Molly's sister is saying this to Jane about Molly.

"No. We have to stab her first."
Back to top Go down
2shay

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 am

OoKaay! Stabbing Molly. They must be trying to remove a spell. Either that or they are using her for vampire bait! Can't decide.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 am

"Jane does not have monkey necklace."

I think somebody needs to send her one! smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:27 pm

roflmao I loved that bit.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 am

"George said you would be angry to find me here, in your bed. Please say that you are delighted instead."
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Oh hey, it rhymes!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Well, that takes some of the sexy out of it lol
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I finally finished RC!!
Wow!!!!!
I give this bad boy 4.5 star

I have a ton of great quotes highlighted but when I go back and look at the ones the other mods listed, well they are pretty much the same ones too. Lol

Great Job Faith
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 pm

twirling Tomorrow twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Just a few hours away! I can't wait for everyone else to read it, I've been dying to discuss it with y'all. Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 1828999080

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 1247806006
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Days for me still, was sent out till the 31st from the UK. This series is one of the few that I can't get on kindle. But I love the books they are so pretty so not too much of a hardship. I need to keep out of the spoiler zone!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:27 pm

That sucks GC! How long does it normally take for books to ship to you?

Raven Cursed is my favorite cover of this series - I really like the emerald green.
Hubby likes them all.... Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 3941279114 (I didn't ask which one was his fav!)
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Hubby have a thing for women in leather and motorbikes huh. I'm just presuming it not cause he has read the books. Wink
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Will this be the thread we will use when we are reading RC?

I have it but I am right in the middle of a series that I don't really want to put down to start another yet but I want to make sure I know what thread to use when I start.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm

As of right now yes. This one already has spoiler warnings and all that good stuff. Thanks for asking!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Loved the Rick and apology AND pheromones! He's sooooo hawt he's forgiven in my book....if it was anyone else he wouldn't be...LOL
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Finished....
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 pm

star Raven Cursed star

Jane's "guilt" over everything just about drove me batty. Then Molly not being able to see her guardian angels anymore because of her "loss of faith". Then the angel showing up to save the day. Felt pretty "preachy". Jane Yellowrock! Rogue Vampire Hunter! Have Stake, Will Travel! Where did that go? Evil Evie was annoying and kind of interesting in a weird way in the last book. Putting a love spell on Bruiser? Who could blame her? Most of the bad, nasty magic was being done by the vampires. But this book was more about nasty, heavy black magic and spell casting (boring) than about Jane hunting down rogue vamps, although that was there, too. And, no resolution between Rick and Jane. Rick will probably take a job and leave. If he doesn't, his Big Cat combined with his personal propensity to tomcat around makes me think he will never be a good match for Jane...although Beast might not care. And what about Beast? I don't blame her for taking off. "Guilt Ridden Jane" probably got on her LAST nerve, not to mention the demon fight. Beast is good hunter..has killing teeth...being rescued by an angel might not have sat well. Where we're all the guys that Beast has always told Jane would be "good mates"? I did not understand this book.

ETA: the only thing that might make sense, to me, is something that Aggie told Jane on the phone. That the Christian part of Jane might not like the Cherokee part. Maybe the whole story was about Jane having to choose. Maybe that is one of the reasons that Beast left. Beast certainly doesn't feel guilt about killing to protect herself or eat or protect her "kits".
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm

But other than that, what did you think of the book Shay?

Kidding! (I kid because I love.) heart

I also think Jane's guilt was too much. She was taking responsibility for things that were in no way her fault.

star Ricky-Bo star
About Ricky-Bo....I think Jane's relationship with him is doomed now that he can infect her. If they can't have sexy-time it's got a short shelf life. Beast would not be happy, and Jane, well ok maybe Jane would be satisfied, but the first time Rick finds a willing werecat that he can poke without infecting he'll be gone.

star Raven Cursed Ending star

There is one quote that I think summed up Jane in this book well:
"But I was fractured, broken, and I didn't have the time, not now, for self-analysis and soul-searching. Someday. Someday."

So many fractures in Jane's life now, between Cherokee Jane and Christian Jane, Jane and Beast, Jane and Molly, Jane and Rick, Jane and Bruiser, between being a vamp hunter and working for vamps. Time for Jane to figure it out!

Beast! I'm so worried about Beast. I think the Raven Mocker had something to do with her leaving. Maybe Beast ran in to the Raven Mocker before, or it scares the bejeezus outta Beast for some reason. I'd also like to know how Beast knows more about magic than Jane. I've got lots of Beast questions!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:11 am

star Raven Cursed star

I am pretty sure. Really, pretty sure that Beast knows Raven Mocker. The Trail Of Tears thing. And, of course, that is a defining event in all Cherokee tales. Awful.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm

star whole book star
being horribly sick gave me some reading time
what upset me the most...that Rick can't make kits with Jane...unless there is some "magical" way. I wonder how long Rick will be satisfied not having full on sex with anyone. Hope he doesn't go find a were-panther mate. I also wonder about the tattoo and fate. Jane just kept leaving him in the lurch most of the book. Not like her at all. She even did it to Angie. Hope he doesn't get mad at the licking by hot Gregoire...who is a perve now that I know he likes men and he keeps those twins around.
What is up Beast's ass? Was it the memory she saw? did something happen Beast forgot and just remembered?
Hope Rick isn't on the opposite side of Leo and Jane with what job he takes.
Evil Evie. I loved how our fav author used that name all over the book...and all the colors totally came into play. I was wondering if he daughter would be the female shooter at the end.
Totally laughed when Beast though Big Even might be a good mate...for Molly...for Jane.
My gawd is Ricky_Bo hawt! Wonder what conversation Big Evan and he will have about the tat. Shocking Ricky knew it was what was holding his shift.
Who do you think is attacking at the end and how did the vamps go through such quick devevo...did Evil Evie have something to do with it?
How did it now reek from the corpse in a rug at her house for 10 years?
I am shocked that crazy wolf chick was able to wheel and deal with Evie and she actually worked together.
Ok, so I think that was most of it.
No what will become of Kem? I wonder if he will go after Jane.

Now to real other's comments.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Finishing Rc inspired me to reread well skim cat tatts. So far this I found very interesting. The first layout of tarots had death (meaning change) in the middle with the hanged man at the 12oclock position. She didn't like this do she redid the reading the way she likes. It has knight of wands which she says is him. Over that card she lays death and says this is the problem. Over that she lays a woman sitting between one white and one black pillar. The person wore a white crown like a nuns wimple and a cross on her chest (sound anything like the strange vamp that lives in the cemetery). It says high priestess and she says this is the solution or best course of action...so does she do something for Rick like remove the cat taint or help him decide to shift or not? What I would do for some Rick/Jane kits! Now did we ever find out if vamps can sire children with human women? We do know vamps don't crap their pants because Gregoire sorted that on put in RC. Ok finally she lays out the lovers card (Jane???) Her last reading is knight of swords knight of wands and knight of cups. Down the middle were death, the queen of swords and the lovers. Could the 3 knights be him, Leo and his sidekick? Am I wrong with the lovers and maybe it is foreseeing the wolf and panther bitches tainting him?
Ok so here is the last reading from her grandmas cards. Queen of pentacles upside down with a wolf asleep at her feet. King of swords with an African lion at his feet and a sword of gold. Page of pentacles was a vampire with a scroll under his arms. King of wands a witch with red hair and fire from his hand and an owl overhead. No cup cards. Also queen of swords woman in black with a wildcat with yellow eyes on her lap drawing blood with claws on right leg. Queen had silver sword dripping with blood. Knight of wands was on rearing black horse holding a bloody stake and silver sword with vampire heads beneath the hooves. A wolf howled in background. The knight of swords was upside down with a silver and black bloodied sword and a huge black leopard with yellow gold eyes on the horses back.

Last edited by uapeople on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos- dang autocorrect on itouch)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 pm

There's more but I don't feel well enough tonight to type it up.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am

Damn Uap!! That's deep and extremely interesting. I've had all but forgotten about that part
Awesome reminder high 5
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Welcome. I do wonder the deal with the white wolf- did the angel heal him?

There is so much more about the tarot cards. I will see if I can get anyone to interpret or see if there are websites to interpret the readings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next